What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Star Crash's Indoor Grow Show '08

Status
Not open for further replies.

~star~crash~

Ona since you asked i can report that the cash return was not proportional to the amount of time , labor and resources i put into the season... but i still wouldn't have it any other way ....(maybe less males in my crop would have helped the #'s a bit ...LOFL) the truth is i'm lucky i survived 2017 as a grower ...next year i will do better by magnitudes ...just watch me :sasmokin:

Aspenou812

Veteran
Ona since you asked i can report that the cash return was not proportional to the amount of time , labor and resources i put into the season... but i still wouldn't have it any other way ....(maybe less males in my crop would have helped the #'s a bit ...LOFL) the truth is i'm lucky i survived 2017 as a grower ...next year i will do better by magnitudes ...just watch me :sasmokin:

Just watch us BOTH..... Im so close to making my goal a reality.... 2017 sucked ass...

onavelzy

Veteran

I can be crass and oblivious. I'm sorry if I spoke out of line. I was just thinking academically about perceptions with regards to work we enjoy and work we don't. As you stated, even if we earn less, work we enjoy is worth much more to us than profitable drudgery.

No one here is doubting either one of you crushing this and future grows. That's why you're both followed so much. Respect to you both.

:tiphat:

~star~crash~

Just watch us BOTH..... Im so close to making my goal a reality.... 2017 sucked ass...

hey Aspen on your next harvest don't be afraid to keep stuff for yourself ...it's your weed don't give it all away for free ...it's nice to share but also think of yourself

I can be crass and oblivious. I'm sorry if I spoke out of line. I was just thinking academically about perceptions with regards to work we enjoy and work we don't. As you stated, even if we earn less, work we enjoy is worth much more to us than profitable drudgery.

No one here is doubting either one of you crushing this and future grows. That's why you're both followed so much. Respect to you both.

:tiphat:

did not take it that way :)

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
theres no way i could make at any job what i make in one month growing !!!! thats why i quit driving for a living & replaced it with growing .....

i just wish i could put money away ! especially for times like this where i have no harvests for the next 2 months ..... its gonna hurt fer sure ! but its also a learning experience so it never happens again . i will be stashing money from now on !!!

onavelzy

Veteran
theres no way i could make at any job what i make in one month growing !!!! thats why i quit driving for a living & replaced it with growing .....

i just wish i could put money away ! especially for times like this where i have no harvests for the next 2 months ..... its gonna hurt fer sure ! but its also a learning experience so it never happens again . i will be stashing money from now on !!!

When I got my first legit job where I was actually making a living, I got one of those 'personal finance' books. This was by Jane Bryant Quinn. And the one thing I remember out of that book was, "Pay yourself first!"

dansbuds

ICMag Donor
Veteran
When I got my first legit job where I was actually making a living, I got one of those 'personal finance' books. This was by Jane Bryant Quinn. And the one thing I remember out of that book was, "Pay yourself first!"

my biggest problem is i can't say no to anyone in need & it seems like everyones got thier freakin hand out !!! had to put a stop to that !!! i was broke & harvesting 3lbs a month !!! WTF ???

moved a buddy up from Fla when he hit rock bottom , moved my sister in law in after her husband killed himself .... my freakin kids think i'm a loan institution ...... etc ...... I had to say NO MORE !!! now i'm in poverty till next harvest & where is everybody ???? the only ones offering help are people i've never met but got to know pretty well ........ Aspens favorite quote .... FML !!!

dansbuds

ICMag Donor
Veteran
lol .... yeah i can agree with that !

sorry for dumpin all this shit in your thread dude , have been in a mood all day because ....... well people SUCK !!!

Aspenou812

Veteran
For sure I learned that lesson Star... All those people that were in such need have disapeered from my life sence I do t have anything to give... Funny how that works... Me and Dan are in the same Boat because of the same reason... FML... This time if I don't have 11 a gram the lid ain't conning off the bucket... And its not conning off for less than a 100.... Hate to be that way... But I have done and done for others and where are they now that I need 400 dollars.... Gone and they can stay that way...

Aspenou812

Veteran
My bud is going to fly out of the buckets... This area is still bone dry.... Bone Dry.... And I hope it stays that way till my harvest.... Hate to be like that but...

Vanilla Phoenix

Super Lurker
ICMag Donor
Not sure the prices in your area, but even 11/gram seems generous to me! :biglaugh: As nameless puts it, I bust heads! Lol. Where I live, there is nothing but California crap being shipped in though. I have no competition. And my ppl aren't gonna buy the kiefed and shipped in 2nd rate garbage.

I used to give handouts too, dans. I finally stopped after years and years of doing for others. And all those ppl disappeared. My wallet is the happiest it’s ever been and my stress level is rock bottom. Occasionally one of those ppl will call, but I never answer. Hell, I won’t even front anyone anymore either. You’d be real surprised how fast “broke” ppl can find money when you tell them you can’t front anyone anymore, and they know you’re not gonna budge. I forget who said it on here recently, but they are right...Walmart doesn’t front merchandise, why dafuq should I????

Aspenou812

Veteran
Not sure the prices in your area, but even 11/gram seems generous to me! :biglaugh: As nameless puts it, I bust heads! Lol. Where I live, there is nothing but California crap being shipped in though. I have no competition. And my ppl aren't gonna buy the kiefed and shipped in 2nd rate garbage.

I used to give handouts too, dans. I finally stopped after years and years of doing for others. And all those ppl disappeared. My wallet is the happiest it’s ever been and my stress level is rock bottom. Occasionally one of those ppl will call, but I never answer. Hell, I won’t even front anyone anymore either. You’d be real surprised how fast “broke” ppl can find money when you tell them you can’t front anyone anymore, and they know you’re not gonna budge. I forget who said it on here recently, but they are right...Walmart doesn’t front merchandise, why dafuq should I????

I get 11 a gram because i dont sell to the masses... I have a young guy that sells for me... about 15 a g is all you will get here in my town... so he gets 3 a g and smokes for free....

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
lol .... yeah i can agree with that !

sorry for dumpin all this shit in your thread dude , have been in a mood all day because ....... well people SUCK !!!

I've been kinda lurking on this one. Creepy huh.:smoke:

One thing I've noticed since I started growing is that it creates hangers on. It would be easy to see these people evaporating if I was in a pinch. For me, it's better to tell some people that I stopped just because I don't need the bullshit.

dansbuds

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I get 11 a gram because i dont sell to the masses... I have a young guy that sells for me... about 15 a g is all you will get here in my town... so he gets 3 a g and smokes for free....

even 15 a gram is cheap ! gram slingers here get 20 to 25 per , 20 for mids & 25 for kind .

~star~crash~

charge whatever you want ...it's whatever you can get ...the market will reveal itself to you! ...myself i'm usually very generous with my counts and they ALWAYS will remember that

Status
Not open for further replies.