What's new

Diary The eagle has landed, let the roosting begin. Finally legal, like an eagle ready to soar.

blazeoneup

The Helpful One
Chat Moderator
Veteran
What's up IC, long time no see. It's been quite a while since I've documented a growlog and shared my current endeavors. I'm finally legal so no more reasons to lurk the forums. I am preparing for an outdoor adventure this season. I've got the plants indoors, blowing up in preparation to plant as soon as the photoperiod allows for it. I've got a lot of things going on outside this season. I've got plans to put 12 plants out and use 4-6 cattle panels in an arch trellis style to produce one fine crop of cannabis flowers.

I'll keep it it interesting with some routine gardening as well, I've got some blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, grapes, peaches, and multiple raised beds for vegetables as well. I've always kept my diaries strictly cannabis related because of security reasons, yet now that I have no security concerns, I'm going to share a little bit of my ordinary garden adventures. I've got grapes trained into an arch trellis as well, 4'x16' cattle panel are the trellis of choice for this grow. I have grapes trained in cattle panels. Last year I did cucumbers in my trellis between my 4x8 raised beds. This year I might go with baby watermelons. So I've got some interesting things in the works.

I've also got some Japanese maples and other stuff going into the ground this year. So tune in and let's enjoy a season gardening together.

Strainlist, subject to change as I am seeking actively old flavors and worthy cultivars.

Sourdubb
Tangerine cookies
Tropic Truffle
Katsu Bubba -> not original but a bubba offspring
Motorbreath
Cyborg
Peach Crescendo
Strawberry Torte
Disco -> another bubba offspring

Here's a shot of the last plant, I planted in the ground outside.
Deathstar.jpg

DSCF3003.jpg

DSCF3024.jpg

DSCF3023 (2).jpg

Things are currently just popping back to life this year, the grapes just this past week sprouted new shoots. The blueberries are already throwing tons of flowers and the bees have been working hard to pollinate everything for a good harvest of berries this season. These plants are on their 3rd year. This is the first reasonably productive year and the sign that they're established. I have a 1 year pink lemonade blueberry in the ground as well, it's not as big and certainly not as productive but it's established and looks to be throwing some flowers. I have not done any pruning, I will be pruning them at the end of this season for the first time.

56015a72-36f1-44a3-b23c-601e551cf490.jpg

28cf07e4-4b8d-47dd-b1a8-752f7d5bb593.jpg

5c2fb036-2976-4708-8c7a-2d047a94bfd2.jpg

I've got the blackberry and raspberry in trellis, I also planted some beans which I will use the black fence as the trellis and they will grow behind the blackberries, blueberry and raspberries. I 3 different varieties of beans planted all pole beans.

b047afe5-336d-4d3e-9cb7-a6774cdaba81.jpg

The blueberries and blackberries have been awake for a few weeks now, but the grapes just woke up this past week. The peach sprung to life just behind all the berries.

96d14158-476c-4b6f-81ee-eb6187a06c24.jpg

I've got plenty of cleaning up to do, powerwashing the paver patio, I have to replace the roof on my grillzebo, it come with a cloth roof, I bought some metal roofing and will be pop riveting some panels together to give it a lasting roof. So lots of things to do in my neck of the woods. All are welcome to join me in my journey this season, hope all is well in your neighborhood. Until next time be safe and take care.

81a3cafc-4e91-449c-ae6b-2ea4c9cf63e7.jpg

Last edited:

blazeoneup

The Helpful One
Chat Moderator
Veteran
Well it's been a little while, my plans have semi changed, I had intended to put some plants out that I had going prepared for outdoor season, but my local community required more cuts so I sacrificed the mothers for the greater good of all.

So these plants pictured below were turned into more clones, the clones in the domes were what I intended to make my mom plants, the larger plants were going outdoors. Now the larger plants were turned into clones for the locals, the clones in the domes have begin vegging and I will put them outside and use my fresh clones left over from the sacrifice for new moms.
43970010-2b80-4862-8f07-b6b5081d6779.jpg

I've got some freshly rooted babies and some that were rooted ahead, these were supposed to be turned into my mom plants, clones I had already taken for myself in advance of the outdoor season. After I butchered them again for the greater good, I tossed them out and started new plants, which I will be planting on mothers day this year.

88eec729-56ae-4770-bab8-928f8275ecd5.jpg

So should be on track although the babies are smaller than I anticipated and planned for the season is long and I have plenty of time for these monsters to develope. I have to build a secure outdoor cultivation space because where I am it has to be locked and not easily accessible to anyone under 21. So I am building a fence and gate, that I will secure with a lock to prevent access and I have privacy fencing to keep eyes off them.
The grow space will be 14'x20', I'll be getting the weed block down and fence installed this week and planting the babies and doing the soil mix on mothers day. I purchased all the fencing and post and have the weed barrier and staples ready to go. By the end of the week these will be well rooted to their pots and hardened off to the outside.

