What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Diary The eagle has landed, let the roosting begin. Finally legal, like an eagle ready to soar.

blazeoneup

The Helpful One
Chat Moderator
Veteran
Love it man!

Clean AF…..great to see you posting again…your passion and skills are as strong as ever…

Did you use Philthys mix?
The mix I use might be similar to Philthy's mix., I've kinda been doing these mixes so long now, I've adjusted it several times over the years to find what works. My ratio's and ammendments are pretty good for what my intentions are. That's kinda how I've worked it over time just watching each crop. Thanks for the kind words, I think we all share a passion for the plant or the process, which is what makes it so much more enjoyable. I still get excited reading threads and seeing what others are doing.

30 days (3).jpg

Side by side for the first 30 days. Planted on june 9th.

grow (1).jpg
30 days (2).jpg

The

negative37dBA

Veteran
The mix I use might be similar to Philthy's mix., I've kinda been doing these mixes so long now, I've adjusted it several times over the years to find what works. My ratio's and ammendments are pretty good for what my intentions are. That's kinda how I've worked it over time just watching each crop. Thanks for the kind words, I think we all share a passion for the plant or the process, which is what makes it so much more enjoyable. I still get excited reading threads and seeing what others are doing.

View attachment 19029282

Side by side for the first 30 days. Planted on june 9th.

View attachment 19029289 View attachment 19029281
The
Looks a little prison like but I like the clean settup and I am sure you prolly have to do it that way to be legal so all good...just gave me the vibe.
Have a wonderful grow.
Peace negative.

blazeoneup

The Helpful One
Chat Moderator
Veteran
Looks a little prison like but I like the clean settup and I am sure you prolly have to do it that way to be legal so all good...just gave me the vibe.
Have a wonderful grow.
Peace negative.
I agree, when I put the top on it and make it more like a greenhouse it might be a little less prison or kennel like, part of the requirements in my area is that nobody under 21 can have access to the space. I dont think I want to give them any reason to chop my plants or hassle me.
Its a Dream Garden, just wonderful
It's always been a dream for me to be able to grow a garden without having to face prosecution for it. So I agree.

blazeoneup

The Helpful One
Chat Moderator
Veteran
Today I checked on the plants and it appears my cheapo irrigation pump failed not sure if it was just not charging cause it's cloudy or what but these plants were bone dry. So dry when I watered them it just flowed right through the pots. I asked myself how they looked so hydrated when they were clearly dehydrated. I didn't notice a single droopy leaf but I assure you those pots were as dry as the desert.

I took this little photo here of them belly dancing before I noticed they were thirsty. Very thirsty! They are learning how to dance thanks to the wind howling like the wolves.

ezgif-7-65aa346732.gif

Last edited:

BigGPop

Today I checked on the plants and it appears my cheapo irrigation pump failed not sure if it was just not charging cause it's cloudy or what but these plants were bone dry. So dry when I watered them it just flowed right through the pots. I asked myself how they looked so hydrated when they were clearly dehydrated. I didn't notice a single droopy leaf but I assure you those pots were as dry as the desert.

I took this little photo here of them belly dancing before I noticed they were thirsty. Very thirsty! They are learning how to dance thanks to the wind howling like the wolves.

View attachment 19030661
Awesome set up! Just Beautiful!

flower~power

~Star~Crash~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I’ve always been amazed, actually how the plant can hold up without irrigation all the way to the point of wilt.. they can sustain themselves it seems … if a container was absolutely bone dry, I would sit it in water and let it suck up ⬆️

flower~power

~Star~Crash~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
They look good Hey, what’s the situation with that street lamp in the back? does it light up the grow at night?

blazeoneup

The Helpful One
Chat Moderator
Veteran
They look good Hey, what’s the situation with that street lamp in the back? does it light up the grow at night?
It lights up but not the garden no, it's pretty dark in the garden at night. I've got friends who have grown 100's of plants with an overhead street light that had no impact at all on their plants. I have a led light installed at the moment that does light up the garden though, I like night gardening but I guess that ends soon.

I'll have to snap a video in the middle of the night so you can see how dark it is out there.

blazeoneup

The Helpful One
Chat Moderator
Veteran
They just got a top dressing, my pump failure resulted in the plants getting a little dehydrated and possibly over saturated due to syphoning issues with the pump before it failed. So they've had their share of issues so far. I've got plenty of experience indoors, but outdoors we are at the mercy of mother nature and that's an entirely different animal. A couple seasons and I'll get my space tuned for it.
The update photos.

6/9/24
grow (1).jpg

7/16/24
dc5d618c-7c66-4bd7-9ab4-27efcaaeb35c.jpg

0628aefa-1bf0-4a49-8f52-dbafbc177b9d.jpg

494de431-fa33-458b-b6d3-ecee11126198.jpg

Other than some issues with irrigation and hunger pain but its still progressing.

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
looking great, but somehow reminds me of a prison.. are you trying to keep the plants inside, or someone/something out? :muahaha:

blazeoneup

The Helpful One
Chat Moderator
Veteran
looking great, but somehow reminds me of a prison.. are you trying to keep the plants inside, or someone/something out? :muahaha:
According to the long arm of the law nobody under 21 can have access to the plants. So I'm trying to keep all the children out of the plant prison I built to keep them safe.

blazeoneup

The Helpful One
Chat Moderator
Veteran
I'm going to be putting the aframe ontop, I've made up my mind, I'm just going to weld t post across the top of the rail on the fence every 2' to make it an aframe, I'll be using plastic this season, but I may install glass or polycarbonate panels next year. This year I'll do the aframe and probably use the following hangers hung off the aframe to support the plants. I really would have liked to have dug the holes for the plants and cut the bottoms out but I think I wasn't prepared to support those type of monsters this season.

I'll probably just hang these from the aframe to help support the plants. I do have a privacy fence which does help a lot with the wind, so tipping pots isn't a huge concern for me because of that protection they're likely never going to feel the full force of the wind. I'm quite certain I'm going to need these plants enclosed because some of them are certainly going to need until mid to late october before they're matured enough to harvest. I will need some frost protection to survive a couple cold ones I'm sure.

2024-07-16 20_05_41-Amazon.com_ Skroad Folding Sock Dryer with 52 Peg, Stainless Steel Swivel ...jpg

blazeoneup

The Helpful One
Chat Moderator
Veteran
This is going to be the last update until some major work is done and support system installed. The plants are still growing strong.
2024-07-18 18_25_19-Facebook.jpg

2024-07-18 18_23_53-Facebook.jpg
The back row is starting to level off, the middle plants been ahead of its siblings but they're starting to catch up.