What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Haze Hybrid Thread

Fronk

Hashplant Haze x Kali China

Hashplant Haze x Kali China

No need to make plans with this one, it will do it for you. :yummy:

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:
H

hard rain

Beautiful plant Fronk. Hadn't heard of that one but it seems a new ACE varitey?

Raho

Veteran
does original haze / thh lose anything in the high upon being hybridized with another sativa?
Hi Nepal,
Haze is "sativa" but not all "sativa" is Haze.

With any F1 hybrid, you can expect to see a range of phenotypes expressing mostly dominant traits of the 2 parents. This would include the effects.

Presumably, there would be differences in the effects of the 2 parent lines.
Approx. 25% of the F1's would have haze dominant effects.
50% would express a combination of the effects from the 2 parents.
25% would have effects the favor the "sativa" parent.

This of course is an oversimplified view of the way it works, but accurate.

There are great passionate debates up here at ICmag about whether haze hybrids like what Nevil made and sold through the years are "true haze." The vigor with which some people defend their side of the debate has almost ruined several threads and is part of why I started this thread.
The issue is complicated by the fact that popular hybrids like Nevils Haze, SSH. Mango Haze and others are what introduced most people to Haze around the world ("it says "Haze" right there in the name!" after all :biggrin:). These hybrids cemented the reputation of haze as a magical line that makes almost everything it is crossed with "special".

In the end though, Haze is haze, and hybrids are hybrids. There is no reason for debate. What keeps people clashing is the question of quality. Can a hybrid be as good as "pure" haze? Do people who have never smoked her "pure" even REALLY know what Haze is? I'll keep my opinion on that to myself.

I love Haze, but I love hybrids :yummy:

"Medically" the combination of effects for me hits a sweet spot that fits a broad range of my daily needs. As a grower, I like the shorter flower time and more compact structure. As a connoisseur, I like the combination of terps between hashy wide leaf lines and the incense of Haze. It's all personal preference though and we are all entitled to our own favorite.

Hope this helps.

nepalnt21

FRRRRRResh!
Veteran
good post

i am, afterall, after the subjective opinions. yours included, so thanks for that.

if i'm ever to buy o-haze seeds, i know i won't have enough mullah to buy packs and packs so i guess i'm looking for help narrowing the range so to speak

i've read where ppl say 'you gotta try real pure haze, nothing like it' and i see where people with real pure haze outcross it.

but my jowels are wet, i wants me some haze... so is it i go and buy a few packs of thh and go pheno hunting? or will the haze x old congo cross or the zamal cross do? (just examples of my busy mind lol)

to pure haze or not pure haze, that is my question.

and then there's the demon latcher, i def wanna try oaxaca too

dammit!

sas kicks in (seed acquisition syndrome)

I wood

Veteran
good post

i am, afterall, after the subjective opinions. yours included, so thanks for that.

if i'm ever to buy o-haze seeds, i know i won't have enough mullah to buy packs and packs so i guess i'm looking for help narrowing the range so to speak

i've read where ppl say 'you gotta try real pure haze, nothing like it' and i see where people with real pure haze outcross it.

but my jowels are wet, i wants me some haze... so is it i go and buy a few packs of thh and go pheno hunting? or will the haze x old congo cross or the zamal cross do? (just examples of my busy mind lol)

to pure haze or not pure haze, that is my question.

and then there's the demon latcher, i def wanna try oaxaca too

dammit!

sas kicks in (seed acquisition syndrome)

Im no haze expert but am pretty familiar with tom hill haze.
One pack produced three females, two of which are keeper. The third just got unhealthy towards the end each time i flowered it. Sensitive to overwatering but could have been a keeper as well if i payed more attention.
I made seeds with one female and five males, got a keeper from two seeds sprouted.
Several thh crosses have all been excellent and only not kept to allow more to be explored, ten or more in the works now.
Green haze and green honduran haze from ace are both great as well but the thh is slightly more better, with a shorter flower time.

Never had the pleasure to run original haze myself but have also been eyeing the demon latcher, especially with oaxacan as a freebie.
The demon latcher would make some interesting f2s i would think.

HAZENACIOUS

Hi Nepal,
Haze is "sativa" but not all "sativa" is Haze.

With any F1 hybrid, you can expect to see a range of phenotypes expressing mostly dominant traits of the 2 parents. This would include the effects.

Presumably, there would be differences in the effects of the 2 parent lines.
Approx. 25% of the F1's would have haze dominant effects.
50% would express a combination of the effects from the 2 parents.
25% would have effects the favor the "sativa" parent.

This of course is an oversimplified view of the way it works, but accurate.

There are great passionate debates up here at ICmag about whether haze hybrids like what Nevil made and sold through the years are "true haze." The vigor with which some people defend their side of the debate has almost ruined several threads and is part of why I started this thread.
The issue is complicated by the fact that popular hybrids like Nevils Haze, SSH. Mango Haze and others are what introduced most people to Haze around the world ("it says "Haze" right there in the name!" after all :biggrin:). These hybrids cemented the reputation of haze as a magical line that makes almost everything it is crossed with "special".

In the end though, Haze is haze, and hybrids are hybrids. There is no reason for debate. What keeps people clashing is the question of quality. Can a hybrid be as good as "pure" haze? Do people who have never smoked her "pure" even REALLY know what Haze is? I'll keep my opinion on that to myself.

I love Haze, but I love hybrids :yummy:

"Medically" the combination of effects for me hits a sweet spot that fits a broad range of my daily needs. As a grower, I like the shorter flower time and more compact structure. As a connoisseur, I like the combination of terps between hashy wide leaf lines and the incense of Haze. It's all personal preference though and we are all entitled to our own favorite.

Hope this helps.

I always thought the idea of a pure haze was a bit of an oxymoron,
Considering the original hybrid is a cross of pure tropical sativas.
I hear what people are saying, but to say that the hybrids which made haze famous are somehow not true hazes? To me that sounds like a bad combination of historical revisionism and predatory marketing.

Nevil's Haze X 3/4 5HzC
picture.php

JohnnyChicago

I hear what people are saying, but to say that the hybrids which made haze famous are somehow not true hazes? To me that sounds like a bad combination of historical revisionism and predatory marketing.

Nevil's Haze X 3/4 5HzC
View Image

Predatory marketing is what is being done around the death of the guy who made the Haze famous.

I love Haze hybrids, but I do love pure Haze more, alone because it is more rare and not so fast and easy to grow or find.
Home made straight Haze cross that carries the clear high of the pure Haze. (Panama x Ohaze)
picture.php

picture.php
picture.php

G

Bubbke Skunk Haze #DLT
Gearing up for the late sativa resin ooze.
Over 6 foot, a stretcher.
Final run, no back ups.
39 days flower.
:wave:
picture.php

picture.php

justwatchin

Any of you guys got a chance to grab up Shanti's Holy Grail? Its (NH x AC) x HazeC. Making it 81% haze worked selection.

I personally prefer the worked lines over the open pollination, wich is usually why I like ACE n Mr Nice lines, but seems like you can find some real gems in this line. On there own or in crosses.. it's the purest haze Shanti has put out from my recollection. More haze C than Neville's haze.

justwatchin

I wanted to take this line n cross it into my SSH x HAPPY BROTHER Bx1 after densening up the bud structure a little as the happy brother is not that dominant, the F1 has smells of curry, spices and seasoning, inscence, permanent marker, dill, old lady perfume and a few others I haven't identified in words yet... the f2 is bringing out haze qualities of the moma along with amazing smells that were not with either chem, happybrother, or ssh that I really haven't been able to put into words... and some more mangoish inscence smells also... but ya know in f2 you gotta grow out batches of 40 n up to do any REAL selection.
What I like about the F1 is the citrus and fruit smells have taken a seat and the frankincense smells are darker heavier more prominent, it didn't lean to wood or citrus, but to penetrating inscence smells along with some others I wasnt expecting.

Have a Male SSH x Chemdog IBL that I made that smells of green apples n hippies underarm. I wanted to cross into my Ace Congo#3x Bangi haze, if I find anything special take that to f3 and then cross with the Grail also...

Any of u guys grew out the Congo3x bangi haze cross yet? I've only found 1 report n 30 beans bout to hit the coco tonight with the waxing moon.

Last edited:

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran

giphy.gif

Raho

Veteran
Predatory marketing is what is being done around the death of the guy who made the Haze famous.

I love Haze hybrids, but I do love pure Haze more, alone because it is more rare and not so fast and easy to grow or find.
Home made straight Haze cross that carries the clear high of the pure Haze. (Panama x Ohaze)
View Image
View Image View Image

Your Pan-O-Haze is at the top of the list mate!
Amazing :bow:

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran

Nevil's Haze X 3/4 5HzC
View Image
i understand what you mean ,
however the folks that made the all colombian hybrid initially donned it haze ,,

so anything where some other variety is added is a haze hybrid and of course not a pure/true haze,

nothing predatory or revised about it , just simply correct labeling ..

G

View Image
View Image View Image
You made the cross or from seeds?? That cross of Panama X Ohaze sounds so nice. Anyone make a seed version of that is worth buying??

Latest posts

Latest posts