When it comes to the regular garden, things are taking off. The grapes, blueberries, raspberries, blackberries and peaches are all producing fruits or flowering.
f8eb66fe-9c2d-4af8-8cd8-8a267e82a7a0.jpg

716bea77-5af5-46d0-a20b-a7f45d96814f.jpg

This one is the pink lemonade blueberry.
97a2ec33-9537-4f38-84ea-7cd25e9881f6.jpg

blazeoneup

The Helpful One
Chat Moderator
Veteran
The blackberries and raspberries are flowering too. Blackberries below.
27923e1f-fb59-46cf-9d1c-7d1845fc44fc.jpg
f9806da5-71c4-4623-b4d3-517005a1962b.jpg

Raspberries are blooming too.
9c5e904b-282e-477e-bc6f-b7338a15afa0.jpg
4e3f432e-b940-428b-9602-9691156611ff.jpg

Just in front of the raspberries and blackberries I have a sweet pea planted. I also have some beans planted under the blackberries and raspberries which will grow into the black fencing behind the trellis berries.

cde3f53c-32e4-4092-a02d-f258542ce0a7.jpg

I got lettuce and spinach and plenty of other stuff sprouting, I have to separate them and pull the extras but I have plenty sprouting in the beds. Some lettuce and spinach sprouts pictured below.
8df15a8a-b063-4b06-be90-609254f13e98.jpg

8f0b0f29-5f88-4aa1-9e41-f1f247eb8794.jpg

Next up is the peach tree, it had a rough start cold weather and rain, fortunately most of the blooms survived.

c21df6c9-64d3-4dbc-a1be-be62c8cd68ed.jpg

Grapes are taking off as well.
8a2b5319-d58d-4337-83c9-47121c5c764e.jpg

I got a ton of work to do cleaning up and getting everything together for both my vegetable garden and cannabis garden but I am on the Job so it will come together. To all those who join me in this endeavor good luck to you in your season. May we have a productive and successful growing season. I popped 2 sour bubble from bog seeds to find out what I can get out of them. Excited for the season. Until next time be safe and take care.

blazeoneup

The Helpful One
Chat Moderator
Veteran
I'm running a little behind, tracking down and getting all the soil, post and cattle panels together. I got everything together and now this project should flow smoothly. The idea is to build a cattle panel hoop style house, using t post and cattle panels for the arch. I am going to weld a t post across the top of the vertical post that will give me a nice lip to bend and secure the cattle panels. Then I will fill in the sides with the 12.5 gauge metal fencing. So essentially in the end I'll have roughly 13x20' to put these 12 plants in and secure them as required by law. I've gotta have a lock on the space for legal purposes. I still have to till half the space.

Should be interesting, the plan is to cut the bottoms out of these 25 gallon pots, dig some holes fill them with soil up to 4" beneath the ground level and drop the 25 gallon pots with the bottoms cut out into those holes. I have to finish tilling half the space yet before I lay down some rich organic soil as a topsoil layer and add some good organics before leveling for the weed cloth. Stay tuned....
f6e79878-78be-4f54-b6fc-c58024417dfc.jpg

0ea5a15d-099b-4082-87f2-ceadeaf49275.jpg
I'm a little behind but no worries the plants are still growing.

blazeoneup

The Helpful One
Chat Moderator
Veteran
I got some more beans soaking, I have a sour bubble popped and sprouted already. I have a couple deadhead og, ghost og, and strawberry diesel germing atm. I'll be getting a load of new clones in the coming months and rebuilding my strainbank. I am still actively searching for the urkle and katsu, I think I am about to order some grandpa urkle from CSI.

ft100

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Glad to see you doing your thang again. If I remember right we aren’t that far as we are legal now too. Been so busy haven’t done a thang but it is almost time. Your garden is looking great. Will check in. Peace and legal smoke to you.

blazeoneup

The Helpful One
Chat Moderator
Veteran
Think i will take a seat best of luck :good::lurk:

Glad to have you onboard Darksider.
i'm in. Great to see you at it again !
VG :tiphat:

Hey VerdantGreen nice to see you, thanks for dropping in!

Appreciate it, I'll try to make it worthwhile.

very nice :) thank you for the look

all the best and grow well

Dequilo

Thanks for the kind words and well wishes, they are appreciated.
Ill jump on too. Like the work you are putting in.

Good luck this season!

I have tons of wildberries and i have a beehive to pollinate them.

Awesome feel feel to drop a link to your grow if you want.
Glad to see you doing your thang again. If I remember right we aren’t that far as we are legal now too. Been so busy haven’t done a thang but it is almost time. Your garden is looking great. Will check in. Peace and legal smoke to you.

What's up ft100 nice to see you around, I'm stoked for the season, thanks and same to you.

Latest posts

Latest posts