What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

SubGirls Garden

Sun&Soil

I like growing autos now and then too. They are a bit easier to grow and are usually beautiful plants. My test trial book tho shows that they are not as often top shelf. But sometimes they are so still worth looking for a nice strain.
I find when I have smoked autos my initial high is comparable to the photos, but I end up sparking back up hourly. With my photos I usually spark up every 2 to 4 hours. I have limited experience with the autos though, so I'm apprehensive in making a conclusion.

SubGirl

Premium user
420club
I’ve grown a couple of tents of them. Some were good some not so much. Most had really nice looking buds and a variety of smells. Also some like my little brother who doesn’t smoke much likes some of my bottom shelf weed the best so it depends on who’s smoking it too.

Sun&Soil

I li!e to make seeds and see it as a lazy shortcut that doesn't produce the claimed results up front not to mention the potential to bottleneck all the bad.
Purely my opinion based on nothing specific.
🐕
It makes sense if your growing for seed. If I were into cloning I think I would stay away from fems aswell.

I grow primarily for the grow itself and secondly for the bud. So far the only fems I've grown were from Brothers Grimm and Barneys Farm and I've been more then happy with their genetic quality.

SubGirl

Premium user
420club
Note to self. That Chimera #3 is incredible. I can’t imagine how much better in haul I would have got had it not been such a hazardous grow. I’m gonna have to find another clone of this one to try it again. Tastes delicious, really good buzz that lasts a long time. Kinda glittery looking too.

Sun&Soil

20231223_201731.jpg

Pressed some G13-Genius for the holidays.

20231223_204306.jpg

I started pressing live rosin to replace butter and tinctures. Edibles are so much easier now! I try and limit the dab hits to special occasions.

Last edited:

ramblinman

Only that I finally harvested the last plant from the flower tent. The tent is still a mess so I gotta take a day and clean it just been busy with Christmas and stuff. May wait before planting anything to see how many girls I get in the skunk tent. I checked them yesterday and defoliating them so they still fit in the tent while awaiting to see how they identify. I really don’t have the room for this sexing thing but I swear my top shelf weed usually comes from reg seeds maybe it’s just in my head…
your not alone, i always have had to me better smoke out of regs too. maybe we have to work with them more and think we do. another reason i don't care for fems is i always get a hermie somewhere in the bunch, last crop 2 girl scout cookies fems, one got a few seeds and the other doesn't. when i saw it i said hell with i'm gonna toke it anyway. regs in the boxes now. i did have a weird thing i had happen twice is with 88 g13 hash plant, the girls are fine, but the male is one i never understood. i wanted a male for the pollen, both times the males hermed, the pollen sacks had a seed thing in them, you could hear them fall on the styrofoam plate i was using to catch the pollen. got some more of them beans i might try them again later.

SubGirl

Premium user
420club
View attachment 18937327

Pressed some G13-Genius for the holidays.

View attachment 18937328

I started pressing live rosin to replace butter and tinctures. Edibles are so much easier now! I try and limit the dab hits to special occasions.
Wow, look at that. Something I haven’t tried yet although I’ve seen many others here enjoying it. Looks like you’re an expert. I’ve only made dry ice kief.

dogzter

Drapetomaniac
your not alone, i always have had to me better smoke out of regs too. maybe we have to work with them more and think we do. another reason i don't care for fems is i always get a hermie somewhere in the bunch, last crop 2 girl scout cookies fems, one got a few seeds and the other doesn't. when i saw it i said hell with i'm gonna toke it anyway. regs in the boxes now. i did have a weird thing i had happen twice is with 88 g13 hash plant, the girls are fine, but the male is one i never understood. i wanted a male for the pollen, both times the males hermed, the pollen sacks had a seed thing in them, you could hear them fall on the styrofoam plate i was using to catch the pollen. got some more of them beans i might try them again later.
I have never seen them do that may I ask where you sourced the seeds?

ramblinman

not sure where they came from, they were passed to me by a friend out of his stash. i think i still have some of that bunch and some from another friend. i veg 24/7 and they changed in veg. i had some pics at one time, i'll look to see if i still do. i may have had them on photobucket.

Timj

I grow both feminized and regular seeds. I've only had one hermaphrodite plant and it was from gifted seeds. I'm not even sure if it was regular seed or feminized as it was unmarked.
I grow predominantly feminized seed now as I just don't see any benefit to regular seed other than to a breeder.
I have also grown about 30 auto flowers and I have never had consistently large yields. The quality of the auto's varied just like any other plant for me. This is JMO.

Sun&Soil

Wow, look at that. Something I haven’t tried yet although I’ve seen many others here enjoying it. Looks like you’re an expert. I’ve only made dry ice kief.
No expert, just really easy. My press is the best 450 dollar investment I've made. I've completely stopped making butter. Now I just add the decarbed rosin directly into the recipes. Making gummies with it is effortless.

I love hash as it feels more wholesome, but the amount of work you save by pressing is worth every penny.

SubGirl

Premium user
420club
Thanks Pute. All the Christmas stuff is done and it’s time to relax and smoke one for Santa. I was just reminded that he has already delivered in several areas around the world and is on his way here so make sure yall leave him some of those edibles and a fatty and some milk cause you know he still has a ways to go still.

Latest posts

Latest posts