What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Great Awakening

Is the Great Awakening happening?

• Yes

Votes: 16 39.0%
  • No

Votes: 21 51.2%
  • Not Sure

Votes: 4 9.8%

• Total voters

Hempy McNoodle

NINTCHDBPICT000532899981.jpg

audiohi

Veteran
OMG! These people are so disingenuous. Are they all like this? Watch the video (I only watched the first few minutes, it's all you need). I think I can guess who she voted for. Can you?

School Board Member Who Voted To Mask Children CAUGHT Unmasked At Concert With 10,000 People The Next Day

https://nationalfile.com/school-boa...ed-at-concert-with-10000-people-the-next-day/

https://youtu.be/r3RZrJWmiC4

That looks to be outdoors.

Do you expect people to mask outdoors? I didn't know you felt that way.

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm not talking about construction workers, though. I'm talking about timber industry lobbyists and corrupt politicians and legislatures. And, you can't have a cargo container for a home legally, throughout most of the country, unless it is a secondary home in an area where zoning laws allow accessory dwellings (unless it meets the definition of a shed which you aren't 'allowed' to live in).[/QUOTE

That's changing

https://www.sulexinternational.com/states-container-home-laws/
https://validhouse.com/which-states-allow-shipping-container-homes/

moose eater

That looks to be outdoors.

Do you expect people to mask outdoors? I didn't know you felt that way.

Yep, I can tell by the sound booth that it's at Red Rocks, in Colorado.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
And no, Hempy, they're not ALL like that. The folks who I've read about or encountered who do one thing, and often say another, tend to be persons in higher profile public positions, who posture for the cameras and PR, but live a different way SOME of the time.

As an example, some of the public school teachers I've known, who I knew for a fact (wink, wink) used to smoke dope or do other 'recreational substances,' but pulled down a good pay-check for 'services' which included kow-towing to the System's demanding that they spew Government propaganda in health classes re. substance use, to include cannabis.

Then there's cops who make better criminals than the criminals do, based on the frequency with which they 'skirt the laws'. Though they're rarely prosecuted for it, even when it involved heinous actions, let alone more benign stuff.

So, in a nutshell, there are some positions in society that are clearly more prone to hypocrisy than others.

At our house we don't simply 'talk' masking and vaccines, we do them. And we haven't even allowed our 2 older children into our house (back when we had a relationship with them) since March, 2020. If you don't live here, you're not coming in.

I have a guy coming this evening to give a bid on replacing a triple-pane casement window on our second floor, off a (fortunately for him) 12' x 24' deck off the master bedroom. I've made it clear to he and his employer that there'll be a 32' extension ladder going up to the deck, which he can use to access the second floor and deck to measure the window from the outside, and that any discourse here will be done outdoors, with masks and 6' distance.... and rain gear, as we've had a several weeks monsoon of sorts here, including today.

And I'll be heading into my third Moderna jab in the very near future, hoping that the temporary (?) side effects aren't as significant as they were with the 2nd jab, as they sucked quite badly.

Last edited:

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm not talking about construction workers, though. I'm talking about timber industry lobbyists and corrupt politicians and legislatures. And, you can't have a cargo container for a home legally, throughout most of the country, unless it is a secondary home in an area where zoning laws allow accessory dwellings (unless it meets the definition of a shed which you aren't 'allowed' to live in).

That should make sense why I keep saying they're all dumbasses then. Politicians are the biggest dumbasses of them all. Rules made by mental midgits keeping people from doing smart/ right things say's a lot. Its all greed, rules made for the rich to make them richer.

Hempy McNoodle

I'm not talking about construction workers, though. I'm talking about timber industry lobbyists and corrupt politicians and legislatures. And, you can't have a cargo container for a home legally, throughout most of the country, unless it is a secondary home in an area where zoning laws allow accessory dwellings (unless it meets the definition of a shed which you aren't 'allowed' to live in).[/QUOTE

That's changing

https://www.sulexinternational.com/states-container-home-laws/
https://validhouse.com/which-states-allow-shipping-container-homes/

Thanks for the articles. The first one, I think is just one I think understates the issue and overstates the accessibility. The second one was very similar, but I did like the state by state breakdown. Maybe there are some oportunities in the eastern US..it still seems to be true that these homes are not permissible as a persons primary dwelling throughout the US. But, maybe things will change. I never heard that Louisiana was so good about these things. Interestingly, the article said that Louisiana has some of the most "liberal" laws in the country as far as building. This is a great example of political definitions being interchanged to the point of them becoming meaningless because property rights are widely considered a "conservative" or "right-wing" concern. Just thought I'd through that out there (beating a dead horse). :beat-dead

For the record, I'm not into the shipping container homes (for myself) they are highly inefficient. Just a small cottage would be great.

Hempy McNoodle

What hypocrisy?

Should she be masking outside? Is that what you think?

She shouldn't even be there. And, if she is there, and she believes in precautions, then she should be wearing a mask if she is within less than six feet away from other maskless people.

"Come on, man!"
- Joe Biden

audiohi

Veteran
She shouldn't even be there. And, if she is there, and she believes in precautions, then she should be wearing a mask if she is within less than six feet away from other maskless people.

"Come on, man!"
- Joe Biden

So, people who advocate for masks should not be outside in public?

It sure sounds like you want no masks for your side, but full masks or banishment from public for the other side.

Should people mask outside or not, Hempy? You can't have it both ways and call others hypocrites.

Hempy McNoodle

So, people who advocate for masks should not be outside in public?

It sure sounds like you want no masks for your side, but full masks or banishment from public for the other side.

No, I want her to have fun outside and breath fresh air. And, I want her to shut the fuck up about masks for students. It's simple. She was making the argument that this is not the time to worry about your individual freedoms, but instead, to protect those in the community around you.

audiohi

Veteran
No, I want her to have fun outside and breath fresh air. And, I want her to shut the fuck up about masks for students. It's simple. She was making the argument that this is not the time to worry about your individual freedoms, but instead, to protect those in the community around you.

But, do you believe masks are required outside?

If not, what was she doing wrong that you posted it here?

Advocating for masks indoors, in schools?

Hempy McNoodle

But, do you believe masks are required outside?

If not, what was she doing wrong that you posted it here?

Advocating for masks indoors, in schools?

She ignored the CDC's guidance while basing her argument on CDC's guidance. Nevermind! This is all fine, lol (shaking my head) ..This is why the left is FAILING.

Chi13

ICMag Donor

Nice plant Hempy. Respect for growing a sativa indoors like that.
A strat and Queen album too.
It's not too late to come back from the dark side...