What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

~Star~Crash~ All & Everything

Sub24ox7

Got most of the corn patch weeded..
IMG_5319.jpeg
IMG_5320.jpeg

Drumskinz

I should retire right now and just grow tomatoes
That really would not be retiring…tomato plants need very similar TLC just like weed …if ya let ’em grow too bushy ya get a lot of foliage and smaller yield of fruit plus aeration is key to keep PM and blight from taking over your plants…especially here in wine country of New York’s Finger Lakes

Treetroit City

Moderately Super
Veteran
That really would not be retiring…tomato plants need very similar TLC just like weed …if ya let ’em grow too bushy ya get a lot of foliage and smaller yield of fruit plus aeration is key to keep PM and blight from taking over your plants…especially here in wine country of New York’s Finger Lakes
Aeration as in the plant as a whole? Or the soil or? I’m assuming you mean maximizing the air flow throughout the plant but I don’t like to assume.

Morning all.

flower~power

~Star~Crash~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I’ve heard that large vegetable gardens are much more work than large marijuana Gardens …what’s your opinion?

Drumskinz

Aeration as in the plant as a whole? Or the soil or? I’m assuming you mean maximizing the air flow throughout the plant but I don’t like to assume.

Morning all.
Yes the air flow throughout the plant…just like with weed I defoliate the bottom 12 to 18 inches to get that air flow happening…don’t know for sure but my first garden’s here 30 years ago I did not have to worry about my tomato plants getting PM and blight…now with all these grape vineyards popping up all over the place and the spraying they do to protect the grapes I’ve noticed alloy more diseare affecting my garden…even this year I never had anything happen to my pepper plants…this year they got what looks like septoria leaf which is the beginning of blight on tomatoes…kills the plants from ground up

Drumskinz

Oh, wow! I thought they were like 40 or 50 gal or something.
They're big sized plants already!
1/2 kg / 1 lb per plant is no small crop.

The more I grow, the more I just want to through everything in huge pots so I don't have to water so much!
I use 65 gallons bags for 12 plants outdoors and it takes a shit ton of water for it to seep out of them bags and I’ve gotten 2 or more lbs.of of some of them plants

Drumskinz

I’ve heard that large vegetable gardens are much more work than large marijuana Gardens …what’s your opinion?
Depending on how your operation for either is set up…my garden is 40x80 and without the ground cover I laid down and the drip system I installed…I would never get ahead of it…same with weed getting as automated as possible cuts down on a lot of extra work…which gives you more time to do the dreaded pruning routine and such…right now I’ve got broccoli to harvest and Napa cabbage…the Napa cabbage I’m gonna do my maiden voyage into making kimchi in a water sealed crock

Latest posts

Latest posts