What's new
  • As of today ICMag has his own Discord server. In this Discord server you can chat, talk with eachother, listen to music, share stories and pictures...and much more. Join now and let's grow together! Join ICMag Discord here! More details in this thread here: here.
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Great Awakening

Is the Great Awakening happening?

• Yes

Votes: 16 39.0%
  • No

Votes: 21 51.2%
  • Not Sure

Votes: 4 9.8%

• Total voters

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
I think the jury's out on that for me. There've been lots of people here who tend to unintentionally lend credence to the prohibitionists' postulations that cannabis use delays personality and maturity development.

Many a time I've hoped that voters didn't read the Speakers Corner stuff before voting on legalization in their respective home communities.

I suppose I might give people too much credit by assuming that if people desired to educate themselves in preparation to vote, they would consider the character and values of the individuals supporting their particular candidates.

Just in case that's not what the average Joe does I make sure to interrupt propaganda feed with occasional logic.

I'm not sure if I make a whit of difference.

I'm learning a lot about the power memes have gained over critical thinking skills.

moose eater

I suppose I might give people too much credit by assuming that if people desired to educate themselves in preparation to vote, they would consider the character and values of the individuals supporting their particular candidates.

Just in case that's not what the average Joe does I make sure to interrupt propaganda feed with occasional logic.

I'm not sure if I make a whit of difference.

I'm learning a lot about the power memes have gained over critical thinking skills.
My observations tell me that the average voter chooses based on name recognition, team jersey colors, and dishonest campaign rhetoric that are typically aimed at twisting another's positions. Seriously. Disheartening as it may seem, there's lots of evidence that it's true.

And now the 2 primary political parties tend to match superficial obvious surface demographics in making the whole thing even more shallow; matching a blonde Barbie-looking candidate with the same from the other side. Matching Herschel Walker to a Black minister, and on it goes. Superficial and disingenuous as it is, slating of candidates based on the surface images, without a whit of soul or understanding of what's deeper in each candidate.

The 'Dixie Cup society' voting for superficial appearances that are barely 1/4-inch deep into what matters, but they're sure as all Hell that they know what's going on because someone told them, or showed them some sound-bytes and images, however distorted, and without most of them even doing any meaningful reseach from anything other than propaganda rags.

And we wonder how we get to a place of choosing between Trump and corporatist Biden.

Exactly why the Republican Party of Alaska is trying now to do away with our recent implementation of Ranked Choice Voting; it interferes with their rhetoric-based lock on fear-motivated outcomes in elections, and they don't like that. Not a bit.

Either that, or counting to 4 in re. to prioritizing candidates is too difficult for some of them.

Last edited:

moose eater

and Trump had no power do stop his followers?

can you show Facts that peloso & mcconnel were the only ones with the power to increase security @ the capital?

peace
Already been proven that Pelosi was not solely responsible for Capitol Security; another overly-repeated disproven Q talking point that defies facts, and keeps coming back like a headless zombie..

armedoldhippy

Veteran
I miss that system... green or red... I used to appreciate the negative rep as much as the positive.
in all the time i was here while the red/green was in effect, i got TWO red. one from someone that got perma-banned very soon thereafter, and the one from the mod. i was as proud of that red one as a Marine must be of a Silver Star... "judge a man not by his friends but by his enemies"

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Man, i would have loved to see what kind of threats Hempy served up. :yoinks:

empty, of course...utterly empty. just like his "arguments"... :biggrin:
in a word,lame...
in my time as a mod i've had one user wish death on me several hundred times,one death threat,name cursed in every way you can imagine except cleverly or intelligently,which is a shame since i would give a lot of leeway to someone on the right if they were capable of clever wordplay in a more bantering style,instead were saddled with folks whose best riposte are in the realm of "oh yeah" or "you're mom" unironically using the wrong form of your...
instead we have meme junkies and people too spineless to defend their post in their own words without resorting to cutting and pasting an article they clearly didn't read from highly questionable sources that take 2 seconds to debunk just to get a soundbite quote to "prove" their point...

blah blah;)

Three Berries

and Trump had no power do stop his followers?

can you show Facts that peloso & mcconnel were the only ones with the power to increase security @ the capital?

peace
What did you want him to do? he asked all to go home peaceably. That's when Twitter banned him.
Here's the story. The NY Times reported three days before that there was going to be trouble. They contacted the Washington DC police who did nothing. President Trump offered National Guard troops three days before. He was refused..

The leaders of the House and Senate are in charge of security . I bet google will even tell you that. Or maybe you can explain how Pelosi increased the Capital police force to cover the entire country and establish offices in other states?

Three Berries

please show me where I confused you with hempy.

i figured i ask again since you decided not to answer.

at least be man enough and admit you were wrong.

or just be quiet and it will be proof of how & why you believe the MAGA BS. if you abandon critical thinking and let others tell you what to believe then your a prisoner of what you know, even if what you believe is BS.

peace
Pretty please?????

Three Berries

Biden: "It's not like people are sitting around a table somewhere in Central America saying 'I got a great idea. Let's sell everything we have. Let's give it to a Coyote or smuggler. They'll take us on a harrowing journey. Then we're gonna illegally cross the border."

HDjemrNIUQRyknhX

Three Berries

Go MAGA. Defeating McCarthy is defeating RINOs and RINOs are Democrat enablers. So you are making it sound like a loss of some sort. When in fact it's a major fight and would be a huge win.

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
Go MAGA. Defeating McCarthy is defeating RINOs and RINOs are Democrat enablers. So you are making it sound like a loss of some sort. When in fact it's a major fight and would be a huge win.

This kind of illogical bullshit is exactly the kind of thing Trump would say.

Let's see... I'm guessing your idea of a great America consists of no Democrats or Republican party and just one nation under Trump?

We could go ahead and do away with Congress and that pesky Constitution the Fürher can't comprehend anyway...

What else would your ideal USA look like?

Latest posts

Latest posts