What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Haze Hybrid Thread

JohnnyChicago

That short pheno is a A5s1?. Interesting.

(nl5xHaze) x (nl5xHaze) = 2x 50% nl5
If NH = nl5xHaze(A5) x HazeC = 16 weeks flowering
Then nl5xHaze(A5)S1 can't throw out only 16+ weeks.
That's what we are seeing I guess.
Vigor is another subjet. You would expect Seedsman to be less vigorous.
But really can't compare real pure and extreme sativas with a single pheno of an indica/sativa hybrid. That is what that pic is showing :)
And wait the flowering. A5 is in the smoke not in the look.

WHIPEDMEAT

Modortalan
Supermod
Veteran
🦫 Special 🍆
haze special from K.C. Brains under silvercolloid treatment
picture.php

compare to untreated top

picture.php

one of the pollenhungry maidens

picture.php

Last edited:

Raho

Veteran
Regarding the four plant challenge..

It's Seedsman OH, Pan-o-haze, A5s1, Seedsman OH, so you got the hazes right :)

The third plant is the most surprising to me, her sister was a runt and this is a bit weird, my impression of the A5 is these genes had to go through a lot of stress in the past, the selfed seeds show it somehow. Maybe it's not stress but i feel something weird about it. A selfed F1 plant should not have this amount of weird growth and such diminished vigor, but it's just my impression. Still thinking if she's worth the wait or what...

Cheers
You gave us a lot of clues :)

That A5s1 . . . am I wrong to assume that these legendary keeper cuts were originally selected because of their value as commercial production plants? Even if not, would they have been kept around by commercial growers for 30 years if they didn't pay for themselves ?

Power, quality, but also big yielding and fast (compared to a pure haze). They have to be a balance of the best qualitative traits of the 2 parents with mandatory commercial grower traits.

In the original F1's Nev made, there had to be plants that favored the male much more than the A5 cuts that were kept alive all these years. They say there used to be 5 different A5 cuts the south Holland crew held. Anything that was only valuable as a haze dom breeding plant would be the first off the lifeboat when push came to shove.

That said, they are treasure, and people in these haze threads are some of the best prepared to appreciate them for what they offer.

Last edited:

Stocktont

Veteran
SourA5Haze from Karma. Loving life on the deck.

View Image

View Image

Sour A5 Haze sounds like a real interesting cross. Karma has always done some pretty interesting seeds. His Sour Jack was really nice as was the Jack O Nesia, I have to get up to speed and get me some of his new A5 crosses. Looks like your plant has some of the Diesel in it too just looking at the leafs. Nice plant!

Raho

Veteran
Sour A5 Haze sounds like a real interesting cross. Karma has always done some pretty interesting seeds. His Sour Jack was really nice as was the Jack O Nesia, I have to get up to speed and get me some of his new A5 crosses. Looks like your plant has some of the Diesel in it too just looking at the leafs. Nice plant!

That Sour A5 sounds like a GREAT line.
Sour D crosses great with Haze.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
A5bx x Fp#15. Smells like a floral bouquet. I don't think she will be a keeper.

picture.php

A5bx x MAC keeper..

picture.php

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Have you smoked it already Hammer ?
I wouldn`t be calling keeper until I had smoked it and had a cpl of other heads sample it .

Not yet still in flower. I trust my intuition on what quality smoke should smell/look like. Been doing it long enough. You must have missed my previous post in the other thread I stated I try everything. Having said that I don't grow what other people like. Ive tossed plenty of keepers other people like. Its def a common aroma found in Sat gene pool. Nothing special going on here. I'm 95% sure I will cull this pheno :D.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts