What's new

Thai

RobFromTX

Hi @RobFromTX Tropical sativas are usually very nutrient-efficient; they don't need much to grow fast and flower properly. They mainly need water, space, constant warm temperatures, and strong light intensity.
The nutrient requirements of this Thai are similar to Oldtimer's Haze, if that makes sense to growers.
This Thai needs lesser nutrients than the Honduras you have experience with.

Thank you for the helpful info dubi. You mention constant warm temperatures. Being in south texas we usaully put the AC on 80 degrees during the day and drop the temperature to 70 at night. Do you think this would negatively effect the growth of this strain? All the other runs ive had dont seem to mind but i have zero experience with thais. When you live where i do you cant compromise with the air conditioner haha

GainesvilleGreen

Pistils turning pink/red at the bottom of the flowers. Hopefully, it's the strawberry pheno, I'm not sure though.
IMG_20240603_092306955.jpg

IMG_20240603_120627791.jpg

Cheers folks

RobFromTX

I've a bad nose bro.. definitely a sweet fruit, earthy, fungi smell too, if that makes any sense.
Sounds exciting buddy. I was gonna run these myself but i decided to give the new caledonia another go first. Its a strain i really wanted to try and the wife made me trash mine when we had to move. But im definitely looking forward to running some thai. I cant wait to see how yours progress :cool:

StickyBandit

dubi, will these be like what i had from thai stick 20+ years ago, no stench and with a very slight lemony spicy peppery smell? all the seeds i have from back then dont germinate anymore :( View attachment 19015334
Have you tried the "tricks" for getting them to germinate? H2O2, rehydrating etc?
Would be great if you can get those older seeds to grow :)

blondie

dubi, will these be like what i had from thai stick 20+ years ago, no stench and with a very slight lemony spicy peppery smell? all the seeds i have from back then dont germinate anymore :( View attachment 19015334
Definitely keep those seeds. Older seeds have successfully been germinated with certain steps and patience. There are threads On icmag how to.

synapse57

My 2 Chocolate Thai Autos have been growing really fast. I love that cedar terpene smell. it's different than the Jr Mint x MAC1 I've been growing for years. It has a different 'chocolate mint' smell.

I also grew Purple Caper - Luxor's Chocolate CBD. from their chocolate kush line. It was a 1:1 thc:cbd and a thc-v strain. totally different kind of "chocolate". I have the 'assorted chocolates' freebies going now. I think 1 is a purple caper.
20240605_CT.jpg

Attachments

• 20240318_cbd CROP.jpg
    20240318_cbd CROP.jpg
    803.6 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi @smokeymacpot, thanks for your interest. This Chiang Mai strain is an unpolluted old line from more than 20 years ago, back when foreign genetics rarely reached Thai farmers as they do nowadays, especially after legalization.

What you commented on is described in the strain description as the first and most classic Thai terpene profile: fresh, lemony-lime, woody, and spicy. Such green Thais belong to what I like to define as the classic green Southeast Asian phenotype, widely spread at that time through Thailand, Vietnam, Cambodia, and the lowlands of Laos. This phenotype is a totally green expression of tropical sativa (despite cold temps in flowering), usually with a flowering period of about 4 months up to 6. It has the woody, lemony, and spicy terpenes previously described, with totally cerebral-energetic effects that have no ceiling or sedative comedown. Old Thai Sticks seemed to belong to this type, with reported colors being golden and green, without pigmentation.

In contrast, the northern highland Laotians, which in my opinion are a different breed, have intense purple colors, different terpenes, and more trippy narcotic effects. Both types have probably been intercrossed many times over the last 2-3 decades (or longer). I have smoked both in their places of origin and have also bred with them, though much more with green Thais.

Synthracer

Hello @dubi , can you tell more about the strawberry pheno? As i'm very interestet in strawberry terpenes - i'd like to breed my own strawberry variety. I also have some Guawi and Nepal Mist beans, which are described to build out strawberry phenos. I hope to find useful parents in 20 nuts. I have 20 of Thai and 20 of Nepal Mist and 5 Guawi, which were freebies.
As they're all sativa, I could also hybridise with Dane's Gum, I have not tested this variety yet, but it should also contain strawberry terps.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi @Synthracer I sadly found that the elusive strawberry terps are easily lost in outcrosses.

You will most likely have better chances of succeeding in stabilizing a rare flavor by inbreeding elite females for the trait or outcrossing to a strain with similar terps. Check the F1 generation, and if it doesn't work, look into the F2 generation for the trait. Alternatively, use the F1 to backcross to your elite female. Check the backcross and evaluate the percentage of the desired trait in females. Use males from the same generation of the females to backcross again to the elite mother. Continue this process until you reach a backcross where you find a good balance between the fixed trait and vigor in the line.

Thanks a lot for your support! 🙌

synapse57

This was my forgotten about Strawberry Haze plant. Forgot about it last summer, in a windowsill box. It produced as much as the 5gal grow bags did. Amazing haze high. I watched the Walton's all day the first time I tried this stuff. It's from Astrul genetics stuff. Strawberry Haze x Banana OG x Melonade.

Just like the gelonade strains, this stuff stayed 72% in cure. I couldn't get it any lower. it was just sticky-sticky. the other one was a Freakenstein x Gelonade. some freakshow genetics in there.

Just searched thru my photos, these are all I have of that plant.

Attachments

• sh.jpg
    sh.jpg
    534.5 KB · Views: 53
  • Strawberry Haze SH.jpg
    Strawberry Haze SH.jpg
    986 KB · Views: 39
  • 20231101_190145.jpg
    20231101_190145.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 45
  • 20231106_154418.jpg
    20231106_154418.jpg