What's new

Split from : The Complete guide to Sick Plants,pH, and Pest troubles!

MynameStitch

Dr. Doolittle
Mentor
Veteran
Alright this is the first problem i have encountered so far and i have spent countless hours scouring the net for an answer but no luck. i have little brown spots forming on a few of my leaves and it is on more and more leaves by the day. also my stem is deep purple in some places and striped purple in others. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP! Also, this is the only plant out of 9 that are having the brown spot problem. quite a few others are having the purple stem prob.

How long has this problem been going on? - less than a week.

What STRAIN are you growing? - Blue Mystic from regular seed.

What is the age of your plants? - 1 month plus a few days.

What substrate/medium are you using? What brand of soil mixture are you using?(percentage of perlite, vermiculite...etc?) - 50% peat moss, 25%verm, 25%perlite.

What brand Nutrient's are you using? - Earth Juice-grow,bloom,micro,+ a little superthrive.

How much of each nutrient are you using with how much water? - 3/4 strength.

How often are you feeding? - when the container is light, like its dry, i water/feed. so like every 3 or 4 days.

What size bulb are you using? - 400w MH. its a new bulb.

What is the canopy temperature? - 79F +/-3.
What water are you using? 50% dehumidifier water(runoff tray and container is kept clean) and 50% tap. bubbled and open for 24hrs.

Are plant's infected with pest's? - no.

The spotting may be from a pH problem, earthjuice is acidic so are you mixing it and letting it sit out for 24 hours before using it?

Have you tested the pH? That spotting can be caused by pH not being stable......

Dehumidifier water is almost pure and is considered to be hardly any nutrients so your plants are relying fully on your grow and micronutrients. It's like if you were using RO water.

First I would test the pH if you have not done so, your mixture is acidic to begin with if not enough lime is added and if your not mixing earthjuice properly and letting it sit it will being the pH down even farther.
I would considering getting a pH pen if you can spare the cash.

If not pH test strips that have proper pH range in them. like pH range 4-10
Some test strips don't have a wide enough range and are not recommended for using.

First check the pH, if the pH is in check then you need to bump up the bloom a little bit, spotting like that either caused by pH or phosphorus problem.

the stems you are talking about is normal, that is a normal purple color, some have deep purple; purple can be a sign of a pHos problem, but that is not an accurate way to say it has one, because of cannabis genes, the color on petioles and stems can vary.

MynameStitch

Dr. Doolittle
Mentor
Veteran
aww shucks! Thanks Fishwater :D
Things are going good, just been really busy with spring-summer transition. Getting the pool up and the garden going and the pond cleaning, the weeds were getting out of control around the pool, so I had to rake up the rocks and lay down new landscaping paper. That is a job let me tell ya!
I do a lot of landscaping work around here and upkeep the yard and the house so it gets busy a lot of times.

how have you been doing? Hope all is well!

