What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Diary The eagle has landed, let the roosting begin. Finally legal, like an eagle ready to soar.

blazeoneup

The Helpful One
Chat Moderator
Veteran
I know I didn't plant to update the thread again until I got some actual work done, but I did take a few photo's this morning. I am starting the construction today, I also have purple urkle showing up in the mail by 6:00pm. I've been anxiously seeking it out for a while. Very excited to get that clone blown up and a full round of it into flower.
c7a15269-c14b-47f0-96ce-751dd16bf39e.jpg
f854f1fb-2bf2-4c8a-a22e-d5da0f792e88.jpg
2f23ec43-a06d-4bb9-a577-4c5aa9df9e59.jpg
de8cbdcb-d09c-4f21-8211-482c5f74c8d7.jpg
da2f04c0-ea82-4a03-bcc6-17136499849f.jpg

20 8' t post to put the aframe together.
04949a06-ae87-4c06-8321-f87c9e780a2c.jpg

Buddler

Veteran
Beautiful plants ! I learned alot about organics thanks to your great forum . The three birds mix used it many times. Purple urkle is so nice hard to find the real deal.Thanks for showing .Ill be following along.:tiphat:

blazeoneup

The Helpful One
Chat Moderator
Veteran
Beautiful plants ! I learned alot about organics thanks to your great forum . The three birds mix used it many times. Purple urkle is so nice hard to find the real deal.Thanks for showing .Ill be following along.:tiphat:
It's a great forum, not my forum, but it's my forum home. I agree with you though a great forum it is. Thanks for joining me for the journey.

blazeoneup

The Helpful One
Chat Moderator
Veteran
They look outstanding I hope you have a proper stake pounder :oops: :whip:
These are getting welded on the top post of the fence to become the aframe supports for a greenhouse, atleast that's the plan, I'm a simple stoner so it remains to be seen how well my plan will work, but I'll pursue it none the less and hope for the best :rasta: thanks for the kind words.

blazeoneup

The Helpful One
Chat Moderator
Veteran
Wow… do you have the tools?
I welded the current setup, That's just t post as the top rail of my fence, I welded across to tie it all in as one unit. Now if all goes well the aframe will get me prepped. I got a grinder, to clean up the paint and prep and a little welder that does good enough I suppose. I can use my gate bar as a pull up bar so that's atleast good for a couple hundred pounds.

growsjoe1

Premium user
Veteran
420club
In late. Read from the beginning.

A lot of work has been put into what is a fine-looking grow. Looking forward to seeing that A-frame

I know it was a hard decision not to bury the containers. They have flourished so far, and temps aren't a problem. I know you are on it

Did you ever find a solution for the failed pump?

The plants look in great shape, ready for the push. I'm curious, what did you top dress with?

urkle...what a prize!!!!

blazeoneup

The Helpful One
Chat Moderator
Veteran
Nice setup blazeoneup.
I considered growing the legal maximum of 12 but wasnt ready for all that work.
Keep up the great work. I'll be watching

Yeah... I think I was a little to zealous myself, I understand why you would say that no doubt. Thanks for tuning in.
Love the look of this grow, very tidy, inspiring. Can’t wait to see how it all turns out.

Appreciate the kind words, I'm excited to see how these plants finish, sadly I have no experience with any of them outdoors and although I have my opinion on which I think will perform the best, only time will tell. I have some worried about the cyborg, tangerine cookies, and the strawberry torte because of their density. I dont mind testing the waters though, some out to see if they do well or not.
In late. Read from the beginning.

A lot of work has been put into what is a fine-looking grow. Looking forward to seeing that A-frame

I know it was a hard decision not to bury the containers. They have flourished so far, and temps aren't a problem. I know you are on it

Did you ever find a solution for the failed pump?

The plants look in great shape, ready for the push. I'm curious, what did you top dress with?

urkle...what a prize!!!!

Thanks growsjoe1, the Aframe is my nightmare atm plants are huge can't make the room I would like and need to be able to put up a ladder and weld, nightmare situation lol.

Yes, that's one of my biggest concerns for this next month, I'm hoping for the best, only time will tell. It's now during the transition to bloom I am concerned the roots fill the pots. So it's now that my concern about the pots have the potential to bloom to fruition. I'll be watching and hoping my concerns don't become my reality.

