What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

IndicaFarmer

As we ease into February you can really feel the days lengthening - the equinox presumably / must be points where we’re gaining most or loosing most / day, February every week here starts to be @20 minutes added light… you notice it :)

Daily changes on the flowers too, good time year for bright lights & color… Gloomy AF out there

View attachment 18805418

View attachment 18805419

View attachment 18805420

Cambodian 1 - seeds forming are from a Gambian male, one I deem special, very special

View attachment 18805421
Great job on the setup and the Gambian female, she looks very productive. Do you by any chance have a seed line out of the Gambian? or is thus strictly for personal enjoyment? Just curious. Other plants look amazing as well. Also, what characteristics made the one in a thousand Gambian male so worthwhile? Potency? Scent? Terps? or any combo of these? Thanks!

led05

Chasing The Present
Wow fuck your orchids are sooo showy!! everythings so neat and tidy too!
Ty

Great job on the setup and the Gambian female, she looks very productive. Do you by any chance have a seed line out of the Gambian? or is thus strictly for personal enjoyment? Just curious. Other plants look amazing as well. Also, what characteristics made the one in a thousand Gambian male so worthwhile? Potency? Scent? Terps? or any combo of these? Thanks!
Ty, I’ll reply later on your Q when I’ve got more time

2001 Sour D - plant group in back right corner are HI Indica x Ampakafo Village

BCBB4483-E485-4339-A16E-31B2EFF63A9A.jpeg

Sour
EFE41F36-2AE9-42D7-B69F-0A7236D9271B.jpeg

4BC2E55B-DEFF-48BE-9455-00A7885789FC.jpeg

214CDBA7-9F6C-45DD-9885-300617C9FEB9.jpeg

FE4ADDD6-9861-4C28-A1B3-0FB112B95AFF.jpeg

HI Indica x Ampakafo

F7E9B52E-671D-4199-9862-6BB7FD37C069.jpeg

led05

Chasing The Present
Experimenting & looking at many different X’s here

90A5DC11-4F1A-4703-8C1B-0AE4C7DA2322.jpeg

2F0B95DE-8E88-4F51-AA2C-6116151FC342.jpeg

Seed room - was infested with PM but there’s an upside to that too, actually quite a few I can think of quickly… only plant with any left much is the one earlier in progression and that looks like I’ve been feeding it with lawn fertilizer - lol, of course I haven’t - that’s the Cambodian 1 there, packed full by the Male Stud “ The Great Gambino” yes poetic liberty, ha…

Everything in this room but one plant I’m very interested in, especially excited about the raw liver sour funk I’m expecting from the SMC / A5T x Gambian

04B51063-A10C-447C-A058-A4416FD4E636.jpeg

Seeds in this one Gambian/ Cambodian 2 (F) x Gambian - got few different iterations I’m making of these SE Asians by Gambians, some are huge calyxed pearls like greenspoon, not this one it leans Gambian
089016A7-34C8-4B4D-B9E3-5F41A855BED7.jpeg

010C882B-4386-40E5-892C-25A1CA50B419.jpeg

DC42A985-380E-4B8B-9F04-149B263B7E7D.jpeg

00214B87-6D31-442C-BD60-6A8641FA9A44.jpeg

2A673C9F-F9F5-4F3D-8E4B-C5F775268ACE.jpeg

91F613CB-E471-4A53-B5DA-8A9673A664DD.jpeg

Happy Hunting

IndicaFarmer

Ty

Ty, I’ll reply later on your Q when I’ve got more time

2001 Sour D - plant group in back right corner are HI Indica x Ampakafo Village

View attachment 18810322

Sour
View attachment 18810323

View attachment 18810324

View attachment 18810325

View attachment 18810326

HI Indica x Ampakafo

View attachment 18810327
Two in the middle with the palmate wide hands like leaf structures...... awesome. reminds me of some of the pics of old time, seventies Afghans. before the wide Leafs all came from Pakistan and dominated in structure when bred into the local varieties. stout, proud, strong and bold in appearance. I also love the v shape of the cross section of the leaves. killer. Anyways good work, beautiful work and thanks for the sharing of your stuff. I always love pictures over words in these forums. I am partial to the basic analysis and info, then a big spread of all the plants. Good God I am stoned,.................................................................................. .
sorry to ramble. Glad and happy all you guys on here make this community what it is.

led05

Chasing The Present
Two in the middle with the palmate wide hands like leaf structures...... awesome. reminds me of some of the pics of old time, seventies Afghans. before the wide Leafs all came from Pakistan and dominated in structure when bred into the local varieties. stout, proud, strong and bold in appearance. I also love the v shape of the cross section of the leaves. killer. Anyways good work, beautiful work and thanks for the sharing of your stuff. I always love pictures over words in these forums. I am partial to the basic analysis and info, then a big spread of all the plants. Good God I am stoned,.................................................................................. .
sorry to ramble. Glad and happy all you guys on here make this community what it is.
They are from early 1980’s Afghani seeds…Nice eyes :tiphat:

led05

Chasing The Present
There’s 10 of the 2001 CNY Sour D here, I’m gonna self one in a smaller container and seed them all…. There’s a slight bit variation in the 10 but not much, they all came from a seed out an elbow over two decades ago…. People hoarded them cuts and even cleaned their lbs of seeds…. That’s what makes me love it even more…

Just thinned them and days are being reduced…. They smell so so good, man there’s just nothing like it!

2A1CC7F6-A3E5-4459-AFE4-EBAD92F586ED.jpeg

26EB0CB6-92A6-4D9E-A428-B0CF82B2A290.jpeg

1B5B0600-AB13-49C0-BB4C-AB37E14D225B.jpeg

A930F393-F137-4109-B7AC-F658F5EB491C.jpeg

Last edited:

led05

Chasing The Present

Gambian was shared w me from a Spanish Friend, a buddy of his collected while traveling there, iirc it’s got restrictions on it… I bulked it and sent back a few hundred I’d imagine and kept rest…

Why have to pop so many to find stud… 15-20% of the line has serious serration issues I.e none thus transpiration nightmares… that and runts bam there’s 300-400 gone… some want the mutants as they are serrationless, that’s not my interest… they have beautiful African terps and a unique sour funk to some of them, this male reeks of it and is a frost bomb, productive as shit and won’t stop flowering at 15, 16 & 17 hrs light on…. Lots tropical sativas act like peppers to me, go talk to the auto scientists about what & how they classify equatorial or near equatorial sativas as I haven’t a clue but they act “special” some of them IMO…

I’ll be proven right or wrong soon on this male but, breeding or chucking or whatever is all statistics & cues you should have a good idea of outcomes, surprises up & down always of course too… he’s a super stud, it’ll be proven very soon… aka first seeds this particular Gambian is making seeds but I’ve used many similar, inferior males and love the outcome…

Peace

Last edited:

led05

Chasing The Present
HI Indica x Ampakafo Village, looks like 3 F, im expecting stability issues on these based on others grows but the plants didn’t look the healthiest either so who knows, these definitely have a uniqueness to them & terpene profile

7CA6C028-C978-405F-BA9F-CFDF31E20F80.jpeg

A7F120B8-4911-4851-A670-9E5BD5021CDE.jpeg

IndicaFarmer

Gambian was shared w me from a Spanish Friend, a buddy of his collected while traveling there, iirc it’s got restrictions on it… I bulked it and sent back a few hundred I’d imagine and kept rest…

Why have to pop so many to find stud… 15-20% of the line has serious serration issues I.e none thus transpiration nightmares… that and runts bam there’s 300-400 gone… some want the mutants as they are serrationless, that’s not my interest… they have beautiful African terps and a unique sour funk to some of them, this male reeks of it and is a frost bomb, productive as shit and won’t stop flowering at 15, 16 & 17 hrs light on…. Lots tropical sativas act like peppers to me, go talk to the auto scientists about what & how they classify equatorial or near equatorial sativas as I haven’t a clue but they act “special” some of them IMO…

I’ll be proven right or wrong soon on this male but, breeding or chucking or whatever is all statistics & cues you should have a good idea of outcomes, surprises up & down always of course too… he’s a super stud, it’ll be proven very soon… aka first seeds this particular Gambian is making seeds but I’ve used many similar, inferior males and love the outcome…