-CaveMan-

How long has this problem been going on? about 10 days
What STRAIN are you growing? KC Brains NL Special, Indica pheno
What was the establishing technique? (seed or clone?) clones
What is the age of your plants?~37 days
How long have they been in the soil mixture they are in now?today is third day
Were they in the same mixture when they were seedlings/smaller plant? If not, what mixture were they in before?No, at first they were in turf, ment for indoor flowers. Now they're in turf+perlite+compost soil
How Tall are the plants?33cm/13 inch
What PHASE (seedling, vegetative or flower) are the plants in?went in flower yesterday
What Technique are you using? (SOG, SCROG etc)none, topped them at week 4 of veg
What size pots are you using? (Include how many subjects to pot)transplanted them to 7l pots ~3d ago. 1 plant per pot
What substrate/medium are you using? What brand of soil mixture are you using?(percentage of perlite, vermiculite...etc?)~15-20% perlite+turf+compost soil
What brand Nutrient's are you using?Biobizz grow and bloom
How much of each nutrient are you using with how much water? 1ml per 1,5l of water*Knowing the brand is very helpful*
How often are you feeding?within every watering over 2 days
If flowering, when did you switch over to using Bloom nutrients?haven't used them yet. When should i start to?
What order are you mixing your nutrients? (example: veg nutes 1st, bloom 2nd ect)
What is the TDS/EC/PPM of your nutrients used?
What is the pH of the "RUN-OFF"?
How often are you testing pH/ppm/EC/TDS?tested last time, it was a bit under 7
What method of pH test was administered? Using Strips? pH pen?strips
How often are you watering?over 2-3 days
When was your last feeding and how often are you feeding?2 days ago; every watering
What size bulb are you using?400w HPS
How old is your bulbs?i've made 2 grows with it, used only for flowering, so about 4,5months
What is the distance to the canopy?about 53cm/21inches
What is your RH Factor? (Relative Humidity)lights and vent on- 15-20%; lights and vent off- 40-50%
What is the canopy temperature?27C-29C mostly
What is the Day/Night Temp? (Include fluctuation range)day-27-29C; night 17-20C
What is the current Air Flow? (cfm etc.)
Tell us about your ventilation, intake exhaust and when its running and not running ?i got 250m3/h exhaust + a fan blowing air on plants
Is the fan blowing directly at plants?yes, not on tops but it's directed to blow between plants
Is the grow substrate constantly wet or moist?no, i let it almost dry out, then water
Is your water HARD or SOFT?rather hard
What water are you using? Reverse Osmosis (RO)? Tap? Bottled? Well water? Distilled? Mineral Water?tap
If using tap water, what is the ppm/EC/TDS of the water right out of the tap?(Only if you have a tds pen)
If using RO,Distilled,mineral water, what is the ppm/EC/TDS without any additives?(Only if you have a tds pen)
Are you using water from a water softener?no
Has plant been recently pruned, cloned or pinched?no
Have any pest chemicals been used? If so what and when?none
Are plant's infected with pest's?no

Here's how leaves on upper tips look. They have these yellow stripes on them, what might it be?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

And some of the bottom leaves have some pale yellow spots on, like this:

Maj.Cottonmouth

We are Farmers
Veteran
Potassium def?

Potassium def?

Hiya Stitch, I'm back :wave:

I appear to be having a potassium deficiency in one of my plants but I will explain below, now for the facts.

How long has this problem been going on? About 10 days
What STRAIN are you growing? Arjan’s Haze x Cinnamon
What was the establishing technique? (seed or clone?) Seed
What is the age of your plants? 14 weeks veg and 4 weeks flower
How long have they been in the soil mixture they are in now? Always
Were they in the same mixture when they were seedlings/smaller plant? Yes
How Tall are the plants? 4 foot monsters
What PHASE (seedling, vegetative or flower) are the plants in? They have been in flower for 4 weeks
What Technique are you using? (SOG, SCROG etc) Topped once in veg
What size pots are you using? (Include how many subjects to pot) 5 gallon Smart Pots
What substrate/medium are you using? What brand of soil mixture are you using?(percentage of perlite, vermiculite...etc?) Roots Organics soil straight out of bag
What brand Nutrient's are you using? I was using the full line of Roots Organics nutes but switched to GH Flora 3 part 2 weeks ago
How much of each nutrient are you using with how much water? Per gallon, 5ml FloraMicro, 10ml FloraGrow and 15ml FloraBloom and about .3ml ph down
How often are you feeding? Fed by blumat auto watering device
If flowering, when did you switch over to using Bloom nutrients? 2 weeks into flower
What order are you mixing your nutrients? I add the Micro to water and mix, add Grow then mix, add Bloom then mix, add pH down and mix
What is the TDS/EC/PPM of your nutrients used? Res is currently at 1.8 EC and 6.3 pH
What is the pH of the "RUN-OFF"? No run off
How often are you testing pH/ppm/EC/TDS? Rarely, it has not been changing
What method of pH test was administered? Using Strips? pH pen? Milwaukee pH 600 pen
How often are you watering? N/A
When was your last feeding and how often are you feeding? N/A
What size bulb are you using? Two 400W CMH and one 1000w HPS
How old is your bulbs? 9 months for CMH and 4 months for HPS
What is the distance to the canopy? About 18” for CMH and about 24” for HPS
What is your RH Factor? (Relative Humidity) Range 37% to 56%
What is the canopy temperature? About 71F
What is the Day/Night Temp? (Include fluctuation range) Ranges from 68F to 81F
What is the current Air Flow? (cfm etc.) 265 CFM after carbon filter
Tell us about your ventilation, intake exhaust and when its running and not running? Passive intake, 265 CFM exhausted to attic always on, 1 oscillating fan 24/7 and 1 that is on and off with lights
Is the fan blowing directly at plants? Yes they both oscillate directly across plants
Is the grow substrate constantly wet or moist? Yes
Is your water HARD or SOFT? Tap water is 8.3 pH and PPM are too low to read with truncheon
What water are you using? Reverse Osmosis (RO)? Tap? Bottled? Well water? Distilled? Mineral Water? Tap water left out at least 24 hours
If using tap water, what is the ppm/EC/TDS of the water right out of the tap? Too low to read using BlueLab truncheon
Are you using water from a water softener? No
Has plant been recently pruned, cloned or pinched? No
Have any pest chemicals been used? If so what and when? No
Are plant's infected with pest's? No

So I have three Arjan's Haze x Cinnamon that are all in the same type of soil and in the same type of containers and all are being fed the exact same nutes from a reservoir using blumat auto watering devices.

What I am finding weird is that one of the plants is showing what appears to me to be a potassium deficiency but the other two look great. The issue started on some of the mature upper leaves but appears to working its way down the plant.

Would the temp of the nute solution have an effect? The plant with the issue is the first to feed off of the reservoir.

My journal for this grow is here if you want the full history but I warn you that they were pretty ugly during veg.

So here is a leaf that is showing the problem. This was taken last night and it looks worse tonight. Let me know if you want more pics.

Here is the plant with the issue

These are the other two that are not showing any problems

burnt out og'er
Veteran
Cave man,
You're looking at a mag def. I would water them once with epsom salts added @ 1 teaspoon per gallon to deal with the existing situation. Then I would add @ 1/8th to 1/4th teaspoon epsom salts per gallon of your nute solution for maintenance.

hth

burnt out og'er
Veteran
maj cottonmouth,
I'm not liking that GH three part mixing ratio you're using.
Instead of a more common 1-2-3 flowering mix (1 part grow, 2 parts micro, 3 parts bloom), it appears (by what you said) that you are instead mixing a 2-1-3 ratio. That's not enough micro and too much grow.

Also, that starting pH of your water can wreak havoc on the chem salts elements during the mixing process, leaving that poor mix ratio even more depleted on the p&k side, especially the k. I am NOT speaking about nute availability (cation exchange) in your soil, but rather how the chem salts react during mixing when they're spiking above 6.4'ish. The longer the mix sits above the mid sixes, the more damage can take place within the chem salts being mixed. You'd do better to bump that 8.3 tap water pH down closer to neutral (7.0) 'before' mixing in the gh concentrates, so the solution isn't risking any flocculation / precipitation damage during the mixing process.

I'm also seeing the beginnings of a slight tip burn on your healthier looking plants.
You might look at feeding less often or reducing the feed strength slightly.

hth,

Maj.Cottonmouth

We are Farmers
Veteran
maj cottonmouth,
Instead of a more common 1-2-3 flowering mix (1 part grow, 2 parts micro, 3 parts bloom), it appears (by what you said) that you are instead mixing a 2-1-3 ratio. That's not enough micro and too much grow.

Also, that starting pH of your water can wreak havoc on the chem salts elements during the mixing process, leaving that poor mix ratio even more depleted on the p&k side, especially the k. I am NOT speaking about nute availability (cation exchange) in your soil, but rather how the chem salts react during mixing when they're spiking above 6.4'ish. The longer the mix sits above the mid sixes, the more damage can take place within the chem salts being mixed. You'd do better to bump that 8.3 tap water pH down closer to neutral (7.0) 'before' mixing in the gh concentrates, so the solution isn't risking any flocculation / precipitation damage during the mixing process.

I'm also seeing the beginnings of a slight tip burn on your healthier looking plants.

hth,

Thanks for the reply 10k,

Yeah I notice I f'ed up the ratios and have corrected it now in my spreadsheet and good call on others starting show, it was showing more last night.

I soaked all three with about a gallon of 6.1 pH water each and put about three gallons of the same water into the res and I will add the correct ratio of nutes to the res next time. And yeah I plan to back off the feeding a little bit.

Interesting idea about adding the pH down first, I will try this on the next batch.

Thanks again.

maj cottonmouth,

hth,

10k....if that is true with that much of a swing, when I mix my RO water with House and Garden Cocos A&B, my water at start is at 7.0, but after adding A&B, it drops to around 3.8. I should treat the same and get that ph up ASAP?

FinestKind

Exactly 1/2 of my plants are showing this!

Exactly 1/2 of my plants are showing this!

Hello Stitch! Welcome back... I'm not exactly sure what happened with you, but I hope all is okay now.

So, this is happening to exactly 1/2 of my plants (24 out of 48)... please take a look! Thanks! (Oh, this feeding, which happened today, I upped the Grow and the Micro by 50% each... please tell me that wasn't a mistake!)

How long has this problem been going on? About a week
What STRAIN are you growing? Early Misty from Nirvana
What was the establishing technique? (seed or clone?) Clones
What is the age of your plants? They are 6 weeks old (4 weeks into flowering)
How long have they been in the soil mixture they are in now? 4 Weeks
Were they in the same mixture when they were seedlings/smaller plant? If not, what mixture were they in before? Yes, same mixture
How Tall are the plants? 12 to 18 inches
What PHASE (seedling, vegetative or flower) are the plants in? Flower
What Technique are you using? (SOG, SCROG etc) Perpetual harvest
What size pots are you using? (Include how many subjects to pot) 3 gallon pots, 1 per pot.
What substrate/medium are you using? What brand of soil mixture are you using?(percentage of perlite, vermiculite...etc?) Pro-Mix with an additional 2TB/ gal of dolomite lime.
What brand Nutrient's are you using? Earth Juice
How much of each nutrient are you using with how much water? *Knowing the brand is very helpful* I'm following Jman's schedule, which varies some week to week...
How often are you feeding? Every watering/ once every 8 days.
If flowering, when did you switch over to using Bloom nutrients? At flowering, but the Grow has been part of the mix as well.
What order are you mixing your nutrients? (example: veg nutes 1st, bloom 2nd ect) Lighter liquids first, then heavier... they are also bubbling in a tea for 3 days before use.
What is the TDS/EC/PPM of your nutrients used? N/A
What is the pH of the "RUN-OFF"? The one I checked today was 6.0... usually they seem to be closer to 6.3... I was a little surprised by this actually.
How often are you testing pH/ppm/EC/TDS? Checking pH every couple of weeks
What method of pH test was administered? Using Strips? pH pen? pH Pen
How often are you watering? Once every 8 days
When was your last feeding and how often are you feeding? Today, and every 8 days.
What size bulb are you using? 2x600 HPS stationary, and 1x1000 HPS on a light rail.
How old is your bulbs? Less than a year
What is the distance to the canopy? 10 to 12 inches.
What is your RH Factor? (Relative Humidity) 60%
What is the canopy temperature? 85 to 90 (I know it's high- I'm working on it)
What is the Day/Night Temp? (Include fluctuation range) 85 to 90 day, high 70's at night.
What is the current Air Flow? (cfm etc.) 440 CFM's in a closed room (just sucking through sealed lights)
Tell us about your ventilation, intake exhaust and when its running and not running ? It runs when the lights are on, also 2 fans 24/7 blowing gently above the tops.
Is the fan blowing directly at plants? Grazing the tops, yes.
Is the grow substrate constantly wet or moist? No
Is your water HARD or SOFT? Soft
What water are you using? Reverse Osmosis (RO)? Tap? Bottled? Well water? Distilled? Mineral Water? Well
If using tap water, what is the ppm/EC/TDS of the water right out of the tap?(Only if you have a tds pen) Dunno... Calcium Hardness is around 40 ppm
If using RO,Distilled,mineral water, what is the ppm/EC/TDS without any additives?(Only if you have a tds pen)
Are you using water from a water softener? No
Has plant been recently pruned, cloned or pinched? No
Have any pest chemicals been used? If so what and when? N/A
Are plant's infected with pest's? No.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 20
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 17
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 17
Thx Stich, great thread (the sticky that is), very interesting, should have found it earlier when I did all of the errors ;)
Thread is bookmarked and ready for future ref......

