What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Great Awakening

Is the Great Awakening happening?

• Yes

Votes: 16 39.0%
  • No

Votes: 21 51.2%
  • Not Sure

Votes: 4 9.8%

• Total voters

JKD

Veteran
I would add that a potential point of criticism would be that the terms "right-wing" and "left-wing" are highly subjective.

No arguments from me there.

Off topic, but are you familiar with the philosopher Jean Baudrillard? I wondered if you might find some of his later work (from the 1990’s until his death) interesting.

Thanks for the reply.

Last edited:

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
it's funny,i don't remember which thread you posted it in,but it was from the orange idiot about afghanistan...basically i agree with what he said,pull the afghans who helped out along with the americans,pull the troops and equipment back,then leave....it seems like common sense...

but then no matter who's in charge,common sense isn't part of government...

and no way you could be a righty on account of that left turn at albuquerque you took,even though bugs bunny warned you!:biglaugh:

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
That was a good read. Thanks for sharing. I would add that a potential point of criticism would be that the terms "right-wing" and "left-wing" are highly subjective. I don't consider myself either, but I feel that people would use bias to put me in the "right-wing" category, even though I actually come from the "left." What is unaccounted for is the modern revolution in left/right American politics. Whereas, right wingers are now the party of tolerance, peace, and prosperity and the left is now the party of racism, censorship, oppression, war, and authoritarianism. This is something which I doubt the authors account for. The other thing is that they seemed biased towards pop science. The author(s) seemed to make clear that they think "climate denial" is a concern yet seem to have some degree of cognitive dissonance regarding the "conservative" or "right-wing" scientists who are not concerned about the climate or are "climate deniers." But, it is true, curiosity is very important when it comes to learning and that includes science. Knowledge can't progress without curiosity and imagination.

I confess to reading only your response and not the article. I understand what you say about right and left; I find myself a mix but I think that what you say "Whereas, right wingers are now the party of tolerance, peace, and prosperity and the left is now the party of racism, censorship, oppression, war, and authoritarianism" is only a facet of propaganda very cleverly applied.

As far as the lefty ingredients in my make up, I believe medical care is a right which should be free to all. I see the right as violently opposed to this as they are to fairness to the disabled and disadvantaged. The right believes in a growing economy which is poisoning the earth. I believe in a resource based sustainable economy. I have advocated this for 40 years.

From my perspective your human caused climate 'stubborness' is stuck on CO2. You are excluding the phenomenon of co-mingling of gases, both covalently and non-covalently and the new properties formed. You have postulated deforestation and air travel as contributing factors yet seem to take a political - right wing stance. It is obvious the earth is all fucked up by people, yet you support a vile representative of the cause - a man who would not even care to connect with the lessons of nature; everything is about money-power - bullying.

Hempy McNoodle

E9RI-1SXoAI5_r3.jpg
E9RI-1OXsAUn_a0.jpg
E9RI-1RWQAQtB5G.jpg

Hempy McNoodle

Interesting timing (preparing for the audit results) and interesting strategy (If Twitter relegates its censorship activities to its "users" will Twitter be guilty of said censorship (aiding and abetting high crimes, insurrection, treason)?

https://twitter.com/twittersafety/status/1427706890113495046

"We’re testing a feature for you to report Tweets that seem misleading - as you see them. Starting today, some people in the US, South Korea, and Australia will find the option to flag a Tweet as “It’s misleading” after clicking on Report Tweet."

"We're assessing if this is an effective approach so we’re starting small. We may not take action on and cannot respond to each report in the experiment, but your input will help us identify trends so that we can improve the speed and scale of our broader misinformation work."

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
MTG? really? she doesn't even bother to show up for work lately...

and the arizona fraud-it, (see what i did there?:biggrin:) is being panned by the very people who started that whole clown show to begin with...let me know when it gets past any court

JKD

Veteran
“In Afghanistan, Biden’s woke generals tucked their tail and ran.”

The document seems written for publicity rather than effect.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Biden has been in office for what 8 months, you expect him to move out 20 years of military hardware in that time lol.. Trump is the nut who negotiated with those scumbag terrorist, He left all that for them as a bonus. Your memes are not fooling anyone. We know it was their GOV and military that ran off. All those cowards decided to let that shit happen. It's their country to do as the people choose not ours. They chose Taliban rule.

Bidens bares fault for not evacuating Americans and our Afghan allies before our military left.

justanotherbozo

Veteran
Just get it over with and say that you think we should stay in Afghanistan forever.

...who said anything about staying?

...and why do you keep avoiding Obiden's serial incompetence? ...its no accident that he's been known as "the gaffe machine" for close to forty years, lol.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
isn't there an afghanistan thread?

this is hempy's cornucopia of crazy thread:biggrin:

because staying on topic is the hallmark of the speakers corner:biglaugh:

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
no,i think no one is the least bit shocked about what's happening....0 out of 10 for the execution,but at least joe had the balls to pull the plug,even if he did it in the stupidest way possible it's done with....except of course for the inevitable terrorist shit that will no doubt happen again...but then at least america can do what it does best,drone strike the crap outta some civvies and some number of the actual targets...may as well make it a video game and get some use out of the millennials:biggrin:

audiohi

Veteran
...who said anything about staying?

...and why do you keep avoiding Obiden's serial incompetence? ...its no accident that he's been known as "the gaffe machine" for close to forty years, lol.

Biden really fucked up with these people who helped us.

This includes our own troops. Some people I know who fought there are not handling this well, mentally. He didn't even address them directly.

Huge failures in my book, despite my belief that we need to leave.

He needs to get his shit together on this, and fast to hopefully save good people who are suffering.

Uh, whatever you say there, cleetus.

Accurate post by you, as always.