What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Great Awakening

Is the Great Awakening happening?

• Yes

Votes: 16 39.0%
  • No

Votes: 21 51.2%
  • Not Sure

Votes: 4 9.8%

• Total voters

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
When I played it was 40-60$ for 18 holes with an electric cart depending on course.. We did not have any interest in playing at a pro course. Prices jump drastically to $575+45 for a cart at Pebble Beach, CA, NO THANKS....

Hempy McNoodle

BmazuZLj.png

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
LOL, There is no chance a rep will win in Ca with so much disdain for the GOP.. Until they get their shit together none will win in Ca again.

Cannavore

Veteran
rose must be getting that glenn greenwald money as of late.

larry elder has literally said he would have voted against the 1964 voting rights act haha. no matter how shitty the democrats are, the republicans are even worse. right wing libertarians are actually braindead. take it from someone who used to be one a decade ago.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I've said it from day 1 the GOP/Republicans are far worse than any other party. I don't like any of them. It's not hard to see why we are where we are. That solely rests on the feet of the GOP.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
The claim: The U.K. government only just finished paying its debts to slave owners in 2015

Recent fatal police shootings in the United States have led to a global reckoning on the role of race and injustice in society. In the United Kingdom, this dispute has centered on the country's imperial history and legacy of slavery.

“In 1833, Britain used 40% of its national budget to buy freedom for all slaves in the Empire. Britain borrowed such a large sum of money for the Slavery Abolition Act that it wasn’t paid off until 2015,” a graphic posted by the political activist Raheem Kassam reads.

“This means that living British citizens helped pay for the end of the slave trade with their taxes,” the graphic continues. The post has been shared almost 20,000 times.

The story is echoed in an article by the website Your Black World.

When the United Kingdom abolished slavery, the government compensated slave owners for the value lost from freeing enslaved people. It is true the Bank of England only recently paid off these debts.

Fact check: U.K. paid off debts to slave-owning families in 2015 (usatoday.com)

* yep its true - reparations were paid to slave owners by the British - to free the slaves in the colonies -

slaveryreparations.png

Hempy McNoodle

Greetings All, :alien:

Well, I was dissapointed, honestly, that we did not hear the TRUTH about "what exactly is going on in Area 51," as Donald Trump Jr put it. Or, anything else interesting for that matter. I asked myself why people were baited or enticed to watch the fight in such a way. I do believe I know why. And, I believe that it is a somewhat sensitive matter to talk about. So, in the interest of not wanting to say too much, I'll just say that I think it had to do with necessary communications. And, leave it at that. In the meantime, so much else is unfolding...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1GOF4G_Qj8