MynameStitch

Dr. Doolittle
Mentor
Veteran
Ug, I just lost my post!
Finest, since they are in 4 weeks of flowering do nothing, this is normal!
Stop giving it more nitrogen and drop the amount to low, bty giving them more you are causing your plants to keep in more nitrogen and a poor smoke it will be, the more nutes you got in the plant the longer the flush can take and the more harsh the smoke will be, cut back on the nitrogen almost completely.

Now if this was a problem in very early flowering, then you would have a nitrogen deficiency and the fix would be just like you did now, by upping the N dosage.

promix is a lot of peat moss which is acidic, by you adding more lime to the mixture you were raising the pH of the mixture, this is why the mixture is closer to 6.3 like you said.

I do not see a pH problem though.
when you water your plants, do you let the water come out of the bottom of the pots?

Also since you water/feed everywatering your plants are showing droopy leaves, this could be caused by a couple of things, one over watering/amount of water per size of the plant/pot size.
you should always have a water in-between feedings, or at least every 2 feedings, this flushes out buildup of leftover salts the plant did not use in the mixture.

Next watering I would just water, do not use food....
also depending on the amount of water you use, you got to be careful, because the ones that droopy leaves look like they got too much water and overwatering/amount of water per size of the pot/plant nitrogen goes with hand in hand with overwatering/amount.....
so if your plants are showing moisture problems, it's not from overwatering, but the amount of water to the size of the pots they are in, they have plenty of space in those 3 gallon pots and you could easily overwater them with the amount of water you may be using......

FinestKind

Ug, I just lost my post!
Finest, since they are in 4 weeks of flowering do nothing, this is normal!
Stop giving it more nitrogen and drop the amount to low, bty giving them more you are causing your plants to keep in more nitrogen and a poor smoke it will be, the more nutes you got in the plant the longer the flush can take and the more harsh the smoke will be, cut back on the nitrogen almost completely.

Now if this was a problem in very early flowering, then you would have a nitrogen deficiency and the fix would be just like you did now, by upping the N dosage.

promix is a lot of peat moss which is acidic, by you adding more lime to the mixture you were raising the pH of the mixture, this is why the mixture is closer to 6.3 like you said.

I do not see a pH problem though.
when you water your plants, do you let the water come out of the bottom of the pots?

Also since you water/feed everywatering your plants are showing droopy leaves, this could be caused by a couple of things, one over watering/amount of water per size of the plant/pot size.
you should always have a water in-between feedings, or at least every 2 feedings, this flushes out buildup of leftover salts the plant did not use in the mixture.