Peace
Thanks for the rundown reply man. I like it when people fill others in on all the details of their grow, setup and goals of growing, either for breeding or for product. Or a mixture of the two is usually the most likely for the majority of us on here. I personally just love seeing what happens when I cross two very different plants together, each with great smells, looks, structure etc. I love seeing the dice roll with a cross, i love going through seeded buds and collecting, sorting and cataloguing. I love having a growing seed collection in my fridge that I can always go back to, look over and select the best varieties to cross. I owe a lot to this plant, it has been a real teacher. You try, you fail, you try again and try new things........ Even when you screw up, there is something of a result, something that teaches an aspect of the plant you may not have ever learned about any other way.
I am always surprised by this plant, always grateful for its effects, its life force, its energy. Cannabis is meditation. It forces one to become for a time, like a monk, like a holy, lost, hermetic diviner.
Oh, and also, Cannabis is great not only for its medicinal effects, but for its soul nourishing warmth. Mentally and spiritually. I say, plant this weed everywhere. This plant could do so much for the world and the enviorment, but there is so much damned regulation! On a fucking weed. A holy weed at that, but still, a weed that is hardy, adaptable and resourceful in its survival. We need cannabis, and cannabis needs man. It has always been so, wherever we went, in the rubbish heap, in the compost dump at the edge of the village, cannabis grew, and every generation it was selected for certain traits that were valuable to man. Food, medicine, cordage, clothing, recreation, spiritual exploration........ .
There is nothing more authentically human than getting high. Our European and Asian, African, and many other of our ancestral groups got high, when we get high too, we are communing with all those souls of the past. We all become one massive interwoven, living tapestry. Cannabis is life, Cannabis is celebration, Cannabis is a gift and I pray we give it the respect it deserves every time we ingest this sacrament. Sorry to ramble. Peace everyone!

IndicaFarmer

Hey LED05, do you make your own LED lamps? Are they kits that you put together? Whatever they are they are awesome. Must be powerful too because you have them so high up above the canopy. And damn, your plants look like pure fire. The fucking wheat spike buds are incredible, real gourmet looking shit man and I mean that. Oh, that combo, the squirrel tail and the Gambian? Good God. I think I had a bit of a climax when I saw that beast of a lady. The stalks on those bitches are no joke. I also love how tall you veg them, so they can show the full-on Christmas tree structure. That is one thing I love to see is the Christmas tree thing especially in African landraces. I have a Durban male right now that I am gonna stud out soon, it has that real solid shape of a classic full Sativa. Leaves are razor thin too! Never had one like it. I started two more the other day and they just broke soil. hopefully I get a good female. Really stoked to have these genes, I am so tired of commercial weed today. Cookies and Gelato and all that bullshit. So, nauseating really. It's like drinking Bud Light or anything else watered down and without a soul. Yeah, Afghans are great, Indica's are great, Autos are great, but man there is just something about an Equitorial Sativa that blows them all away. A Congo, or a Panamanian? A good Mangu Carrot? It is a whole other universe, a completely different dimensional reality. Oh and I love the light lime green/fluorescent looking Sativa's. Beautiful and electric. Purple stems are a plus too. Peace.

led05

Chasing The Present
Hey LED05, do you make your own LED lamps? Are they kits that you put together? Whatever they are they are awesome. Must be powerful too because you have them so high up above the canopy. And damn, your plants look like pure fire. The fucking wheat spike buds are incredible, real gourmet looking shit man and I mean that. Oh, that combo, the squirrel tail and the Gambian? Good God. I think I had a bit of a climax when I saw that beast of a lady. The stalks on those bitches are no joke. I also love how tall you veg them, so they can show the full-on Christmas tree structure. That is one thing I love to see is the Christmas tree thing especially in African landraces. I have a Durban male right now that I am gonna stud out soon, it has that real solid shape of a classic full Sativa. Leaves are razor thin too! Never had one like it. I started two more the other day and they just broke soil. hopefully I get a good female. Really stoked to have these genes, I am so tired of commercial weed today. Cookies and Gelato and all that bullshit. So, nauseating really. It's like drinking Bud Light or anything else watered down and without a soul. Yeah, Afghans are great, Indica's are great, Autos are great, but man there is just something about an Equitorial Sativa that blows them all away. A Congo, or a Panamanian? A good Mangu Carrot? It is a whole other universe, a completely different dimensional reality. Oh and I love the light lime green/fluorescent looking Sativa's. Beautiful and electric. Purple stems are a plus too. Peace.
Yes I’ve made plenty my own LED, no nothing to do with kits, my designs my plans… Very bright, I like to hang lights up high out my way, moving once at most during a grow…. I also like using HPS for orange into Far Red & radiant as LED are far inferior presently for those needs, which plants definitely crave ime…

I do believe Durban is one part of the parent makeup of Cookies (I’ve got that Durban btw), lol, it’s inescapable - ha

Damn, LED05, you need to start breeding for seed, you could clean up big time. People would kill to buy some of that.
I’ve been toying the idea with a buddy and been doing inventory past few weeks; I’m up to 500 rows of different X’s & cultivars, still quite a few to inventory… Some have 10,000+ seeds others 50 or so….

