What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The 2020 Presidential Election

Status
Not open for further replies.

med4u

Veteran
you're telling me how it should be, sounds fine as far as it goes
impeachment is political, that's how it's framed in the constitution
and political --> partisan, that's just how the real world of politics is
all impeachments that have taken place at the presidential level have been politically driven
that's the history

No not true...all previous inpeachments have been bipartisan
Clinton lied no one could say he didnt when caught red handed
Nixon tho not impeached he would have been cause he got caught and proven guilty without a doubt
Both cases both sides agreed they broke the law....trumps case they cant pin a law violation on him
Abuse of power is to vague it's open to interpretation they should have come up with a very clear without a doubt violation of law...high crime or misdemeanor....abuse of power leaves it to an objective interpretation one person may interpret it wrong in their view another may disagree....if a law on the books in black and white is broke
It can not be disputed or open to interpretation if proved...get it?

igrowone

Veteran
No not true...all previous inpeachments have been bipartisan

well, here are the actual numbers in the impeachments to date
the numbers simply are not bipartisan
Nixon did not get to the final impeachment vote, but again the numbers are similar in committee votes
i'm not talking about the merits of the cases
bipartisan would be a far different distribution of votes

Resolution providing for the impeachment of
President Andrew Johnson February 24, 1868 Party Total votes[25] Democratic Republican Yea
14px-Black_check.svg.png
4 122 126 Nay 45 2 47

H. Res. 611 – Impeaching President Bill Clinton
December 19, 1998 First article
(perjury / grand jury) Party Total votes[26] Democratic Republican Independent Yea
14px-Black_check.svg.png
5 223 0 228 Nay 200 5 1 206 Second article
(perjury / Jones case) Party Total votes[28] Democratic Republican Independent Yea 5 200 0 205 Nay
14px-Black_check.svg.png
200 28 1 229 Third article
(obstruction of justice) Party Total votes[27] Democratic Republican Independent Yea
14px-Black_check.svg.png
5 216 0 221 Nay 199 12 1 212 Fourth article
(abuse of power) Party Total votes[29] Democratic Republican Independent Yea 1 147 0 148 Nay
14px-Black_check.svg.png
203 81 1 285

igrowone

Veteran
until a point.

I think Nixon could not count on Repub. support.

we didn't quite get there, but that was the writing on the wall
what killed Nixon wasn't the original charges, repubs didn't care about wire taps, or covering up
but when Tricky Dicky's taxes got released, that gave him a new rectum
downward spiral from there
there's so much more in the DT closet, likely we haven't seen the worst yet

med4u

Veteran
“The Founding Fathers, the founders of this country, warned against single-party impeachments. And they had a very specific reason for warning us against that,” said Rep. Mike Johnson (R-La.). “They said that it would be bitterly divisive, perhaps irreparably divisive, for the country. And that’s what’s happened now.”

M

Mr D

Hakeem Jeffries answering "Is the Steele dossier foreign interference in an election" literally says the Steele dossier is okay because it was "purchased."

:stfu:

med4u

Veteran
well, here are the actual numbers in the impeachments to date
the numbers simply are not bipartisan
Nixon did not get to the final impeachment vote, but again the numbers are similar in committee votes
i'm not talking about the merits of the cases
bipartisan would be a far different distribution of votes

Resolution providing for the impeachment of
President Andrew Johnson February 24, 1868 Party Total votes[25] Democratic Republican Yea View Image 4 122 126 Nay 45 2 47

H. Res. 611 – Impeaching President Bill Clinton
December 19, 1998 First article
(perjury / grand jury) Party Total votes[26] Democratic Republican Independent Yea View Image 5 223 0 228 Nay 200 5 1 206 Second article
(perjury / Jones case) Party Total votes[28] Democratic Republican Independent Yea 5 200 0 205 Nay View Image 200 28 1 229 Third article
(obstruction of justice) Party Total votes[27] Democratic Republican Independent Yea View Image 5 216 0 221 Nay 199 12 1 212 Fourth article
(abuse of power) Party Total votes[29] Democratic Republican Independent Yea 1 147 0 148 Nay View Image 203 81 1 285

House votes to impeach not Senate votes of trial...31 Democrats voted in Republican held house to impeach clinton... bipartisan...repub votes to impeach trump in demo house 0...
Partisan...

:tiphat:

M

Mr D

House votes to impeach not Senate votes of trial...31 Democrats voted in Republican held house to impeach clinton... bipartisan...repub votes to impeach trump in demo house 0...
Partisan...

:tiphat:

In the Clinton impeachment, no witnesses that did not previously testify in the House assembly of the articles was considered.

med4u

Veteran
Looks like no witnesses in this one...
But but but chief justice? Shit ain't fair.. "Get over it"~ Mick Mulvaney

:dance013:

M

Mr D

M

Mr D

Unless the DNC decides to go with Bernie or possibly a Corn Pop Joe/ Big Mike ticket it's not to late to join the Yang Gang.

picture.php

picture.php

Sunshineinabag

clownshoes

clownshoes

My dogs got no nuts. I gotta pig you could try it on.

nah ill let you keep grabbing dogs by the ears ya fuk stuck lol let me guess you wipe with your left hand bare and shake with it as well?
we dont pet dogs, we grab em by the ears.....great logic!
Hey strange dog....cmere let me grab those ears is a great way to be bit in a commen sense world.....cyber polotico.....

h.h.

Veteran
nah ill let you keep grabbing dogs by the ears ya fuk stuck lol let me guess you wipe with your left hand bare and shake with it as well?
we dont pet dogs, we grab em by the ears.....great logic!
Hey strange dog....cmere let me grab those ears is a great way to be bit in a commen sense world.....cyber polotico.....

GFY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts