What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Haze Hybrid Thread

HAZENACIOUS

Predatory marketing is what is being done around the death of the guy who made the Haze famous.

I love Haze hybrids, but I do love pure Haze more, alone because it is more rare and not so fast and easy to grow or find.
Home made straight Haze cross that carries the clear high of the pure Haze. (Panama x Ohaze)
View Image
View Image View Image
Hi Johnny,
Seems you may be right about that, but the important thing is that the genetics get out there, hopefully without being bastardized too much. That was always Nevil's Mission, to get the genetics out there.

Beautiful plants, by the way. Also Haze Hybrids, which are of course true Hazes.

NH X 3/4-Hz5C
picture.php

HAZENACIOUS

i understand what you mean ,
however the folks that made the all colombian hybrid initially donned it haze ,,

so anything where some other variety is added is a haze hybrid and of course not a pure/true haze,

nothing predatory or revised about it , just simply correct labeling ..

"Pure" and "True" are not synonymous. A lot of assumptions there about the origins of Haze.

Predatory in that it is a common predatory practice in marketing to delegitimize the competition through semantics, to develop a propaganda narrative and postulate your own product as the legitimate or "true" version. It's common, so to the extent that seedsellers are using said narrative to delegitimize the competition in the hopes you will buy their version instead, this is predatory marketing.

I am not saying that everyone who believes that the original Seedbank hazes are not "true" hazes is engaged in predatory marketing, on the contrary, I would guess most people who hold this opinion have simply been duped by those engaged in predatory marketing.

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
ahh i understand more what you were getting at ,
when you said "people " in your original post i thought u were suggesting the folks within these pages ,
most of the guys that have read the boards for a while know well the story, stories about haze , nevil and sam etc ,
but absolutely some seed companies are ruthless and would sell their own grandma and also lie about her origins ,, so yep i understand why you were saying predatory marketing...

are you saying you dont believe the story that haze is made of 3 different colombian varieties hybridized though ??

we can only go by what the chap that introduced haze to the world ,

and thats what he reckons it is ...

apparently even sam says he is not sure what he gave nevil ,
some think it could be a thai/haze hybrid ,

this could be true of tom hills haze also ,
it certainly had traits that reminded me a lot of some thai that grew in the area i live when i was a bit younger ,
a dead ringer for the mango sativa we used to grow that was thought to be of thai origin ...

JohnnyChicago

You made the cross or from seeds?? That cross of Panama X Ohaze sounds so nice. Anyone make a seed version of that is worth buying??

I made the cross, but it's not being sold.

In Ace's Panama Haze you could find similar things.
NH x Panama, could be great too :)

HAZENACIOUS

ahh i understand more what you were getting at ,
when you said "people " in your original post i thought u were suggesting the folks within these pages ,
most of the guys that have read the boards for a while know well the story, stories about haze , nevil and sam etc ,
but absolutely some seed companies are ruthless and would sell their own grandma and also lie about her origins ,, so yep i understand why you were saying predatory marketing...

are you saying you dont believe the story that haze is made of 3 different colombian varieties hybridized though ??

we can only go by what the chap that introduced haze to the world ,

and thats what he reckons it is ...

apparently even sam says he is not sure what he gave nevil ,
some think it could be a thai/haze hybrid ,

this could be true of tom hills haze also ,
it certainly had traits that reminded me a lot of some thai that grew in the area i live when i was a bit younger ,
a dead ringer for the mango sativa we used to grow that was thought to be of thai origin ...

Hi Donald,
Yes that's exactly right, most of us have strong opinions regarding haze and there is nothing wrong with that. As for 3 way Columbian cross, that might be true of some of the other hazes, but I believe haze C had Thai in it as you are saying. It's interesting because so many of the hazes I get in my stock remind me of the Columbians I used to smoke back in the day, but the high is like nothing I've experienced, except for maybe the thaistick of my childhood.

5hz hybrid
picture.php

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
Your fortunate to have previous experience with the old colombians hazenacious ,
im envious of the guys on the boards who were in the right place at the right time for those beauties ,
our experience so far from the americas was pretty limited as far as colombians go , so i cant reminisce the same as your able ,
however we did have lots of thai and thai stick ,

and id agree the high on some of the haze hybrids remind me of the high from the thai also ,

particularly the ability to induce paranoia , sweaty head rushes etc

i especially like that growth habit with the stacking calyxes like you have in your picture there ,

ive seen it in mango haze and it was both pleasing to the eye and the head when consumed ,, lol ..

picture.php

picture.php

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
View Image

View Image

View Image

same cut getting grown inside ,,guerrilla and garden ,,

Hi Donald,
Yes that's exactly right, most of us have strong opinions regarding haze and there is nothing wrong with that. As for 3 way Columbian cross, that might be true of some of the other hazes, but I believe haze C had Thai in it as you are saying. It's interesting because so many of the hazes I get in my stock remind me of the Columbians I used to smoke back in the day, but the high is like nothing I've experienced, except for maybe the thaistick of my childhood.

5hz hybrid
View Image

This is some nice work guys:yummy:

HAZENACIOUS

Your fortunate to have previous experience with the old colombians hazenacious ,
im envious of the guys on the boards who were in the right place at the right time for those beauties ,
our experience so far from the americas was pretty limited as far as colombians go , so i cant reminisce the same as your able ,
however we did have lots of thai and thai stick ,

and id agree the high on some of the haze hybrids remind me of the high from the thai also ,

particularly the ability to induce paranoia , sweaty head rushes etc

i especially like that growth habit with the stacking calyxes like you have in your picture there ,

ive seen it in mango haze and it was both pleasing to the eye and the head when consumed ,, lol ..

View Image

V yeiew Image
Hi Donald,

Lol, that's a good way to put it, headsweats...

I was lucky to experience the tail end of it as a teenager, and save some stock, Columbians and Thais were just a couple years too early for me to save anything but memories, regarding breeding and selection within my 5hz those memories have served me well.

Thank you, those stacked calyxes , mine don't stack as much as some but that haze trait can be indicative in many casesof haze potency.

I like it when they stack a little but not too much, it can interfere with yield. Picture below is some more nice stacking.

50% 5hzC hybrid.

picture.php

She stacks a little differently, here is a closeup of the stacking on dried bud of the same:

picture.php

Last edited:

RoyalFlush

DEA Agent
Premium user
420club
Anyone have a picture of current Sensi, Mrnice, or any company's pure C5?

Old school C5 is also welcomed.

I would aslo like to know people's opinion on old vs new C5.

bsgospel

Bat Macumba
Veteran
Amen- I've read everyone's descriptions but I don't think I've seen it...I might have missed something though

Latest posts

Latest posts