What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

~Star~Crash~ All & Everything

flower~power

~Star~Crash~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
84B66633-8F84-4DEF-892C-9ABFB46D59D2.jpeg
31C0418A-E258-4ACB-87A1-8BB1CC67FF6B.jpeg
0880C4EE-9A42-497B-B3F4-9449C63D084D.jpeg
EDDB6AD6-6EB0-4AA6-B23E-999FEDFAD4F7.jpeg
36224ACE-0728-4C0C-B341-7A9658CDEA46.jpeg
4E40C59F-908E-4FB8-8AC9-EFA69B052E06.jpeg

Loriented

I wonder why, rabbits are herbivores but so are cattle, what makes rabbit pellets cool manure?
Cow manure is considered a "cool" manure, which is produced by herbivores and is rich in minerals, micronutrients, and macronutrients. In contrast, "hot" manures are produced by carnivores and omnivores, like chickens and pigs, and are high in nutrients, especially nitrogen

Rabbit manure differs from cow manure in several ways, including:

• Nutrient content

Rabbit manure is four times richer in nutrients than cow manure. Fresh rabbit manure contains 2.4% nitrogen, 1.4% phosphorus, and 0.6% potassium. It also contains other minerals and micronutrients, such as magnesium, zinc, and calcium.

• Temperature

Rabbit manure is considered a "cold" manure, meaning it doesn't need to be aged or composted before use. It breaks down quickly and won't burn plant roots.

• Soil structure

As it breaks down, rabbit manure improves soil porosity and stability, and helps it retain nutrients for plants. It also builds loam by adding hummus and attracting earthworms.

• Odor

Rabbit manure can have a distinctive odor, similar to hydrogen sulfide, which is also produced when humans eat a lot of sauerkraut or coleslaw.

It is
four times more potent than horse or cow manure and twice as rich as what chickens can produce, partly because those manures lose nutrients while you wait for them to be useful.

flower~power

~Star~Crash~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
This is where I'm at right now (pic bellow). I'm re-arranging stuff to make a table for a F&D tray, but not F&D this time just top feeding and draining, so it doesn't need to hold lots of weight from water, other wise it may look a little week. I need room between the buckets for a res. and the F&D fits will be on the left and right side of the room

Do any of you have inputs/suggestions that I might not be seeing

View attachment 19038058
Looks tight

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
Looks tight
the 2x3's are not screwed to the "table piece" and they all can move around with out weight. I also realized I need to raise the light and the fan up all the way. If everything was all set up, plants and watering systems, I'd have to take everything out to reach the light and the fan with the ladder. Don't tell any one I quickly used the step ladder, only two steps up...

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
Cow manure is considered a "cool" manure, which is produced by herbivores and is rich in minerals, micronutrients, and macronutrients. In contrast, "hot" manures are produced by carnivores and omnivores, like chickens and pigs, and are high in nutrients, especially nitrogen

Rabbit manure differs from cow manure in several ways, including:

• Nutrient content

Rabbit manure is four times richer in nutrients than cow manure. Fresh rabbit manure contains 2.4% nitrogen, 1.4% phosphorus, and 0.6% potassium. It also contains other minerals and micronutrients, such as magnesium, zinc, and calcium.

• Temperature

Rabbit manure is considered a "cold" manure, meaning it doesn't need to be aged or composted before use. It breaks down quickly and won't burn plant roots.

• Soil structure

As it breaks down, rabbit manure improves soil porosity and stability, and helps it retain nutrients for plants. It also builds loam by adding hummus and attracting earthworms.

• Odor

Rabbit manure can have a distinctive odor, similar to hydrogen sulfide, which is also produced when humans eat a lot of sauerkraut or coleslaw.

It is
four times more potent than horse or cow manure and twice as rich as what chickens can produce, partly because those manures lose nutrients while you wait for them to be useful.

K ++++++++ for that post my friend!

flower~power

~Star~Crash~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
the 2x3's are not screwed to the "table piece" and they all can move around with out weight. I also realized I need to raise the light and the fan up all the way. If everything was all set up, plants and watering systems, I'd have to take everything out to reach the light and the fan with the ladder. Don't tell any one I quickly used the step ladder, only two steps up...
I work the same way. Everything seems to be an evolution in progress.

flower~power

~Star~Crash~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Today’s picture perfect and then it’s going to get hot. I’m going to rearrange some of the plants that haven’t really been photographed yet and there’s a shit ton of basic plant maintenance then including property maintenance. :oops: With the larger plants, more netting and staking within, the framework is required.

Latest posts

Latest posts