What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Super simple ebb & flow buckets

B

Blunted22

Can you take some pics of the area from your pump to where it connects to the pvc maybe just more pics all out im about try your 16 bucket system like the big one and i think i have everything down but where the pvc connects to the pump....

Anima

Heya blunted!! Think I might be able to help you out there...check out that pic I put up earlier with the diagram...ok see the 2 PVC t's?...the one one the left..pionting down?? I do believe sir, that that the pump is connected there... SUPER SIMPLE!!

Bonzo

Veteran
the "T" is unthreaded to left and right, the hole pointing downward is 1/2" threaded (female) To that you screw in a 1/2" male theaded to 1/2" hose barb. In other words on one end its got male threads and onthe other 1/2" hose barb just like all out hydro 1/2" hose fittings. run a hose from that barb to a pump, plug the pump into a timer ,set for "on" for 15 minutes every 3 to 4 hours and walk away.

i hope that made sense, i had pics of these items but cant seem to find em, you find the threaded male to 1/2"hose barb in the sprikler section at home depot

peace

bonz

Bonzo

Veteran
ok , does this make sense , please aknowledge so i dont go dang crazy wonderin'

peace

bonz

Nam myoho renge kyo!!!!!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bonzo

Veteran
pic of pumps

woooooooooooooo hooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!! took my dumbass long enough!!!

peace

bonz

ps smaller pump is for recurculating nutes, the guy who came ip with this concept used 2litre bottles with the bottom cut off and the cap end screwd into "T's" for 50 bottle runs.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Last edited:
B

Blunted22

yea i think that about clears it up i figured it was just attached with some 1/2 tube hose but wanted to make sure... How big was that rez for the 16 bucket design? probly need at least 4 gal per bucket right so about 65-70 gal or so? can you let me know on that?

B

Blunted22

also bonzo does it just go in the bottom of the buckets on a 1" hole and aquarium sealed around it?

Bonzo

Veteran
the rez for that setup i made myself outa plywood and a liner, i think a 40 gallon rez from Amerucan Agritech would do just fine:

16 x 3 = 48 but you gotta figure the buckets are full of hydroton except for a 2 to 3 inch gap so in other words your not actually using 3 gallons of nutes when you flood, alot less really, make sense?

Last edited:

Bonzo

Veteran
gimme a sec and ill see if i can find a pick of how buckets connect

peace

bonz

Nam myoho renge kyo~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

B

Blunted22

allright but how does the pvc hang in the air? does it stay up because its held by where it goes in at the bottom of the buckets? Are they just glued to the bottom of the buckets?

Bonzo

Veteran
Blunted, pics 6, 7 and 8 are for you, i have upgrded the system. its much simpler than these picsi will mwt

Anima

It's a beautiful thing!!
:jawdrop: :jawdrop: :friends: :friends: :woohoo: :woohoo: :friends: :friends: :jawdrop: :jawdrop:

B

Blunted22

i think i got it man i appreciate the help it looks like the same thing as my e z cloner came with so i think i can figure it out. This is an amazing design i can believe the simplicity in this thing
amazing find good look on the info too and thanks for the help.

Bonzo

Veteran
Closeup of the feed "T" tubing goes to pump in rez. 1" x 1" slip (unthreaded) to 1"/2" threaded, the male threaded 1"/2" barbed hose connecter is in the sprinkler lawn drip stuff dept.

peace

bonz

Nam myoho renge kyo~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bonzo

Veteran
Your welcome dude, hey you see that little corner of a label sittin on my remote? That says "TORO" Thats the brand name.

peace

bonz

Nam myoho renge kyo~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

G

Everything old is new again.........

Everything old is new again.........

Bonz `ol buddy.........It`s amazing that all the fundamentals and descriptions of systems seem to fall between the cracks but yet this one has come back from the dead..........This system is AWESOME for folks with limited sq.footage as my buddy has demonstrated... 8 grams short of 1 gram per watt and with no less than a 400 ?..........It`s that lil green thumb Bonz has..........Sky`s the limit with ebb and flow buckets boys.......Dial em in and watch em produce well over 1 per......they literally run themselves.........No fuss, no muss....... Anyways..........Great work Bonz........Major respect for sharin the knowledge and the Love.........Peace.............Me........ :joint:

Latest posts

Latest posts