What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Great Awakening

Is the Great Awakening happening?

• Yes

Votes: 16 39.0%
  • No

Votes: 21 51.2%
  • Not Sure

Votes: 4 9.8%

• Total voters

Hempy McNoodle

Hempy can u help me identify what that rock is on thd strids banks. I was thinking basalt?

Looks like basalt to me too, but I guess it's mostly Limestone (according to a few things I read).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/River_Wharfe#The_Strid

Geology[edit]

Upper Wharfedale is an area whose rocks date from the Lower Carboniferous period and lies north-west of Burnsall. Its main features are the Great Scar Limestone which forms a base to the overlying Yoredale Beds, a 300-metre deep strata of hard limestones, sandstones and shale. These have been slightly tilted, toward the east. To the south-east of the area is the Millstone Grit laid down in the Upper Carboniferous period, and covered by heather moorland, hard crags and tors.[SUP][11][/SUP][SUP][12][/SUP]

Weathering of the Yoredale Beds has produced a stepped profile to the valley sides, consisting of a shelf of limestone, sometimes grassy but often displaying such karst features as limestone pavement, gorges and sinkholes. During the last ice age, the local ice cap at the head of the Dales fed glaciers to produce the classic U-shaped profiles seen today.[SUP][13][/SUP]

Where the river valley changes course into Lower Wharfedale, the change of underlying rock can be seen in the darker stone in the field walls. The Millstone Grit outcrops at the Cow and Calf Rocks near Ilkley form a rolling dissected plateau. Due to the impermeable nature of the rock, blanket bogs and mires form, and drier areas have wet and dry heaths and acid grasslands.[SUP][14][/SUP]

Coarse sandstones in the area are known as Addingham Edge and Bramhope Grits. The Otley Shell Beds become exposed at Otley Chevin. At Great Dib Wood the Otley Shell Bed is sandwiched between two Namurian sandstones.

Glacial lakes once filled Lower Wharfedale in which were deposited sand and gravel. These deposits were extracted and now form the basis of the Otley Wetland Reserve, and Ben Rhydding and Knotford Nook gravel pits.[SUP][15][/SUP]

Sunshineinabag

Looks like basalt to me too, but I guess it's mostly Limestone (according to a few things I read).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/River_Wharfe#The_Strid

Geology[edit]

Upper Wharfedale is an area whose rocks date from the Lower Carboniferous period and lies north-west of Burnsall. Its main features are the Great Scar Limestone which forms a base to the overlying Yoredale Beds, a 300-metre deep strata of hard limestones, sandstones and shale. These have been slightly tilted, toward the east. To the south-east of the area is the Millstone Grit laid down in the Upper Carboniferous period, and covered by heather moorland, hard crags and tors.[SUP][11][/SUP][SUP][12][/SUP]

Weathering of the Yoredale Beds has produced a stepped profile to the valley sides, consisting of a shelf of limestone, sometimes grassy but often displaying such karst features as limestone pavement, gorges and sinkholes. During the last ice age, the local ice cap at the head of the Dales fed glaciers to produce the classic U-shaped profiles seen today.[SUP][13][/SUP]

Where the river valley changes course into Lower Wharfedale, the change of underlying rock can be seen in the darker stone in the field walls. The Millstone Grit outcrops at the Cow and Calf Rocks near Ilkley form a rolling dissected plateau. Due to the impermeable nature of the rock, blanket bogs and mires form, and drier areas have wet and dry heaths and acid grasslands.[SUP][14][/SUP]

Coarse sandstones in the area are known as Addingham Edge and Bramhope Grits. The Otley Shell Beds become exposed at Otley Chevin. At Great Dib Wood the Otley Shell Bed is sandwiched between two Namurian sandstones.

Glacial lakes once filled Lower Wharfedale in which were deposited sand and gravel. These deposits were extracted and now form the basis of the Otley Wetland Reserve, and Ben Rhydding and Knotford Nook gravel pits.[SUP][15][/SUP]

Things turn upside down lol

audiohi

Veteran
I only expect them to wear their masks for the public. Which pictures were circulated throughout the mainstream media? Masked or unmasked??

I do not mask outside or inside unless it's mandatory.

People should not be penalized for wearing or not wearing a mask unless they are a public official and it is part of a case in which they defraud The People of the United States.

Right of Bill Clinton is a Hillary Clinton body double (too short to be Hillary Clinton). Then we have the Obamas, The Bidens, Bloomberg, unidentified woman (Bloomberg's wife?), Nancy Pelosi, and Chuck 'six ways from Sunday' Schumer.

Hey Hempy...

I was talking about the picture of the unmasked people that you posted. Who is in that picture?

I can clearly see who is masked in the original. Who is unmasked in your blurry photo?

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey Hempy...

I was talking about the picture of the unmasked people that you posted. Who is in that picture?

I can clearly see who is masked in the original. Who is unmasked in your blurry photo?

It's okay. He can't tell right from left.

audiohi

Veteran

q5k32qg9cen71.jpg

Congrats, Hempy.

Gavin Newsom is your governor.

Have fun voting today, and don't forget your mask. Both inside and outside.

Hempy McNoodle

Nat Geo's flowery Fauci documentary is getting absolutely torched online: 'Pure garbage,' 'Worst doc ever,' 'This man belongs in prison'
https://www.theblaze.com/news/fauci-documentary-getting-torched-online

"The documentary, simply titled "Fauci," aimed to show off the shrewdness and brilliance of the longtime National Institute of Allergies and Infectious Diseases director known for managing America's national response to the AIDS epidemic and the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. But based on early reaction, that objective was a complete miss. Since debuting in select theaters on Sept. 10, the film has garnered nothing short of an embarrassingly negative response. As of Monday afternoon, a trailer for the documentary posted on YouTube showed 59,000 dislikes in comparison to just over 4,000 likes."

Hempy McNoodle

WOW: Facebook Post from TV Station Accidentally Reveals More People are Dying from the Vaccine than the Media is Reporting
https://thedcpatriot.com/facebook-p...-by-the-vaccine-than-the-media-is-letting-on/

"A local ABC news station accidentally opened up Pandora’s Box with a recent and now viral Facebook post. Currently boasting 64k+ shares, the post asked for stories about people that lost a loved one because they *weren’t* vaccinated….what ended up happening was a massive deluge of comments from people that had lost loved ones right after the vaccine instead. The number of actual deaths and side effects from the vaccine is something many suspect the media, Big Pharma, this illegitimate administration, and the CDC are personally covering up. Apparently the CDC doesn’t consider anyone that dies within 2 weeks of the vaccine as an actual “vaccination death” and of this post is as telling as it seems to be…..a LOT more people are dying from this vaccine than anything else. The vaccine clearly doesn’t stop people from getting covid, and it’s got a lot of people wondering why they’re pushing it so hard at all. I screenshot as many comments as I could as Facebook is already targeting the post and asking people if they “really” want to share it:..."

Latest posts

Latest posts