What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Great Awakening

Is the Great Awakening happening?

• Yes

Votes: 16 39.0%
  • No

Votes: 21 51.2%
  • Not Sure

Votes: 4 9.8%

• Total voters

Hempy McNoodle

(NASA) Scientist Who Predicted NYC Would Be Underwater Says He’s ‘Not An Alarmist’
https://dailycaller.com/2016/04/12/...would-be-underwater-says-hes-not-an-alarmist/

"In 1988, a Washington Post reporter asked Hansen what a warming Earth would look like in 20 or 40 years in the future. Hansen reportedly looked out a window and said New York City’s “West Side Highway [which runs along the Hudson River] will be under water.”"

"Hansen may have been talking about a sea-level rise 40 years from 1998, but that wouldn’t make any difference as the level of rise Hansen was predicting still hasn’t happened."

M

member 505892

Trump is scheduled to be reinstated this month isn't he? How is that supposed to work?

Hempy McNoodle

Trump is scheduled to be reinstated this month isn't he? How is that supposed to work?

I doubt Trump will be reinstated this month. But, August tends to be a hot month and I'm expecting things to heat up for sure!

popcorn-sorry-meme.jpg

M

member 505892

I doubt Trump will be reinstated this month. But, August tends to be a hot month and I'm expecting things to heat up for sure!

And who is going to 'reinstate' him? Who has the authority to do that? Qanon neckbeards?

Does that make Trump the dictator for life then, who just passes his position off to his offspring when he dies?

Hempy McNoodle

And who is going to 'reinstate' him? Who has the authority to do that? Qanon neckbeards?

Does that make Trump the dictator for life then, who just passes his position off to his offspring when he dies?

Many think Trump will not be re-seated (for optics). They feel that people will view it as a coup and so, for the good of the country, he should not be re-seated. I'm not one of those people. I think he will be great in his second term and I think he will be re-seated after a brief period of military control and a new election run by the military can take place.

M

member 505892

Many think Trump will not be re-seated (for optics). They feel that people will view it as a coup and so, for the good of the country, he should not be re-seated. I'm not one of those people. I think he will be great in his second term and I think he will be re-seated after a brief period of military control and a new election run by the military can take place.

Oh Hempy....

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
So, back to "How CO2 is not a 'greenhouse gas'"...

It occurred to me over the weekend that the easiest way to explain CO2's action in our atmosphere in regards to temperature, is to describe CO2 molecules as elevators in our atmosphere. Specifically heat elevators. It actually has the function of delivering heat from the earth straight up to the "top of the sky" or upper atmosphere and the elevator doors open and the heat gets out into space (the final frontier) where it assimilates with the background temp of space which is "absolute zero" the coldest known temperature. The CO2 (the elevator) then drops as it cools down to pick up more heat from the ground level. CO2 literally transfers heat from the earth. So, it functions in the exact opposite way of what mainstream pseudo-scientists are telling everyone.

This all occurred to me when I was observing my girlfriends swimming pool over the weekend. She recently started putting these floating pads on the water's surface which is meant to reduce evaporation (she's trying to conserve water). These pads have the added benefit of helping keep the water warm through a "GREENHOUSE EFFECT" (a true greenhouse effect). When I jumped in, I noticed that the pool was much warmer than it would be without the pads. But, I also noticed (as should be expected) that the water at the lowest depths was much cooler and the warmer water was in the upper depths. If you were to increase CO2 in the pool, it would act very much like it would in the atmosphere. It would quickly rise straight up and out into the air. If you were to blast hot air into the pool it would rise faster than cold air (oxygen, CO2, and all). The pads in the pool act very much like high cloud cover does in our atmosphere which results in a true greenhouse effect.

Q: What does heat do?
A: It rises.
Q: Where does the heat rise to?
A: Off planet.

Bonus Q: What is heat made of?

i'll answer the bonus question first...heat isn't made of anything,it's a property of whatever state a particular bit of matter is in,so "heat" isn't really a thing in and of it's self,it's simply a description of a particular energy state.

so yes,warm/hot air generally will rise under most conditions,but it also cools as it rises by around 3 degrees F for every 1000ft of elevation gain. so 100 degree air at sea level is already down to 40 degrees at 20,000 feet. aha! hempy says,where does that heat go then? as explained earlier,heat isn't really a thing,the atoms and molecules are simply moving less quickly.so yes,there is still energy loss from the system so where does that go? simple answer,all directions equally so yes some does go towards space,but we're still only talking the first 20000 feet,there's still around 290,000 more feet to the edge of space and we're talking about tiny amounts of energy with limited distance to act in.

and co2 is only a fraction of the atmosphere,it doesn't get heated out by itself,so your analogy is wrong..and it doesn't just rise up,as it cools the colder air drops back towards the surface. it's called convection,that's why we have weather...warm air can hold more water vapor which cools and condenses into droplets which becomes rain to fall back to earth...

and yes,if you're blocking the water in the pool from evaporating you're taking the evaporative cooling out of the system thus the water gets warmer...evaporative cooling is how i keep my house cool in the summer,there's a big ass blower fan on the roof sucking air through a wet,porous "pad". the hot air evaporates some of the water which takes energy away from the air thus cooling it...simple right?

Hempy McNoodle

i'll answer the bonus question first...heat isn't made of anything,it's a property of whatever state a particular bit of matter is in,so "heat" isn't really a thing in and of it's self,it's simply a description of a particular energy state.

Ding, Ding, that is correct!

so yes,warm/hot air generally will rise under most conditions,but it also cools as it rises by around 3 degrees F for every 1000ft of elevation gain. so 100 degree air at sea level is already down to 40 degrees at 20,000 feet. aha! hempy says,where does that heat go then? as explained earlier,heat isn't really a thing,the atoms and molecules are simply moving less quickly.so yes,there is still energy loss from the system so where does that go? simple answer,all directions equally so yes some does go towards space,but we're still only talking the first 20000 feet,there's still around 290,000 more feet to the edge of space and we're talking about tiny amounts of energy with limited distance to act in.

The particles slow and cool and drop. What happens to the heat energy (heat rises) and transfers through lighter gases. Heat rises.

and co2 is only a fraction of the atmosphere,it doesn't get heated out by itself,so your analogy is wrong..and it doesn't just rise up,as it cools the colder air drops back towards the surface. it's called convection,that's why we have weather...warm air can hold more water vapor which cools and condenses into droplets which becomes rain to fall back to earth...

Other gases behave this way too. And, yes the particles and atmospheric air cools and drops back down to the surface and water vapor condenses and also rains directly down to the surface The heat is vacuumed into space. If this didn't happen, the sun would burn up the earth very quickly. It physically can't be any other way, because this is how gases behave.

Simple, right?

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hempy,you're wasting your talents here,it's 2021 man,you gotta monitized that shizz! you need your own youtube channel and merchandise....i would totally buy a hempy sez tshirt:biggrin:

Hempy McNoodle

Ding, Ding, that is correct!

The particles slow and cool and drop. What happens to the heat energy (heat rises) and transfers through lighter gases. Heat rises.

Other gases behave this way too. And, yes the particles and atmospheric air cools and drops back down to the surface and water vapor condenses and also rains directly down to the surface The heat is vacuumed into space. If this didn't happen, the sun would burn up the earth very quickly. It physically can't be any other way, because this is how gases behave.

Simple, right?

The reason it works this way is because of the effects of gravity on the physical components of the atmosphere. Each elemental gas has a specific gravity. The "heat" is not effected in the same way and transfers out of the atmoshere and into space.