Next watering I would just water, do not use food....
also depending on the amount of water you use, you got to be careful, because the ones that droopy leaves look like they got too much water and overwatering/amount of water per size of the pot/plant nitrogen goes with hand in hand with overwatering/amount.....
so if your plants are showing moisture problems, it's not from overwatering, but the amount of water to the size of the pots they are in, they have plenty of space in those 3 gallon pots and you could easily overwater them with the amount of water you may be using......

Hello Stitch!

Thanks for the response... Wil-co on the laying off the Nitrogen... I was planning on just doing an H20 cycle next time anyway. The Earth Juice grow is pretty weak in N anyway (it's only 2-1-1 I believe) and I had been giving 2 tsp per gallon, which is why I panicked and gave a little more...

Yes, I do water through every time... and yes, the pots (even after 8 days) still have some residual moisture in them... probably should have gone with 2 gallon pots instead of three... live and learn. The top few inches are definitely dry, but my moisture probe shows it pretty well pegged to the top, indicating the soil is still pretty wet. Oddly enough, it doesn't usually do this, usually after a week they are pretty dry, although a 2 week as opposed to 3 week veg this time could have made all the difference.

Perhaps I'll let them dry out completely this time around before watering with plain water, does this make sense?

Thanks so much, your help is IMMENSELY appreciated!

FK

WauiGreen

Thanks for the post Stitch, I'm a newbie grower and this has been so usefull, especially the pictures. Have done quite a few things wrong but the plants seem to be on the mend now thanks to your guide. Just what us newbie growers need.:thank you:

ravvysan

What STRAIN are you growing? bubblegum, hash spice, ppp, snow white, swiss cheese
What was the establishing technique? (seed or clone?) seed
What is the age of your plants? 5-6weeks
How long have they been in the soil mixture they are in now? 2-3 weeks
Were they in the same mixture when they were seedlings/smaller plant? If not, what mixture were they in before? straight coco coir
How Tall are the plants? most are around 12"
What PHASE (seedling, vegetative or flower) are the plants in? veg
What size pots are you using? 10" right now
What substrate/medium are you using? mixture of MG organic potting mix/coco coir/perlite/dolomite lime/bone meal/blood meal/dash of Espoma Plant-tone, not sure about exact ratios
What brand Nutrient's are you using? Earth Juice Grow, Bloom, Micro, plus molasses, fish emulsion occasionally, and i have EJ Meta K but haven't used it yet
How much of each nutrient are you using with how much water? roughly 1Tbs Grow + 2 tsp Bloom + 1 tsp micro + 1 Tbs molasses per gallon, bubbled for several days
How often are you feeding? every 3-4 days
What order are you mixing your nutrients? all at once, just dump em in and bubble
What is the TDS/EC/PPM of your nutrients used? no meter
What is the pH of the "RUN-OFF"? around 6-6.25
How often are you testing pH/ppm/EC/TDS? each watering is tested
What method of pH test was administered? Hanna pHep pH pen
How often are you watering? just realized i need to be inserting a watering only every third time, started today
When was your last feeding and how often are you feeding? was feeding every time, 3-4 days apart
What size bulb are you using? 1 400W MH and 1 400W HPS
How old is your bulbs? new, Hortilux Blue and Hortilux Super HPS
What is the distance to the canopy? 18"
What is your RH Factor? (Relative Humidity) ???
What is the canopy temperature? 80-85
What is the Day/Night Temp? 80-85 day, 65-70 night
What is the current Air Flow? (cfm etc.) ?
Tell us about your ventilation, intake exhaust and when its running and not running ? 3100 RPM/190 cfm exhaust fan connected to carbon filter, box fan for intake
Is the fan blowing directly at plants? yes
Is the grow substrate constantly wet or moist? no, dries out between waterings
Is your water HARD or SOFT? using RO water, that strangely pH's at 8.5 or more, is this normal? our local water is extremely hard
What water are you using? Reverse Osmosis (RO)
If using RO,Distilled,mineral water, what is the ppm/EC/TDS without any additives?(Only if you have a tds pen) no pen
Has plant been recently pruned, cloned or pinched? not yet, but very soon
Have any pest chemicals been used? If so what and when? neem oil used a couple of times
Are plant's infected with pest's? yes, curse those fungus gnats....neem oil is helping though...