I did get the pump settled, however I got to find some new emitters, these are the adjustable type and to easy to bump them top dressing or walking through and just letting it hit the ground, attaching again causes it to need to be readjusted. Its hard to get even distribution with these cheap little emitters.

I do a amended soil mix, and it so happens that my mix is good for 3 containers. So for the last top dressing I simply divided the initial inputs by 1/3 and again by 1/2 and that was the topdressing. The last top dressing provided 1/2 of the initial inputs per container. Thanks for dropping by glad to see ya still online and still actively contributing.

Last edited:

blazeoneup

The Helpful One
Chat Moderator
Veteran
The purple urkles are doing good, They went through some initial shock from my dunks and treatments, not that they weren't clean but I treat every new arrival as if it's contaminated. This insures I'm not caught slipping and end up with some pest or disease.

9f1a3094-6795-4bba-ae05-6c58aa8e37ad.jpg

I've really dropped the ball on finishing up my aframe, I may be doing that in the fall after this cycles over because I dont have the space to be moving them around and the amount of setup time to insure I don't burn the hell out of them with the welder and the amount of welds need caused me to postpone that move. I'm debating using an 8' tee post with some cattle panels to help me get through this cycle. That or I am going to do some serious defoliation and use some of these tpost for supports temp. I started these june 9th and I honestly didn't expect them to grow so vigorously, I've not done a lot of outdoors so I underestimated how vigorous they would grow. The plants are going to force my hand one way.
Ic.jpg
52b951e6-da3c-40c4-b6c7-35b768e1d619.jpg

rasputin

The Mad Monk
Veteran
I started these june 9th and I honestly didn't expect them to grow so vigorously, I've not done a lot of outdoors so I underestimated how vigorous they would grow. The plants are going to force my hand one way.

Isn’t it funny how after all these years this plant can still surprise us? Don’t hate me for laughing at your problem, blaze. It is a problem, for sure. But it’s one of those good problems. I’m sure you’ll figure something out. Good to see you back in the groove.

blazeoneup

The Helpful One
Chat Moderator
Veteran
Isn’t it funny how after all these years this plant can still surprise us? Don’t hate me for laughing at your problem, blaze. It is a problem, for sure. But it’s one of those good problems. I’m sure you’ll figure something out. Good to see you back in the groove.
Yeah, as I said, I have minimal experience outdoors. I was judging by a single plant I grew outdoors, I planted it in late june like the 23rd. These plants are quite a bit larger and the difference these are in 25 gallons that plant was in 75 gallons straight into the ground. These fabric pots are producing much higher rates of growth and perhaps because of the black cloth is keeping them drying, so they are growing quite rapidly.

I will certainly have to act before they get to loading up with flowers. I will learn a lot this season and apply what I learn next season. I've got a lot of experience indoors but outdoors I'm a newb, relying heavily on my indoor experience which doesn't always translate. I also aint in complete control outdoors is a different beast altogether.

Indoors I setup irrigation, its all finished, outdoors you have to factor in the weather or your irrigation might just be a problem. Indoors I setup irrigation and rarely got to worry about it unless a pump fails. Outdoors the weather might render the irrigation useless for a week here or there. I have had some overwatering issues a couple times related to the rain and irrigation combining. It's a learning process I'll get there as with anything else experience comes with time.
Obviously I was aware before the issues, but I haven't been keeping up tracking and shutting down the irrigation. I have noticed some overwatering issues a bit at times so I have been actively trying to keep up, I did go on a little vacation recently and had to rely on the pump because no assurance of rain. Then it rained anyways.

Last edited:

blazeoneup

The Helpful One
Chat Moderator
Veteran
I have decided on my support strategy this year, I'm just going to tie mason twine across the rails of the fence and create a trellis by tying a couple lines across on each side of the plant and then connecting them to forge the trellis piece by piece. I've figured out I need to double my space if I want to be able to plant them early in the ground. These 25 gallon pots started late pretty much consumed this space. I'll certainly have to expand my space or reduce the plant number in order to proceed with my initial plan for this season. Live and learn.

a2e6c5e7-77d6-4681-8f8e-13d06c9fc90c.jpg
2024-08-12 17_49_28-(1) Facebook.jpg