What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

oldmaninbc

led05

Chasing The Present
I just went fishing…. Looks like I caught 12 Sundays & 54 Mondays :)

IMG_2094.jpeg

IMG_2095.jpeg

led05

Chasing The Present
Something I’ve noted few times BF & been meaning to discuss after bit more time passed…

Gambian x Cambodian

IMG_2143.jpeg

IMG_2148.jpeg

Pretty much anything else - in this case various Sweet & Sour D

IMG_2146.jpeg

IMG_2150.jpeg

The G x C cross is approaching 2 years old now and still not brown (much more a yellow), in person the difference is much more profound. The sweet & sour D are 6 months old or so, browned up like most everything else does when not vacuumed / preserved…

I can eat 50mg THC worth in edibles + smoke a joint of pretty much anything else and it PALS in comparison to the effects I get from one good bubbler hit of the Gambian x Cambodian, it’s not even close & that one hit lasts longer than what’s believable

I can’t fully explain it but my guess is it’s much more about what isn’t than is; but the whatever naturally preserves this cannabis keeping it fresh / green looking is a definite key tell, sour apple is how the flowers smell but truly it’s faint, they certainly are not pungent by any stretch of the imagination…

When I was eating edibles solely made from these X’s & smoking it, no bueno, palpitations, noided out, antsy, tripping hard randomly not necessarily tied to a smoking or edible partaking, it’s accumulative over days, weeks, dare I say even months - I went on like that for nearly a year BF I realized I was pretty much poisoning myself, burning out my synapses & neurons…

But when in balance it’s definitely a Grail…

Sometimes things don’t need to be explained I guess they simply are…

I took one hit yesterday @3pm after stumbling across that bucket & didn’t smoke again till after 11, I rip bubblers all day everyday & constantly am eating edibles, one hit of the G x C and it cuts through everything like fucking lightning !

I don’t know to explore it more or just let it be, ha ha ha….

led05

Chasing The Present
I guess both a good & bad thing as far as breeding goes

Just huge huge individual male flowers on this plant, unusually heavy too - sticky durlumbo is gonna be getting a lot of this cream

IMG_2151.jpeg

IMG_2153.jpeg

IMG_2155.jpeg

IMG_2156.jpeg

Huge male flowers mean huge calyx, definitely a SE Asian trait ;)

Last edited:

PadawanWarrior

Depends on what you consider “higher” - haha - but yes I have 2; truth be told I learned more as a Div 1 collegiate athlete balancing it all vs what either degree taught me, and neither were “knockoff” degrees by any means…

Interestingly the Two companies I started & ultimately sold had little to do with my educational backgrounds, and neither have anything to do with what you see in here; but often such is life… I’ll probably start one more after my midlife retirement/crisis I’ve now been on nearly a decade, holy shit does time fly!! Kids getting older now & I’ve gotta do something with my time & life :)

Next time If you can start em 15/9 or so & walk down to 11/13 you’ll be rewarded with both quality & quantity, even then they’ll keep on flushing but pure flowers & no leaf as you can see earlier in here of the ones I had…

Our Sump never even turned on, I couldn’t even find a drop of water in either intakes to the hole either - I truly think that one day everything just aligned to fuck us, a handful of miles away they barely got any rain, storms just lined up perfectly an entire day to hammer us on top our little plateau & it couldn’t drain fast enough; that & fact our basement has two added blocks making it deeper than most adding to it / our vulnerability

Our basement family room area, nice & dry, that rug is so comfortable!!

View attachment 19045939

Got a hundred lbs or so of tomatoes to harvest today & sauce, or at least begin the process….

One more summer vacation to go then I fire back up the indoor rooms, man did this summer go by too fast, fastest yet by far, hope that doesn’t continue though I fear it does, that’s life !

Happy growing y’all
That looks like my Panasonic plasma TV. Is that a plasma?

led05

Chasing The Present
That looks like my Panasonic plasma TV. Is that a plasma?
lol ancient AF & still kicking…. Quick funny story, I had it a few years & my bro liked it so got one too, his dies a few years later, that was like 7 years ago - this one still working perfectly but I’m eager to replace it with like a 75 - 85” LED down there but won’t till it goes, due that it’ll probably last forever - ha

PadawanWarrior

lol ancient AF & still kicking…. Quick funny story, I had it a few years & my bro liked it so got one too, his dies a few years later, that was like 7 years ago - this one still working perfectly but I’m eager to replace it with like a 75 - 85” LED down there but won’t till it goes, due that it’ll probably last forever - ha
I like plasma. I wish they still made them. I think its better than LED. The reason they changed to LED was about power consumption. Damn government wants us all the be as efficient as possible, lol. The blacks don't get any better than plasma. OLED came close but not quite as good. No jitter with plasma either. I had to replace one of the boards in mine but it still works great.

Sub24ox7

Sort of a stinky leather with slight fruit to it. Takes me a bit to get smells down…
Ok maybe the stink is similar to gauva fruit with some leather and touch possibly fruit but mostly guava stink. Will know more as it fattens/resins up. ✌️🙏💚

led05

Chasing The Present
I believe totals now for the season:

56 pints of salsa
42 Quarts of picklings
26 Pints of Tomato Sauce

Now it’s time to make some hot sauce; I’ll wing it like everything & season it towards the end; some of the ingredients from the gardens I picked yesterday evening; this weekend is a cool washout (perfect to harvest just prior then cook all weekend indoors) but then we have a week + of brilliant sunshine forecasted, low 80’s during day & upper 50’s at night, can’t beat it - wish I could clone Sept for the rest of the year

IMG_2238.jpeg

IMG_2241.jpeg

IMG_2240.jpeg

IMG_2244.jpeg

Just getting set up, I’ll cook down stuff all day, then simmer low all night then start again tomorrow morning eventually immersion blending it at the end, we leave pretty much everything in we can, skin, seeds etc are packed w minerals & vitamins & removing it all for the tiny taste improvement ain’t worth the rub :)

IMG_2242.jpeg

led05

Chasing The Present
Durlumbo Sticky Queen, pollen from GH Male above gentle seeping out exactly as to plan…

IMG_2245.jpeg

IMG_2246.jpeg

IMG_2247.jpeg

IMG_2248.jpeg

IMG_2249.jpeg

No issue to finish out seeds, but the flowers…. Mamma Na gonna have to be kind, but she’s been a handful of years in a row now, fingers X’d

Last edited:

led05

Chasing The Present
Back to Hot Sauce -

Garlic, Onions & Ghost Chilies + Olive oil to begin, there’s 20+ reapers in there + handful of others

IMG_2250.jpeg

From this batch of harvested peppers I’m keeping these 5 to add to bowl of potential to pull seeds from
IMG_2251.jpeg

IMG_2252.jpeg

Add other peppers
IMG_2253.jpeg

Add tomatoes - 5-6 different types

IMG_2255.jpeg

IMG_2256.jpeg

Add few types beefsteak heirlooms on top after cooking awhile
IMG_2260.jpeg

There’s still plenty of tomatoes left from yesterdays harvest, I’ll probably top this off a few times

Picked a Tester apple, in this case off a HoneyCrisp tree, I only spray the trees once a year during growing season w organics so we always have spots on our apples but it’s our preference - oh man was it delicious!

IMG_2258.jpeg

IMG_2259.jpeg

But it needs another week or so on the trees

led05

Chasing The Present
Needs more heat, added another 25 ghost chilies along with some other hot peppers, cilantro & bunch of fresh squeezed limes

IMG_2262.jpeg

Man does the house & garage smell yummy !

Last edited:

oldmaninbc

Back to Hot Sauce -

Garlic, Onions & Ghost Chilies + Olive oil to begin, there’s 20+ reapers in there + handful of others

View attachment 19061869

From this batch of harvested peppers I’m keeping these 5 to add to bowl of potential to pull seeds from
View attachment 19061870

View attachment 19061871

Add other peppers
View attachment 19061872

Add tomatoes - 5-6 different types

View attachment 19061873

View attachment 19061874
Add few types beefsteak heirlooms on top after cooking awhile
View attachment 19061877

There’s still plenty of tomatoes left from yesterdays harvest, I’ll probably top this off a few times

Picked a Tester apple, in this case off a HoneyCrisp tree, I only spray the trees once a year during growing season w organics so we always have spots on our apples but it’s our preference - oh man was it delicious!

View attachment 19061875

View attachment 19061876

But it needs another week or so on the trees
Blemishes are just part of gardening, shows they were grown with care.

led05

Chasing The Present
Blemishes are just part of gardening, shows they were grown with care.
Fact ^

Little dinner harvest for a side, we’ll steam them quick, add some garden onions, fresh sheep feta then a bit of olive oil & balsamic, so good, crazy healthy & I swear nothing makes you more regular than beets, not crazy fibrous either and the energy boost is undeniable

IMG_2282.jpeg

IMG_2281.jpeg

led05

Chasing The Present
To finish the Hot Sauce I just immersion blend it down well, then cook until it’s a consistency I like, do final seasoning then I jar it up. I use a Turkish coffee pot that’s @1.5 pints which makes filling pint jars perfect & fast, I fill them while still very hot & just vacuum seal, often the vacuum / increased pressure makes them start boiling again in the mason jars, we have enough fridges that space allows us to store them in there… while I’m vacuuming sealing I’m labeling, filling jars etc, it all works out perfectly

To recap the process

IMG_2241.jpeg

IMG_2240.jpeg

IMG_2250.jpeg

IMG_2255.jpeg

IMG_2261.jpeg

IMG_2262.jpeg

IMG_2283.jpeg

IMG_2289.jpeg

IMG_2287.jpeg

IMG_2293.jpeg

That’s a lot of Hot Sauce, 20 pints worth !