What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

SubGirls Garden

SubGirl

Premium user
420club
Hey Subbie, any new stuff from the garden?
Only that I finally harvested the last plant from the flower tent. The tent is still a mess so I gotta take a day and clean it just been busy with Christmas and stuff. May wait before planting anything to see how many girls I get in the skunk tent. I checked them yesterday and defoliating them so they still fit in the tent while awaiting to see how they identify. I really don’t have the room for this sexing thing but I swear my top shelf weed usually comes from reg seeds maybe it’s just in my head…

Sun&Soil

Only that I finally harvested the last plant from the flower tent. The tent is still a mess so I gotta take a day and clean it just been busy with Christmas and stuff. May wait before planting anything to see how many girls I get in the skunk tent. I checked them yesterday and defoliating them so they still fit in the tent while awaiting to see how they identify. I really don’t have the room for this sexing thing but I swear my top shelf weed usually comes from reg seeds maybe it’s just in my head…
I've only been growing fems for a few years, but I've yet to find one that compares to the original stock I've grown for the last 20. Not saying there's been anything bad about the fems and I can really appreciate not having to plan out spacing on a gamble. It probably doesn't support your theory, but it doesn't hurt it either.

Sun&Soil

I put 1" of perlite on top and on the bottom of the pot. It keeps the bugs under control and also keeps every thing dry.
Do you use diatomaceous earth on the surface of the perlite? I feel like that could be a great organic solution to pest control. Got me thinking @Putembk

It's too late to try the perlite this go as my plant is only 4"tall and I have a full canopy, but I'm going to give it a go next indoor grow.

This is the first time I tried a mulch indoors and not gone with a watering moat(I can draw what I'm talking about), and I'm regretting it.

I think the perlite and moat will work nicely together and help minimize splashing. The way I train my indoor plants causes me to have to water with a hose attached to my can. The pour can come out a little heavy.

SubGirl

Premium user
420club
Only got a jar off the cap junky clone but it’s really sparkly so I’m hoping it’s sorta like the mother we harvested earlier. The buds were smaller and I didn’t take the trim time I normally do on a beautiful plant but I am happy I at least got something out of this tent. I call this jar Mr Subs Cap Junky as he helped me keep her alive in my hour of need
IMG_9358.jpeg

bigsur51

On a mailtrain.
Premium user
Veteran
420club
Do you use diatomaceous earth on the surface of the perlite? I feel like that could be a great organic solution to pest control. Got me thinking @Putembk

It's too late to try the perlite this go as my plant is only 4"tall and I have a full canopy, but I'm going to give it a go next indoor grow.

This is the first time I tried a mulch indoors and not gone with a watering moat(I can draw what I'm talking about), and I'm regretting it.

I think the perlite and moat will work nicely together and help minimize splashing. The way I train my indoor plants causes me to have to water with a hose attached to my can. The pour can come out a little heavy.

one of these days why don’t you try using 100% Perlite?….

it is a simple and efficient way to grow

we grew in some 17 gallon totes 100% Perlite and had good results

IMG_0696.jpeg

Sun&Soil

one of these days why don’t you try using 100% Perlite?….

it is a simple and efficient way to grow

we grew in some 17 gallon totes 100% Perlite and had good results

View attachment 18936566
Interesting, but not for me. I refuse to bring measurements into my grows.

Growing is therapy for me and as soon as it starts to feel like work I will run from it. I have spent most of my adult life measuring for a living and the last thing I want to do in my free time is replicate the work day.

My giant barrel filled with my garden soil allow me to sow seed, water, and watch.

Ph, ec, rh, nute ratios...remind me too much of bearings, distances, point numbers, elevations.

Hope that makes sense.

dogzter

Drapetomaniac
Interesting, but not for me. I refuse to bring measurements into my grows.

Growing is therapy for me and as soon as it starts to feel like work I will run from it. I have spent most of my adult life measuring for a living and the last thing I want to do in my free time is replicate the work day.

My giant barrel filled with my garden soil allow me to sow seed, water, and watch.

Ph, ec, rh, nute ratios...remind me too much of bearings, distances, point numbers, elevations.

Hope that makes sense.
Amen!!

SubGirl

Premium user
420club
I haven’t given up on fems yet. I’ve grown top shelf with fems but I do wonder if the process to make fem seeds take away from its genetics. Just a thought… reg seeds are hard when you don’t have much room…

SubGirl

Premium user
420club
I like growing autos now and then too. They are a bit easier to grow and are usually beautiful plants. My test trial book tho shows that they are not as often top shelf. But sometimes they are so still worth looking for a nice strain.

Latest posts

Latest posts