What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Texas growers unite

Erestese

Bush Grower said:
Erestese:

"I was thinking of trying the basic Moonshine Mix that uses OF, LW, PM, Chunky Perlite, and Peace of Mind F&F for plants with a well established root system and using some other medium for establishing seedlings."

I say go for it... this is a newer version of the mix. POM is added so you use less nutes in flowering. I'm not sure what's in LW... but couldn't hurt anything. That's eventually less nutes you have to mix!

"I have an R.O filter on my sink and a huge double tank water softener on my house that was installed by culligan I wonder what effect that will have on my water. The softener requires me to fill it up with sodium pellets every couple of months."

If you get water for your plants straight out of the RO system, this would be ideal as it will filter out all the sodium the softener creates. In the sticky about water in the hydro forum, it says that water softened with salt is bad for your plants because the excess salts can cause nutrient lockouts. So just get it straight from the RO system and you won't have to worry about the sodium problem.

Some people mix the two like half RO water, half tap water. I've never had a RO filter so I'm not sure as to which is the best method or if it really matters in soil. Maybe someone else can chime in?

peace

I understand the importance of Ph and ppm but would having RO water be to my benefit since I cannot afford a meter this run? I could however afford the strips and just eyeball it.

Bush Grower

Even RO water needs to be PHed. You can get by without a PPM meter. You need some way to measure PH though... and the strips work fine if you have to use them... I used them my first few grows in soil.

Erestese

Sweet, going el cheapo sucks on your first run but I think I've spent a decent amount of money getting things set up. Next on my to-do list is odor elimination and making a cooltube, although I'm not sure I need a cooltube on a 400w.

Flowering room is 6x3x8

Last edited:

i'mbacc

Erestese said:
Lucky bastard, I'd kill for a clone of something I knew was female, instead if I do happen to get a female *fingers crossed* I'm probably gonna do the colloidal silver thing and make some fem'd seeds to ensure I never have to worry about males again. But on another note, how dumb does a person who works at PK have to be to offer clones to a person he just met, I would be SUPER noid that he might be trying to set me up.

He doesn't work there it was just some guy. He asked if I had a lite for the water farm and I told him no. He said a friend had one for sale they were moving to hawaii and didn't need it.
When I went to buy the lamp he sparked some with me and that went to the clone conversation and so forth. Nervous is not me i've had a wild life and being scared is not one of them. He doesn't look the type either i read people pretty goood. Hell I can't say too much on here about a clone so I get it how I live it. Any offers????

Last edited:
M

Movintarget

Morning Folks,
What a great day, just checked and my order from Seedbay, and it was shipped today. :jump: Now let's see how long it takes to get to ATX.

DaSt0niacKiLLeR...Toys look great..looks like you have a decent grow area.

GroworDie....I'm going to try SOG in one area of my room, so you know I'll be asking questions.

growDaddy...It's a bummer that your unable to use your 150 as much as you would like...If you can just get your heat under control and use your 150. your girls are gonna love it....Best wishes

Ok...Now let's talk about Movin's Community Clones....If your local, I have no problem in sharing what I have. I'd rather you all be safe instead of fishing....I figure that if we trade clones from one another, It's gonna cut down on our cost of branded genitics...you may have what I'm looking to get next, without waiting for 30 days, to maybe get your goods from over the pond. Just a thought folks.......... have a great day

growDaddy

Movintarget said:
growDaddy...It's a bummer that your unable to use your 150 as much as you would like...If you can just get your heat under control and use your 150. your girls are gonna love it....Best wishes

I think when I switch to 12/12, I can control the heat better and use the 150hps, I hope. The grow room is in my garage so it gets hot during the day even with an AC vent going directly into the room. So maybe I'll have my 12 on at night and my 12 off during the day.
I also have other problems as well. I think I made the down angle to steep for my water flow and it rushes by the roots very fast. This caused my roots to not really develop as they should. I can't do anything about this until my next attempt. I may ditch the pipe and go with a more traditional ebb-n-flow system, with a slow water drain.
This is my surviver at about 100 days 10" tall still veging , but hanging in there.

M

Movintarget

I've never tried the method that your using.....I was going to grow in a garage, had all my materials, then the heat set in and It wasn't long before I changed my mind...glad I did...I'm going to be trying a few different growing methods this next time around just to mix it up a little. I have all the materials to do 2 DWC 5gl black buckets..so that will be interesting..Let's see I have an area that I want to try my hand at a SOG....I'll be interesting also..
currently I use the (dare I say) Hempybucket..but I've changed the medium contents from the original.....Have you tried other methods?

GroworDie

SOG is fun but it just takes so much extra effort to water the high number of containers as opposed to a nice scrog canopy from 2 or 3 plants. But, hell, the variety is what keeps me interested in this hobby. I love it all.

M

Movintarget

Hopefully I 'll get my beans sometime next week...I'm still looking to get Super Silver Haze, Sensi Star, and a few others....If your in the Central ATX area PM me....

Erestese Yes PM me...

GroworDie...I'm sorry I was mixed up, plan on using a screen (He He) Have to keep it interesting

i'mbacc...PM me

Erestese

Done, sorry was reading "A Brief History of Time" by Steven Hawkings. Great book about physics really easy to understand.

Edit: On a side note I just noticed Texas Hydroponics has pre-built bucket systems that come with nutes (FloraNova 3 part) for 70$. So I'm stuck with the option of soil or two DWC buckets.

Last edited:

Erestese

Login on the forums first step, click User Menu up top, then click Edit Avatar, then upload an image thats 100x100 pixels or smaller if the image is over 100x100 some forum hosting software will resize the image but most don't and will just not allow the image you uploaded. Resizing an image is out of my league as I'm a dunce when it comes to Image manipulation via photoshop.

Last edited:

Bush Grower

Nice man... thanks for that, I've been jealous of everyone's avatar and wondered how to get my own. I'm thinking boobies or something to that extent.

EDIT: Hooray for boobies!

Last edited:
M

Movintarget

This is one of the methods that I'm going to try next....I will not be using the rockwool cube as pictured...from what I have gathered from the grow forums, the growth is amazing.....are there any tips I need to know? ...Thanks......

Latest posts

Latest posts