What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

~Star~Crash~ All & Everything

flower~power

~Star~Crash~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I haven't ever heard of anyone having a problem. Everyone around me has them and as soon as the power goes out, which is often around here, I'm surrounded by the chorus of Generac as I sit in the dark lol

You can get them plumbed into the natural gas or any type of fuel you want to run. Propane is an excellent option. They it starts no matter what the weather is.
My house is too small to get a true back up generator( the kind that starts automatically When the power goes out )there’s certain codes and distances from any doors or windows. My house is too compact. That’s why I’m going for the portable back up style.

flower~power

~Star~Crash~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
4AD000B8-9C4C-4DEA-90DE-B02E2BD6F5E1.jpeg
93CA2754-D2EA-44B5-90F2-294FE65E5C35.jpeg
That’s a 50 amp inlet The other side of the panel

oldmaninbc

Don’t cows like beer?
The beef ranch I lived on produced their own silage. It was possible that within that process that alcohol could be produced.

Doing an experiment for a biology class, you hollow a carrot, put some molasses in and natural yeasts in the air will produce alcohol, smells like rum. I'm not sure I got that right, it was about selective permeation, anyhow?

flower~power

~Star~Crash~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The beef ranch I lived on produced their own silage. It was possible that within that process that alcohol could be produced.

Doing an experiment for a biology class, you hollow a carrot, put some molasses in and natural yeasts in the air will produce alcohol, smells like rum.
I know that breweries have a long fed the byproducts to cattle & Japanese wagyu farmers give their cows beer

Treetroit City

Moderately Super
Veteran
It’ll get me by…keep the furnace on keep the refrigerator on keep the aquariums running and give me a little bit of electricity to burn
I can pretty much run our whole house on 30 amps as long as I’m mindful of things.
But we run AC in the summer or heat in the winter. As long as we don’t run the microwave while along with the hairdryer we go about our business like normal.

flower~power

~Star~Crash~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I can pretty much run our whole house on 30 amps as long as I’m mindful of things.
But we run AC in the summer or heat in the winter. As long as we don’t run the microwave while along with the hairdryer we go about our business like normal.
I bet you were thinking epic generators during all those power outages that you had to endure. The thought Must’ve crossed your mind even though I have never heard of a large grow running on generators like the large outdoor diesel generators some of those CalI grows did.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
at the restaurant i worked at the owner installed a big ass diesel generator,taught me how to get it fired up...mainly so we could keep all the chest freezers going with the 4000 lbs of halibut and the walk in cooler...so the power goes out one day,so i'm running around shutting off breakers we don't need and going step by step through the checklist to fire the thing up,get it going,start to parcel out the power so we can open the restaurant...and sure enough,the power comes back on....so now i'm going through the shutdown checklist,get that all squared away,and sure enough,friggin power goes out again!

living on a small island in alaska isn't for the faint hearted

acespicoli

screenshot-cdn.powerequipment.honda.com-2024.08.31-20_54_53.png

Fuel Tank Capacity8.19 gal.
Run Time per Tankful5.4 hrs @ rated load, 7.9 hrs @1/2 load

thats a expensive purchase id think you might find one for 2k
:thinking: I ended up having to use a adapter like one of these below

• NEMA L5-20R, 20 Amp, 125 Volt 3-Prong Locking Outlet
  • NEMA L5-30R, 30 Amp, 125 Volt 3-Prong Locking Outlet
  • NEMA L14-20R, 20 Amp, 125/250 Volt 4-Prong Locking Outlet
  • NEMA L14-30R, 30 Amp, 125/250 Volt 4-Prong Locking Outlet
  • NEMA 14-50R, 50 Amp, 125/250 Volt Straight-Blade Outlet
screenshot-www.google.com-2024.08.31-21_03_52.png

both 50 amps youll run a cord from the generator,
your breaker has the transfer switch for going from shore power to generator ?
looks like a manual lockout plate :thinking:
1725153114600.png

This is the one I got you can hook two together in parallel
That one your looking at is a beast 😃

Last edited: