What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

~Star~Crash~ All & Everything

flower~power

~Star~Crash~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
C76FB88E-690C-4C0B-A6E0-8AA48F3FC6FA.jpeg
1332142D-E337-47F6-9B4C-93B0F5B4EA05.jpeg
E9FD5A4C-F671-41D6-80EE-EB0E086043F6.jpeg
1D6F50FD-3C36-4088-A121-47AA122A4039.jpeg
5612A10C-82FD-4926-B1B8-229481D48C24.jpeg
C76FB88E-690C-4C0B-A6E0-8AA48F3FC6FA.jpeg
1332142D-E337-47F6-9B4C-93B0F5B4EA05.jpeg
E9FD5A4C-F671-41D6-80EE-EB0E086043F6.jpeg
1D6F50FD-3C36-4088-A121-47AA122A4039.jpeg
5612A10C-82FD-4926-B1B8-229481D48C24.jpeg
IMG_3269.gif

flower~power

~Star~Crash~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
been ballin' a shiny black steel jack-hammer
Been chippin' up rocks for the great highway
I live five years if I take my time
Ballin' that jack and drinkin' my wine

I been chippin' them rocks from dawn till doom
While my rider hide my bottle in the other room
Doctor say better stop ballin' that jack
If I live five years I gonna bust my back, yes I will

OG_NoMan

Not Veteran
Couldn't you just tie the pots to the pallets for now. At least it will keep them upright until you get all your posts put in. Tough working in this heat, stay safe.

Lotto

Flower
Have you thought of re- bar rods. Drive a 5' rod into a drainage hole in the plastic containers and sink it 2' in the ground. That along with the T posts you're using for support will keep them upright. The fabric pots will want to lean and rip. They might need an extra support.
In 2 months you know how much heavier the plants will be.Supports are a pain to dismantel but still less work than fixing the mess every week.

I've used re-bar rods for container grown trees and shrubs for years. Cheaper than T posts but a bit harder to remove.

flower~power

~Star~Crash~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
What a shit show. Oh my God completely absurd. I had to leave. I lost the battle when the wind picked up plants kept knocking over. I kept trying to stand them up. I couldn’t get post or lines tied down fast enough. I ended up, just knocking everything over and leaving …Power went out as well

flower~power

~Star~Crash~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Couldn't you just tie the pots to the pallets for now. At least it will keep them upright until you get all your posts put in. Tough working in this heat, stay safe.

Flower
Have you thought of re- bar rods. Drive a 5' rod into a drainage hole in the plastic containers and sink it 2' in the ground. That along with the T posts you're using for support will keep them upright. The fabric pots will want to lean and rip. They might need an extra support.
In 2 months you know how much heavier the plants will be.Supports are a pain to dismantel but still less work than fixing the mess every week.

I've used re-bar rods for container grown trees and shrubs for years. Cheaper than T posts but a bit harder to remove.
I’m not sure how I’m gonna handle this ..The wind decimated the plants they are so top-heavy.
Dump day for the old rootballs and plant frames. Dispose of 17 plants and rootballs and some of the wife’s garden trash for five bucks. Not a bad deal.
Looks like I was first there today.

View attachment 19033690

I love cats they always bring a smile to my face.

No damage, just knocked over? I hope that's the case, I've grown enough plants to feel the anxiety when this happens.
To secure your pots to the pallets, there must be a few ways to accomplish this.

Ratchet strap the bags to the pallets

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
Mother nature is testing us. There is no winning just managing. Struggling to manage today myself. This weather is something else.

Another 3/4" rain today so far. 3/4" yesterday followed the 1.5" over the weekend. Def don't need to water anything around here. Wind launched my farm stand across the road wrecking everything. Then I noticed the deer broke in the fence and ate my tomatoes. This is where you can add your favorite obscenities as I've used all mine...

flower~power

~Star~Crash~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It was almost comical. It was like a comical skit out there. I’m running around, pushing plants back up and then the next one gets knocked down and I’m running around again like a chicken with his head, cut off, frantically pounding posts and trying to get everything lined up. I finally gave up …felt a little bit better.

flower~power

~Star~Crash~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If I was smart, I should’ve just gently lied everything down on the ground from the very beginning, before they got pounded and decimated ..I could see hear branch and stem snapping

oldmaninbc

As a X guerilla grower of many decades. You wouldn't believe all the catastrophes that ruined my plants. It really is quite amazing that it didn't frustrate me to the point of quitting earlier than it did. Problems are part of any work project but when you lose money enough times, it's time to call it quits.

Flower... I hope it's not as bad as it looks.

Latest posts

Latest posts