I’ve been thinking of making a list; Ledo’s List we’ll call it; good till they are gone…

I’ve been making seeds for @ two decades, there’s millions, many of which aren’t available anywhere else; the amount of pure rare NLD & X’s is more expansive than any seedbanks I know of….

Kinda a matter of setting it up, then marketing & doing it… based on hemp laws & my understanding as well as lawyers I’ve contacted - seeds here in the states are legal just like mushroom spores are, levels of illegal substances are either too low or not present to reach illegal status….

So long story short; hopefully in due time but many many gems are being made as I type right now too, for me making seeds is as addicting as it gets :)

Last edited:

IndicaFarmer

Holy shit LED05, I had some idea of what you might be up to, but damn. Thanks again for the rundown of yer operation and insights. Had no idea that Durban was bred into Cookies. But then we have to ask, what Durban, or which Durban? After it was taken to Holland, it got repackaged, and reformed into a much more commercial and saleable variety for the masses. In my opinion, an inferior brand to the wide gene'd original. But what do I know? I have my ideas, others have theirs, and so on. We grow, breed and produce Cannabis we like, for ourselves. Everyone else is secondary! We all have our memories, our preconceptions, our dreams and desires for what type of Hemp we envision. I have my idea of what Durban should be, you probably have yours, and everyone else has their own I suspect. I love African Cannabis varieties. I love the idea of African Cannabis. That dark and mysterious continent birthed mankind and many other things besides. Cannabis may have been a later introduction, but it became something special and unique there.
I want to build up many of the best varieties of seed for my own purposes. Congolese, Durban, Gambian, Senegalese, Sudanese etc. I crave them all. The Equitorials most especially. Those thin leaves, that elegance. Those fluffy buds. Those floral scents. And the kick that smoke gives. Almost too strong, edgy and electric. But alas I live in Portland Oregon! So I will have to set them straight to flower from seed crack. I know they only reach full flavor and power when fully vegged, but we do what we can.
Peace.

led05

Chasing The Present
Holy shit LED05, I had some idea of what you might be up to, but damn. Thanks again for the rundown of yer operation and insights. Had no idea that Durban was bred into Cookies. But then we have to ask, what Durban, or which Durban? After it was taken to Holland, it got repackaged, and reformed into a much more commercial and saleable variety for the masses. In my opinion, an inferior brand to the wide gene'd original. But what do I know? I have my ideas, others have theirs, and so on. We grow, breed and produce Cannabis we like, for ourselves. Everyone else is secondary! We all have our memories, our preconceptions, our dreams and desires for what type of Hemp we envision. I have my idea of what Durban should be, you probably have yours, and everyone else has their own I suspect. I love African Cannabis varieties. I love the idea of African Cannabis. That dark and mysterious continent birthed mankind and many other things besides. Cannabis may have been a later introduction, but it became something special and unique there.
I want to build up many of the best varieties of seed for my own purposes. Congolese, Durban, Gambian, Senegalese, Sudanese etc. I crave them all. The Equitorials most especially. Those thin leaves, that elegance. Those fluffy buds. Those floral scents. And the kick that smoke gives. Almost too strong, edgy and electric. But alas I live in Portland Oregon! So I will have to set them straight to flower from seed crack. I know they only reach full flavor and power when fully vegged, but we do what we can.
Peace.
I’ve got seeds from the exact Durban lineage that was dad or mom to cookies (it was one of the parents I forget which), I trust source I got it from whom told me this but honestly could careless about all that hoopla etc… but I’m sure it’s an excellent parent and know he used a male from this extensively so I guess it’s dad…then made double Durban or something like that…. Proof will be in the pudding like always

I’ve got a handful of those seeds going now; planning to hit them w Gambian Stud, the females that is….

Last edited: