What's new

The Haze discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
I grew the Afghan Haze 2 times from the same pack of seeds. First time in 2010, second in 2019/20. Herm festival both times. But zero herm issues on the NH Mangos and the Dreamtimes I grew at the same time.

I rememeber very well Shanti giving his customers the fault for the herms in Afghz back in 2011.

With all due respect DM, that's an easy to grow haze hybrid and shoulnd require any special care to stay stable. That's like the cookie breeders who say you must grow their seeds from clone in order to stay stable. I would even say the afghan haze is no straight Haze cross. But that's onyl me speculating. But it is not our fault if there is room for speculation.

I grew the Afghan Haze and saw zero hermies and i always let them go a week or more longer when they look ready.

I did a complete grow log at mrnice on them also so my experience was different.

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
I grew the Afghan Haze 2 times from the same pack of seeds. First time in 2010, second in 2019/20. Herm festival both times. But zero herm issues on the NH Mangos and the Dreamtimes I grew at the same time.

I rememeber very well Shanti giving his customers the fault for the herms in Afghz back in 2011.

With all due respect DM, that's an easy to grow haze hybrid and shoulnd require any special care to stay stable. That's like the cookie breeders who say you must grow their seeds from clone in order to stay stable. I would even say the afghan haze is no straight Haze cross. But that's onyl me speculating. But it is not our fault if there is room for speculation.
hey johnny ,
your right man , it should be an easy enough one and i did find the same as u , well i grew only one pack once ,
i kept one that had hermied to regrow , and it was fine on the second run for some reason ,
perhaps they were an f2 rather than an f1 ,

i have no explanation for the hermies to be honest and i was disappointed like you,
however ,, the herb itself was very potent after a bit of a cure ..

so i overlooked the issues id had a little ,

id grow it again with caution ,, lol ..

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
On the hermie or germination issues, I have never had a breeder just say, 'well, I guess I may have given you bad seeds or genetics, you seem to be a careful and knowledgeable grower'. I always go into detail about what I did with the seeds and plants. Then they just keep asking questions about what I did, expecting to find I made mistakes. When that does not happen, no acceptance of bad seeds from them being a possibility. I did get some replacement seeds from a couple of them.

These are breeders I respect and continue to buy from. Not complaining, but that has been my experience.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Isn't that what we are spaeking of?
That there are differences that shouldn't be there?

@DM definitively a great smoke, on both spectrums the Haze and the Afghan :)

There will always be differences Johnny because no ones grow is the same people grow different they have different set ups and different environments and even different weather at the same location year to year.

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yes I agree .

. it’s funny

when you get seeds from someone and they don’t grow out .
proper .

.the person thinks the grower did a bad job..?

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Basically speaking ..if you are a good grower ..and the seed you get, Produced plants that were less than expectations .

then is the seeds problem ...it’s not your problem

Hemphrey Bogart

Veteran
Had two varieties from SB that went herm on me...Black Widow (blue packs, which I paid for) and G13 x Afghan Haze testers (I got for free).

I got no complaints overall regarding MNS beans. NH, MH, SSH, g13 x widow were all very stable...although the g13 x widow did taste like cardboard.

SB is one of the nice guys and I have a lot of respect for what he’s done over the years.

HB.

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
So if I understand correctly, if I speak well of a seedbank I am a fanboy, if I criticize a seedbank I am a hater beginner who works for the competition ...
No, I work for myself, and I have other things to do than get lost in web games, I don't want to hurt anyone who loves mns, I don't want to look crazy if I say that sterling haze is among the best things about nirvana, and if the haze of this sb is a joke, let's let the plants talk, and let's listen ...
PS my last experience with mns was with 2017 seedpacks, maybe now the things are different...

TheDarkStorm

The problem is how many people grew the original stuff from 85-99 an then grew the stuff made from 2000 to present to be able to compare....? Why the f would people pay hundreds of dollars over the price of the normal seeds...like in the example of the 97 ssh....are they just stupid...an are the people who put them up stupid...what do normal breeders do with old seeds that have got crap germ rates....sell them for 4 times the going rate..I think not

T

TakenByTheSky

The problem is how many people grew the original stuff from 85-99 an then grew the stuff made from 2000 to present to be able to compare....? Why the f would people pay hundreds of dollars over the price of the normal seeds...like in the example of the 97 ssh....are they just stupid...an are the people who put them up stupid...

Well if theyre still the same and never changed nothing would make those seeds special except for they have a shitty germ rate.

MNS had SSH seeds for auction from 1998 and 2000, does that allude to SSH being changed more than once?

Why would he hang on to certain years of seeds if they've always been the same?

vanilla dutch

Big fish. Small fish. Closet breeder. Fields of seeds. Amatuer grower . Experienced breeder. That should explain alot. This is like saying you'd rather grow brick weed than grow an autoflower kush because your friend knows someone who knows someone who got a male he thought was sour diesel. Makes no sense for accomplished names to put out anything other than the best while the rest just complain they got trash.lol

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Well if theyre still the same and never changed nothing would make those seeds special except for they have a shitty germ rate.

MNS had SSH seeds for auction from 1998 and 2000, does that allude to SSH being changed more than once?

Why would he hang on to certain years of seeds if they've always been the same?

People still want seed that was made by Nevil him self

TheDarkStorm

People still want seed that was made by Nevil him

Hempy did you get any pictures of wat you got from nh

Crap im that rocked I nearly over boiled the milk...then nearly put coffee in instead of the hot chocolate id planned on....think im hazed

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Hempy did you get any pictures of wat you got from nh

Crap im that rocked I nearly over boiled the milk...then nearly put coffee in instead of the hot chocolate id planned on....think im hazed

Hi Dark i have a lot of pics and i know i have a disc with all the NH plants and Shithaze and more but i cant find the one with my oldest pics.I know its some were i have looked and cant find it but will re look.

What are you smoking sounds good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts