What's new

Split from : The Complete guide to Sick Plants,pH, and Pest troubles!

Sorry if this is off topic but does anyone know if I should be concerned with this fly (I think it is?)

Attachments

• Bug.jpg
    Bug.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 19

ravvysan

hey johnny, looks like just an average housefly to me, nothing to worry about man. unless you sleep with your mouth open....:rolleyes:

kiwiking

Can you fill out the questionere that is in the sticky sick plants guide and post it back here, the problem you are seeing in the pictures you produced looks like it happend a bit ago and I can't tell what is wrong with just that picture since the damage is old; it could be c aused by light problems in the past, but without new pictures and info I can't help you.

I am sorry to get back to you late, I have had some family problems lately and my time has been near zero.
I do not ignore anyone who asks for my help.

Yeah it's been a long while. I believe that the problem was compacted soil causing salt buildup which then caused major pH problems....sound reasonable to you? (post 1067 and 1079)

-CaveMan-

My plants are @ 3weeks in flowering, their lower leaves are getting yellow and dropping off. I know that it's N def. and i shouldn't feed them any N, but is it normal to show N def so soon? And how it affects the yield?
And why it's not suggested to add some N to feeding water while the plant is flowering?

I'm growing KC NL Special indica pheno, their flowering time should about 6-7,5 weeks.
I've grown them before, last time i had the same strain with sativa pheno. It also had problems with N during flowering, by the end of it, the plant had lost almost all of its leaves, but the yield was absolutely great! I hope they're going to be fine this time too :)

ravvysan

caveman feed plant.

caveman feed plant.

hey caveman, i haven't seen stitch on here in a little while so i'll try to answer your question (stitch, hope that's ok, don't wanna step on your toes or hijack your thread. hope to see ya back soon)
i say go ahead and give your girls a little shot o' nitrogen, it shouldn't hurt a bit. i'm no expert, but from what i've learned your plants actually use more N at the very beginning of flowering, then less and less as they progress. supposedly too much nitrogen can slow down your flowering, and make your buds taste harsh....these are the main reasons i've heard anyway. but IMHO it's ok to give them a little if they need it, just try not to overdo it. by the way, towards the end of flowering its normal for your leaves to turn yellow as the plants are using up the last of the N. this is ok, don't try to "correct" it. good luck!

FinestKind

Outdoor Grow- Fe deficiency?

Outdoor Grow- Fe deficiency?

Hello again, Stitch-

Well, I've got 6 plants growing outside, and one of them is showing these symptoms... I think it's an Iron deficiency, but I humbly submit these photos for your review... thank you!!

SOIL:

How long has this problem been going on? A couple of weeks
What STRAIN are you growing? Early Misty from Nirvana
What was the establishing technique? (seed or clone?) Clone
What is the age of your plants? Maybe 45 days
How long have they been in the soil mixture they are in now? 3 weeks
Were they in the same mixture when they were seedlings/smaller plant? If not, what mixture were they in before? Yes, same mixture
How Tall are the plants? 1 1/2 feet
What PHASE (seedling, vegetative or flower) are the plants in? Veg
What Technique are you using? (SOG, SCROG etc) None
What size pots are you using? (Include how many subjects to pot) 5 gallons, 1 per pot
What substrate/medium are you using? What brand of soil mixture are you using?(percentage of perlite, vermiculite...etc?) Pro-Mix
What brand Nutrient's are you using? Espoma Plant-Tone mixed in to soil and allowed to "cook" for 2 weeks before transplanting.
How much of each nutrient are you using with how much water?*Knowing the brand is very helpful*N/A
How often are you feeding? N/A
If flowering, when did you switch over to using Bloom nutrients? N/A
What order are you mixing your nutrients? (example: veg nutes 1st, bloom 2nd ect) N/A
What is the TDS/EC/PPM of your nutrients used? N/A
What is the pH of the "RUN-OFF"? Unknown, probably around 6.3
How often are you testing pH/ppm/EC/TDS? Haven't done so yet.
What method of pH test was administered? Using Strips? pH pen? N/A
How often are you watering? Haven't needed to water
When was your last feeding and how often are you feeding? I did top dress with 2TB of Espoma Garden-Tone about a week ago when I thought I saw an Iron deficiency coming on... Garden-Tone has all the elements in it... no change though.
What size bulb are you using? n/a
How old is your bulbs? n/a
What is the distance to the canopy? n/a
What is your RH Factor? (Relative Humidity) n/a
What is the canopy temperature? n/a
What is the Day/Night Temp? (Include fluctuation range) n/a
What is the current Air Flow? (cfm etc.) n/a
Tell us about your ventilation, intake exhaust and when its running and not running ? n/a
Is the fan blowing directly at plants? n/a
Is the grow substrate constantly wet or moist? It's been fairly wet out, so the soil hasn't had a chance to dry out yet, but the drainage is good.
Is your water HARD or SOFT? Soft
What water are you using? Reverse Osmosis (RO)? Tap? Bottled? Well water? Distilled? Mineral Water? Well water
If using tap water, what is the ppm/EC/TDS of the water right out of the tap?(Only if you have a tds pen) N/A (Calcium Hardness is 30 to 40 ppm)
If using RO,Distilled,mineral water, what is the ppm/EC/TDS without any additives?(Only if you have a tds pen) n/a
Are you using water from a water softener? No
Has plant been recently pruned, cloned or pinched? Pinched about 2 weeks ago.
Have any pest chemicals been used? If so what and when? No
Are plant's infected with pest's? No

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 26
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 26
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 26
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 20

lbkerky

any ideas on whats happening here?

any ideas on whats happening here?

hi all, posting this on behalf of a mate. this is his third round with this strain and hasn't had any problems untill now and can't figure it out, everything seems to be the same as his previous rounds. system was flushed with ph 5.8 water bout 8 days ago and the ec dropped to .6 from 1.2 as he thought might be over feeding but hasnt made a difference as yet. any help would be much appreciated.

pics at bottom of page hopefully. (not good with computers.lol)

How long has this problem been going on? 3 weeks
Are you growing in a PVC grow tent? (example: Hydrohut or any other non brand tents)no
What system are you running? (DWC? Ebb flow? Aero? Water Farm? Flood Tables? and so on...) 4 pot flood n drain
What STRAIN are you growing?unknown
What was the establishing technique? (Were the seed or clone?)clone
What is the age of your plants?6 weeks ish from rooted clone
How long have they been in there mixture they are in now?(coco,soiless etc..) 6 weeks
How tall are the plants? 350mm
What PHASE are the plants in? (seedling, vegetative or flower) are the plants in? vege
What Technique are you using?none at the mo
What substrate/medium are you using?(Hydroton, RockWool etc.) hydroton
What is the Water temperature? 18 degree celsius
What color are your roots? White? Brown? Are your roots slimy? white
What Nutrient's are you using?(If growing soiless) growzilla
How much of each nutrient are you using with how much water? *Knowing the brand is very helpful*
How often are you feeding? (If using soiless)
How often are you giving nutrients? (If using soiless)
If flowering, when did you switch over to using Bloom nutrients?
What order are you mixing your nutrients? (example: veg nutes 1st, bloom 2nd ect)
What is the TDS/EC/PPM you are using ec .6
What is the pH of the "Tank"? 6
How often are you testing your pH/PPM/EC/TDS?daily
Are you sure your calibration is correct on your equipment?yes
When was your last watering?
What is your water temps? 18 degree celsius
When was your last feeding change? (ie. grow-bloom-micro-additional)
How often do you clean your system: example: Flush out water replace with clean water and nutrients? every 2 weeks
What size bulb are you using? 600w
How old is the bulbs you are using?8 months
What is the distance to the canopy?at least a foot
What is your RH Factor(Relative Humidity)?unknown
What is the canopy temperature? 26 degree lights on
What is the Day/Night Temp? (Include flucutaion range)26 degree down to 12 at night
What is the current Air Flow? (cfm etc.)unknown
Tell us about your ventilation, intake exhaust and when its running and not running ? exhaust hooked up to filter ,passive intake and oscalating fan
Is the fan blowing directly at plants? yes
Is your water HARD or SOFT?
What water are you using? Reverse Osmosis (RO)? Tap? Bottled? Well water? Distilled? Mineral Water? tap
If using tap water, what is the ppm/EC/TDS of the water right out of the tap? ec .1, ph 7.2
If using RO,Distilled,mineral water, what is the ppm/EC/TDS without any additives?
Are you using water from a water softener? no
Has plant been recently pruned, cloned off of or pinched no
Have any pest chemicals been used? If so, What and When? no
Are plant's infected with pest's no

Attachments

• 730.JPG
    730.JPG
    46.2 KB · Views: 21
  • 729.JPG
    729.JPG
    29.6 KB · Views: 20
  • 728.JPG
    728.JPG
    40.1 KB · Views: 24
  • 717.JPG
    717.JPG
    32.1 KB · Views: 19
W

WeedMonster

Hiya , If some one could help me.. i 'am a first time grower. and i am using bio bizz all mix , bio bloom , top max and bio grow.
My plant's started going like this 2 week's ago. Thought it might had been root burn . so i flushed it with twice amount of water to size of pot.
No improvement. Is there anything i could do?

MynameStitch

Dr. Doolittle
Mentor
Veteran
Hello again, Stitch-

Well, I've got 6 plants growing outside, and one of them is showing these symptoms... I think it's an Iron deficiency, but I humbly submit these photos for your review... thank you!!

SOIL:

How long has this problem been going on? A couple of weeks
What STRAIN are you growing? Early Misty from Nirvana
What was the establishing technique? (seed or clone?) Clone
What is the age of your plants? Maybe 45 days
How long have they been in the soil mixture they are in now? 3 weeks
Were they in the same mixture when they were seedlings/smaller plant? If not, what mixture were they in before? Yes, same mixture
How Tall are the plants? 1 1/2 feet
What PHASE (seedling, vegetative or flower) are the plants in? Veg
What Technique are you using? (SOG, SCROG etc) None
What size pots are you using? (Include how many subjects to pot) 5 gallons, 1 per pot
What substrate/medium are you using? What brand of soil mixture are you using?(percentage of perlite, vermiculite...etc?) Pro-Mix
What brand Nutrient's are you using? Espoma Plant-Tone mixed in to soil and allowed to "cook" for 2 weeks before transplanting.
How much of each nutrient are you using with how much water?*Knowing the brand is very helpful*N/A
How often are you feeding? N/A
If flowering, when did you switch over to using Bloom nutrients? N/A
What order are you mixing your nutrients? (example: veg nutes 1st, bloom 2nd ect) N/A
What is the TDS/EC/PPM of your nutrients used? N/A
What is the pH of the "RUN-OFF"? Unknown, probably around 6.3
How often are you testing pH/ppm/EC/TDS? Haven't done so yet.
What method of pH test was administered? Using Strips? pH pen? N/A
How often are you watering? Haven't needed to water
When was your last feeding and how often are you feeding? I did top dress with 2TB of Espoma Garden-Tone about a week ago when I thought I saw an Iron deficiency coming on... Garden-Tone has all the elements in it... no change though.
What size bulb are you using? n/a
How old is your bulbs? n/a
What is the distance to the canopy? n/a
What is your RH Factor? (Relative Humidity) n/a
What is the canopy temperature? n/a
What is the Day/Night Temp? (Include fluctuation range) n/a
What is the current Air Flow? (cfm etc.) n/a
Tell us about your ventilation, intake exhaust and when its running and not running ? n/a
Is the fan blowing directly at plants? n/a
Is the grow substrate constantly wet or moist? It's been fairly wet out, so the soil hasn't had a chance to dry out yet, but the drainage is good.
Is your water HARD or SOFT? Soft
What water are you using? Reverse Osmosis (RO)? Tap? Bottled? Well water? Distilled? Mineral Water? Well water
If using tap water, what is the ppm/EC/TDS of the water right out of the tap?(Only if you have a tds pen) N/A (Calcium Hardness is 30 to 40 ppm)
If using RO,Distilled,mineral water, what is the ppm/EC/TDS without any additives?(Only if you have a tds pen) n/a
Are you using water from a water softener? No
Has plant been recently pruned, cloned or pinched? Pinched about 2 weeks ago.
Have any pest chemicals been used? If so what and when? No
Are plant's infected with pest's? No

Hiya finest kind, yup you guessed it; an iron deficiency, it also looks like you possibly got a calcium problem starting as well, see the spotting red dots on the leaves? That is calcium problem..... you should have tested the run off before doing anything to find out why you have this problem..... do you have just the promix and nothing else added to it?

MynameStitch

Dr. Doolittle
Mentor
Veteran
hi all, posting this on behalf of a mate. this is his third round with this strain and hasn't had any problems untill now and can't figure it out, everything seems to be the same as his previous rounds. system was flushed with ph 5.8 water bout 8 days ago and the ec dropped to .6 from 1.2 as he thought might be over feeding but hasnt made a difference as yet. any help would be much appreciated.

pics at bottom of page hopefully. (not good with computers.lol)

How long has this problem been going on? 3 weeks
Are you growing in a PVC grow tent? (example: Hydrohut or any other non brand tents)no
What system are you running? (DWC? Ebb flow? Aero? Water Farm? Flood Tables? and so on...) 4 pot flood n drain
What is the age of your plants?6 weeks ish from rooted clone
How long have they been in there mixture they are in now?(coco,soiless etc..) 6 weeks
How tall are the plants? 350mm
What PHASE are the plants in? (seedling, vegetative or flower) are the plants in? vege
What Technique are you using?none at the mo
What is the Water temperature? 18 degree celsius
What color are your roots? White? Brown? Are your roots slimy? white
What Nutrient's are you using?(If growing soiless) growzilla
How much of each nutrient are you using with how much water? *Knowing the brand is very helpful*
If flowering, when did you switch over to using Bloom nutrients?
What order are you mixing your nutrients? (example: veg nutes 1st, bloom 2nd ect)
What is the TDS/EC/PPM you are using ec .6
What is the pH of the "Tank"? 6
How often are you testing your pH/PPM/EC/TDS?daily
Are you sure your calibration is correct on your equipment?yes
What is your water temps? 18 degree celsius
When was your last feeding change? (ie. grow-bloom-micro-additional)
How often do you clean your system: example: Flush out water replace with clean water and nutrients? every 2 weeks
What size bulb are you using? 600w
How old is the bulbs you are using?8 months
What is the distance to the canopy?at least a foot
What is your RH Factor(Relative Humidity)?unknown
What is the canopy temperature? 26 degree lights on
What is the Day/Night Temp? (Include flucutaion range)26 degree down to 12 at night
What is the current Air Flow? (cfm etc.)unknown
Tell us about your ventilation, intake exhaust and when its running and not running ? exhaust hooked up to filter ,passive intake and oscalating fan
Is the fan blowing directly at plants? yes
Is your water HARD or SOFT?
What water are you using? Reverse Osmosis (RO)? Tap? Bottled? Well water? Distilled? Mineral Water? tap
If using tap water, what is the ppm/EC/TDS of the water right out of the tap? ec .1, ph 7.2
If using RO,Distilled,mineral water, what is the ppm/EC/TDS without any additives?
Has plant been recently pruned, cloned off of or pinched no
Have any pest chemicals been used? If so, What and When? no
Are plant's infected with pest's no

when you ask about it not making a difference yet, do you mean the damaged growth has not healed?
Damaged growth does not heal, if you were burning them, which it looks like you have, because of the light tan color on the leaves tells me the plant was feeding off itself and therefore was not able to uptake nutrients properly.......

MynameStitch

Dr. Doolittle
Mentor
Veteran
Hiya , If some one could help me.. i 'am a first time grower. and i am using bio bizz all mix , bio bloom , top max and bio grow.
My plant's started going like this 2 week's ago. Thought it might had been root burn . so i flushed it with twice amount of water to size of pot.
No improvement. Is there anything i could do?

Hello weed, do you have any pictures of these plants? How big are these plants? Can you give more details about your grow.... how much nutes were you using of each and how often?
How old is the plant?
How big is the plant?

Hi stitch. I have really small issue, and I'm wondering what you, or anyone else thinks. Heres the stats on my grow.

How long has this problem been going on? couple days
Are you growing in a PVC grow tent? (example: Hydrohut or any other non brand tents) NO
What system are you running? (DWC? Ebb flow? Aero? Water Farm? Flood Tables? and so on...) greentrees multi flow
What is the age of your plants?6 weeks from rooted clone
How long have they been in there mixture they are in now?(coco,soiless etc..)
How tall are the plants? 24-30 inches
What PHASE are the plants in? (seedling, vegetative or flower) are the plants in? flower
What Technique are you using? supercrop
What is the Water temperature? way to hot, 70 at night and as high as 78 during lights on, average of about 74
What color are your roots? White? Brown? Are your roots slimy? white/brown not slimey, I have been fighting the rot, and winning.
What Nutrient's are you using?(If growing soiless) GH micro bloom and cal mag
How much of each nutrient are you using with how much water? *Knowing the brand is very helpful* I use ph's spreadsheet and go off the 100-200-200 profile, with extra calcium and magnesium
If flowering, when did you switch over to using Bloom nutrients? use 100-200-200 all the way through
What order are you mixing your nutrients? (example: veg nutes 1st, bloom 2nd ect) micro, bloom, cal-mag, Ful-Power, potassium silicate
What is the TDS/EC/PPM you are using ec 1.9 ppm 950 on the .5 conversion
What is the pH of the "Tank"? 6-6.2, next week will be 5.9-6.1
How often are you testing your pH/PPM/EC/TDS?twice daily
Are you sure your calibration is correct on your equipment?yes, absolutely
How often do you clean your system: example: Flush out water replace with clean water and nutrients? whenever the ph gets to out of hand, if everything is dialed in thats about 2-4 weeks.
What size bulb are you using? 1000w
How old is the bulbs you are using? 3 months
What is the distance to the canopy? 18-20 inches
What is your RH Factor(Relative Humidity) 40-50%
What is the canopy temperature? 78-83
What is the Day/Night Temp? (Include flucutaion range)67-69
What is the current Air Flow? (cfm etc.) sealed room
Tell us about your ventilation, intake exhaust and when its running and not running ? carbon scrubber scrubs 24/7, 8 inch aircooling on all lights, co2 at 1200ppm, no intake or exhaust.
Is the fan blowing directly at plants? kind of, more like directly above them, at the area between the plants and the lights, and they oscillate.
Is your water HARD or SOFT? soft
What water are you using? Reverse Osmosis (RO)? Tap? Bottled? Well water? Distilled? Mineral Water? Reverse Osmosis
If using tap water, what is the ppm/EC/TDS of the water right out of the tap?
If using RO,Distilled,mineral water, what is the ppm/EC/TDS without any additives? about 30ppm
Has plant been recently pruned, cloned off of or pinched? no
Have any pest chemicals been used? If so, What and When? azatrol, weekly spray, going to use some eagle 20 ounce, this strain is really susceptible, i normally don't get the shit, its to dry here.
Are plant's infected with pest's. not infested, but i fight a constant mite battle, they live around my house, the bastards.

Ok, so anyways, the problem I am having, is the top half of my biggest baddest bushiest plants are a lighter color green than the smaller ones. Not yellow, light green, but maybe headed that direction. All the same strain, some went into veg a couple days earlier so some are a little bigger. The smaller plants look perfect. The right color dark green, thick leathery leaves, and really happy. My guess would be, either not enough P and K, or the big ones are just really hungry. what do you think?

MynameStitch

Dr. Doolittle
Mentor
Veteran
Hi, do you have any photos of these plants?
Newer growth will always be lighter green, but to a certain extent, when they get bigger they darken up just like the rest of the older fan leaves......

but since your plants have gotten root rot and you win you say, if it keeps coming back your not fully winning, your just prolonging the inevitable, Your putting your plants through un-nessasary stress... your plants will show problems with the leaves and when you got root rot, your plants can have any problem....
You MUST keep water temps under 70F or risk stunted growth with your plants.....
Keep some 2 liter bottles of frozen water in with your water and rotate if you need some extra cooling.....

when they unfreeze put them back in the freezer and pull out some other ones that are already frozen.....
you keep your temps under 70F you won't be having this problem....

fix the rot and fix all the other problems that are associated with the problem.

I definitely have no more root rot. I'm positive it is completely gone on all but one plant, which like you pointed out, is very slowly dying. I followed krunchs advice and added bleach to the res every other day for 2 weeks and it wiped it out, but one was just to far gone. Have not seen any signs of the rot in a month now.

I did the 2 liter thing for a while, guess i need to get back on it. Its just such a PITA, 4 of them melt pretty much instantly in a 55 gallon res, and don't even cool it that much. Thanks for the help. I tried to take a pic, but the camera on my phone sucks, and i lost the charger for camera.

Latest posts

Latest posts