hey stitch, hope things are well with you and yours...i decided to go ahead and post after all. so i've had all sorts of problems and hiccups so far, but i'm slowly getting things ironed out. Here's my question: I just tested my runoff for the first time, using straight RO water that pH'd at 8.6 (first, doesn't that seems really high for RO water? i get it from the place i work, but our local water is extremely hard and often ph's around 8.5-9) anyway, my runoff was around 6 for the several i tested. soooo, i assume that means my soil is quite acidic to make such a drastic drop? I'm not really seeing any issues that look pH related, and most of the plants look fine, so should i even worry? also, on an urelated note, i do have 1 hash spice plant that's not looking very good. i don't have a pic, but will decribe it. the newest leaves are extremely twisted, even spiralled, and are a lighter green, the older leaves are drooping and many have tips that curl down. also noticed a couple of small light burn spots, not present on any other plants. any of this sound familiar? all other plants look ok, including 3 other hash spice, all get same conditions. Thanks ahead of time for any help/advice - you rock, stitch! :headbange

MynameStitch

Dr. Doolittle
Mentor
Veteran
RO water is not 8.6, if you get it localy, do you get it from a dispensary station?
Those are a gimmick, because if someone just ahead of you took 5 gallons of water and the res tank is 5 gallons, your not getting all RO water!

Do not mess with the pH if they are showing no problems.
Do not fix what is not broken!

As for the extremely twisted leaves..... you are growing different strains, so please keep in mind they all require different care so the pH may not bother one strain, but really bother the other.

I would really need to see pics on this, because twisting leaves newer growth can be caused by a variety of things.... ut I will say it sounds like you got a lockout going, your over feeding your plants, your giving them almost full strength more than once a week......

This is WHY your pH is acidic, your nutes your using are still in the soil and in very high amounts, earthjuice products are acidic and some others you use are too, you should flush your plants out with 2x the amount of water, your plants are stressed and can't take up certain nutrients/micros from being too much in the soil.

They have been in the mixture for 2-3 weeks and..

f MG organic potting mix/coco coir/perlite/dolomite lime/bone meal/blood meal/dash of Espoma Plant-tone, not sure about exact ratios

dude, your poor babies are fried to a crisp!
Seedlings need week mixture, not much of anything added and then transplanted to a mixture semi strong.....

You first need to get your plants on track, flush the hell out of them, use around 3 gallons of tap water per plant, just flush them, let them recover and I can tell you which feeding schedules you need to follow, first rule; do not go by the directions, cannabis is not like other plants, they require nutes, but not like other plants, like tomatoes and other veggie plants.

You go by the size of your plant, strain and you go by slowly increasing the food.
First thing first, get your plant flushed..... all of them!
and for the first week after the flush, use a weak amount of food, some grow and some micros and a small amount of PK..... bubble it before hand of course....
then we will go from there!

ravvysan

Hey stitch, thanks for the quick reply. I did flush all of them yesterday, so now we'll just have to wait and see. i'm pretty sure you're right about the overfeeding though, i am seeing very minor nute burn on a couple of the other plants now. i did start off with about half strength at first, but moved up to full very quickly - just a bit overzealous i guess. i will go back to half strength for a while. here's the thing....i was planning on taking cuttings in about a week, and then turning over to 12/12 cycle. will this be too much for them, since they are already pretty stressed?
oh, and i got another 5 gallons of "RO" water from work again (yeah, it comes out of one of those dispensers) - this time it's around 7.75, better but that still doesn't sound quite right. it's free for me, but what are the benefits of using the RO water anyway? since i'm bubbling it, that will get rid of the chlorine from tap water - is that the only real concern from using the tap? seems like the filtering might remove some other elements that the plant might be able to use....yes?

Latest posts

Latest posts