What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Haze Hybrid Thread

harvestreaper

Veteran
20230719_174408.jpg

haze x haze
20230719_174330.jpg

mango laos x haze,,,,both plants have same mum

Dr.Mantis

SSH Bx4 Catpiss

Green pheno after 14 week flower and about 2 weeks in the jar. New smell for me. The fruitiness is way dialed down, and the flower has very unique incense/old pipe tobacco smell. Can’t wait to cure this for a while longer and roll a joint! Will definitely grow this one again. Basically did no trimming except removing the fan leaves.

Also I crossed this plant with the pollen from my male Thousand Oaks F5. Both plants had a very similar stem rub, and the TO ended up producing some really nice stinky sulfury smells. I’ve got some seeds popping right
now and am super excited for these!
05A09927-1254-46A8-8B6E-8270FB378946.jpeg

Piff_cat

this really just blew my mind. paper on dryings effect on monoterpene/sesquiterpene and cannabinoids. we all know it sucks sometimes alot. everyones noticed a deline from canopy to jar in a stinky plant. myself ive always liked to keep humidity high whole plant upside down etc. this paper tried something different and achieved nearly 0 terpene loss!! apparently the secret is a gentle stream of nitrogen.... obviously these other 2 methods suck and wouldnt be used. but almost intact is tought to beat!!

1689906862704.png

next is graphic that clusters co occuring terpenes/cannabinoids. drives home just how important ocimene is to potency. just because a terpene is listed as occuring with cbd doesnt mean "hemp" more like hashplant.

since ganja has 0 cbd, any terpene found outside of sativa will look like it increases cbd even tho it doesnt appear in "hemp"

guiaol, eudesmol, bisabolol , santalene they all fall into the associated with cbd category. this is specifically because they are rare markers for xinjiang basal hasplants down to balkh/samarkand/kundoz/tashkurgan which all have narrow leaf highland phenos. so it looks like nl5 haze hybrid has both populations in profile. she
may have inherited its guiaol, bisabolol content from the mazar and faranese/ocimene from se asia(haze)

1689907573185.png

1689907641311.png

CannaT

starin' at the world through my rearview
this really just blew my mind. paper on dryings effect on monoterpene/sesquiterpene and cannabinoids. we all know it sucks sometimes alot. everyones noticed a deline from canopy to jar in a stinky plant. myself ive always liked to keep humidity high whole plant upside down etc. this paper tried something different and achieved nearly 0 terpene loss!! apparently the secret is a gentle stream of nitrogen.... obviously these other 2 methods suck and wouldnt be used. but almost intact is tought to beat!!

View attachment 18868065

next is graphic that clusters co occuring terpenes/cannabinoids. drives home just how important ocimene is to potency. just because a terpene is listed as occuring with cbd doesnt mean "hemp" more like hashplant.

since ganja has 0 cbd, any terpene found outside of sativa will look like it increases cbd even tho it doesnt appear in "hemp"

guiaol, eudesmol, bisabolol , santalene they all fall into the associated with cbd category. this is specifically because they are rare markers for xinjiang basal hasplants down to balkh/samarkand/kundoz/tashkurgan which all have narrow leaf highland phenos. so it looks like nl5 haze hybrid has both populations in profile. she
may have inherited its guiaol, bisabolol content from the mazar and faranese/ocimene from se asia(haze)

View attachment 18868066
View attachment 18868070
Its good but I dont get it why you hold on this terps like this is something solid and unlikley to change.
For example Jack under leds,hps and sun have different terps. I just take from drying sun flowered Jack and it literraly smell like mango/orange.
Way different to hps or led grown.
IMG_20230722_125543942_HDR~2.jpg

Hps grown left,sun grown right.

Hps smell hashy,meat,skunky and dark tones of mediteranian herbs with bit of incense/orange.

Sun grown smell like mango/orange to the max with just a bit of dark mediteranian herbs at end.

So temps,humidity and source of light play biggest role on terps.
Jack the colder envirmoment is the more meat/hash and skunky smell.
The more hot envirmoment is the more fruit mango/orange smell it have.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts