What's new

Split from : The Complete guide to Sick Plants,pH, and Pest troubles!

daikon

ok, first you need to get the meter, because even using half can still be problem if the strain don't like it....
Either way you are going to have to remove water and replace it with lower nutes... I would wait until you got the pen to do anything, because you need to know a starting point of what your EC/ppms are now, that way you can go lower from that value.

we need to know what EC it is.... make sure you calibrate it first before using it.
If it's a calibration one that is.....

What date was when you changed the water/nutrient mix with the pH at 6....?
You also must get a pH pen, the 2 most important items are a pH pen and a ppm/ec meter, without them, you must go by what your plants are telling you and even this can be difficult when you need to top off and add more nutes, because you don't know how much is in there and or how much needs to be replaced......

Hi again and thanks for the help.

I went and diluted the nutrient mix to 1/4 of the lucas formula on friday and didn't see the plants again till today. They had drank around 3,5 litres and the ph (which was about at 6 on friday) had dropped to below 4 (that's the limit of the drop tester). Does this tell anything? I added more water to the tank.

Haven't got the EC meter yet, hope to get it by the end of the week.

The symptoms have continueed, here's some new pictures.

MynameStitch

Dr. Doolittle
Mentor
Veteran
what is your water temps? With a meter... not guessing.
Roots looks mostly healthy, but questionable near the top by the net pot......

Ya, your roots are showing a little bacteria there dude.....
first deal with that and get some sm90 or other products.... you in europe?

You must get an ec meter, because unless you can read your plants good you need one, even when it comes to topping off you won't know how much to put in or how much the plants have removed....

if your pH is dropping and not rising your using too much nutes still, they are using more water than nutes.

You should get a pH meter with your EC, hydro is very expensive and all tools are required unless you know how to grow without them.

MynameStitch

Dr. Doolittle
Mentor
Veteran
You must first add all nutrients FIRST, then add the pH adjusters if needed!

What is your pH right now did you test it after everything was mixed?
How much pH down are you having to use?
What is the ppm of your tap water?
This is not a boron problem.... hard to get a boron problem when using tap water.

kiwiking

Stitch - Great thread, I also have the pdf file. Anyway, I am unsure what is going on with my plant. Its a Barney's Farm LSD and am not sure if I have light burn or a pH problem.

Thanks a ton.

1000412b.jpg

kiwiking

HELLO??? Are you there? The problem has gotten significantly worse, I have treated for pH problems and need to know what the cause is so I can stop worrying.

FinestKind

Hey Stitch... for your consideration.... :p

Hey Stitch... for your consideration.... :p

How long has this problem been going on? A week or two
What STRAIN are you growing? Several represented- White Widow, Early Misty, Homegrown Cheese, Homegrown Amazing Haze
What was the establishing technique? (seed or clone?) Clone
What is the age of your plants? 5 weeks into flowering (8 weeks total)
How long have they been in the soil mixture they are in now? About 5 weeks
How Tall are the plants? About 2 feet on average, except Early Misties, about 1 1/2 feet
What PHASE (seedling, vegetative or flower) are the plants in? Flowering
What Technique are you using? (SOG, SCROG etc) Perpetual harvest
What size pots are you using? (Include how many subjects to pot) 3 gallon, 1 per pot.
What substrate/medium are you using? What brand of soil mixture are you using?(percentage of perlite, vermiculite...etc?) Pro-Mix BX
What Nutrient's are you using? Earth Juice- complete line.
How much of each nutrient are you using with how much water? *Knowing the brand is very helpful* Varies- following Jman's schedule.
How often are you feeding? Every watering (1x per week)
If flowering, when did you switch over to using Bloom nutrients? Gradually worked the bloom in.
What order are you mixing your nutrients? (example: veg nutes 1st, bloom 2nd ect) Thinner nutes first, molasses last (i.e. Catalyst, MicroBlast, Bloom, Grow, then Molasses (Hi-Brix)... bubbling for 2 to 3 days, then adding CannaZyme before watering.
What is the TDS/EC/PPM of your nutrients used? N/A
What is the pH of the "RUN-OFF"? 6.2 to 6.3 consistently
What method of pH test was administered? Using Strips? pH pen? pH pen
How often are you watering? 1x per week
When was your last feeding and how often are you feeding? Last feeding was 5 days ago, feeding 1x per week (every watering)
What size bulb are you using? 1x 1000W HPS on a light rail, 2x 600W HPS stationary.
What is the distance to the canopy? Way too close- out of headroom though. Also, aircooling makes it feel cool to the touch above canopy (alright, distance is like 2 to 4"!)
What is your RH Factor? (Relative Humidity) 60%
What is the canopy temperature? Don't know
What is the Day/Night Temp? (Include fluctuation range) 82/72
What is the current Air Flow? (cfm etc.) 400 cfm sucking air through the lights and that's it (sealed room)
Tell us about your ventilation, intake exhaust and when its running and not running ? 2 oscillating fans 24/7... exhaust fan during lights on.
Is the fan blowing directly at plants? Yes
Is the grow substrate constantly wet or moist? Moist
Is your water HARD or SOFT? Soft
What water are you using? Reverse Osmosis (RO)? Tap? Bottled? Well water? Distilled? Mineral Water? Well water
Are you using water from a water softener? No
Has plant been recently pruned, cloned or pinched? No
Have any pest chemicals been used? If so what and when? No
Are plant's infected with pest's? Fungus gnats, i.e. the cursed ones.

Hello again... so I think I have a few different issues here. This is my first run-through with the Earth Juice line... any input would be great. Thanks!

FK

Attachments

• Deficient 1.jpg
    Deficient 1.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 21
  • Image 2.jpg
    Image 2.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 24
  • Image 3.jpg
    Image 3.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 24
  • Image 4.jpg
    Image 4.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 21

992Envy

Stich can you help me out ? Can you please check this out and give me your feedback.

http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=167975

Thanks

How long has this problem been going on? This Round 20 Days into Bloom

Are you growing in a PVC grow tent? NO
What system are you running? Flood Tables
What STRAIN are you growing? GDP
What was the establishing technique? Clone
What is the age of your plants? 22 Days into Flower
How long have they been in there mixture they are in now? They are in 2 Gal smart pots 50/50 coco and perlite. They have been in there for 50 Days
How tall are the plants? 2.5 - 3' Tall
What PHASE are the plants in? Flower
What Technique are you using? Flood and Drain changing water and nuts every 7 days
What substrate/medium are you using?
What is the Water temperature? not sure ...
What color are your roots? Cant see the roots
What Nutrient's are you using? General Hydroponics. GRO, MICRO, BLOOM, BLEND, NECTOR
How much of each nutrient are you using with how much water? Bloom- 1400 Micro- 1200 Blend- 700ml, Nector- 700ml
How often are you feeding? 2 Times a day
How often are you giving nutrients? Every seven days change water and add new nutrients
If flowering, when did you switch over to using Bloom nutrients? Day 1 of 12/12 Flower. 21 Days ago
What order are you mixing your nutrients? Micro, then Bloom, thebn Blend, then Nector
What is the TDS/EC/PPM you are using? Have never checked PPM
What is the pH of the "Tank"? 6.0
Are you sure your calibration is correct on your equiptment? Yes
When was your last watering? 2:30 am
What is your water temps? Don't know have never checked
When was your last feeding change? 2 days ago
How often do you clean your system: Weekly every 7 days
What size bulb are you using? 1000
What is the distance to the canopy?
What is your RH Factor(Relative Humidity)? 50
What is the canopy temperature? 82
What is the Day/Night Temp? 82/77
What is the current Air Flow? (cfm etc.) Good
Tell us about your ventilation, intake exhaust and when its running and not running ? It runs once a day, couple times a day average.
Is the fan blowing directly at plants? NO
Is your water HARD or SOFT? Hard
What water are you using? Reverse Osmosis (RO)? Tap
Are you using water from a water softener? NO
Has plant been recently pruned, cloned off of or pinched? NO
Have any pest chemicals been used? If so, What and When? NO
Are plant's infected with pest's? NO

FinestKind

Stitch - Great thread, I also have the pdf file. Anyway, I am unsure what is going on with my plant. Its a Barney's Farm LSD and am not sure if I have light burn or a pH problem.

Thanks a ton.

1000412b.jpg

I'm no expert here, but that looks like nute burn to me (I'm quickly learning the signs myself, because I'm a chronic over-feeder)... perhaps caused by pH lockout...

FK

MynameStitch

Dr. Doolittle
Mentor
Veteran
Thanks for the help mydny!!!! <3

Hey guys, I am here now; sorry for the long absence, did you guys still need any help?

bob.fn.seger

Alright this is the first problem i have encountered so far and i have spent countless hours scouring the net for an answer but no luck. i have little brown spots forming on a few of my leaves and it is on more and more leaves by the day. also my stem is deep purple in some places and striped purple in others. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP! Also, this is the only plant out of 9 that are having the brown spot problem. quite a few others are having the purple stem prob.

How long has this problem been going on? - less than a week.

What STRAIN are you growing? - Blue Mystic from regular seed.

What is the age of your plants? - 1 month plus a few days.

What substrate/medium are you using? What brand of soil mixture are you using?(percentage of perlite, vermiculite...etc?) - 50% peat moss, 25%verm, 25%perlite.

What brand Nutrient's are you using? - Earth Juice-grow,bloom,micro,+ a little superthrive.

How much of each nutrient are you using with how much water? - 3/4 strength.

How often are you feeding? - when the container is light, like its dry, i water/feed. so like every 3 or 4 days.

What size bulb are you using? - 400w MH. its a new bulb.

What is the canopy temperature? - 79F +/-3.
What water are you using? 50% dehumidifier water(runoff tray and container is kept clean) and 50% tap. bubbled and open for 24hrs.

Are plant's infected with pest's? - no.

Attachments

• IMG_0030b.jpg
    IMG_0030b.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_0031b.jpg
    IMG_0031b.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_0032b.jpg
    IMG_0032b.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_0033b.jpg
    IMG_0033b.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 24

MynameStitch

Dr. Doolittle
Mentor
Veteran
HELLO??? Are you there? The problem has gotten significantly worse, I have treated for pH problems and need to know what the cause is so I can stop worrying.

Can you fill out the questionere that is in the sticky sick plants guide and post it back here, the problem you are seeing in the pictures you produced looks like it happend a bit ago and I can't tell what is wrong with just that picture since the damage is old; it could be c aused by light problems in the past, but without new pictures and info I can't help you.

I am sorry to get back to you late, I have had some family problems lately and my time has been near zero.
I do not ignore anyone who asks for my help.

MynameStitch

Dr. Doolittle
Mentor
Veteran
How long has this problem been going on? A week or two
What STRAIN are you growing? Several represented- White Widow, Early Misty, Homegrown Cheese, Homegrown Amazing Haze
What was the establishing technique? (seed or clone?) Clone
What is the age of your plants? 5 weeks into flowering (8 weeks total)
How long have they been in the soil mixture they are in now? About 5 weeks
How Tall are the plants? About 2 feet on average, except Early Misties, about 1 1/2 feet
What PHASE (seedling, vegetative or flower) are the plants in? Flowering
What Technique are you using? (SOG, SCROG etc) Perpetual harvest
What size pots are you using? (Include how many subjects to pot) 3 gallon, 1 per pot.
What substrate/medium are you using? What brand of soil mixture are you using?(percentage of perlite, vermiculite...etc?) Pro-Mix BX
What Nutrient's are you using? Earth Juice- complete line.
How much of each nutrient are you using with how much water? *Knowing the brand is very helpful* Varies- following Jman's schedule.
How often are you feeding? Every watering (1x per week)
If flowering, when did you switch over to using Bloom nutrients? Gradually worked the bloom in.
What order are you mixing your nutrients? (example: veg nutes 1st, bloom 2nd ect) Thinner nutes first, molasses last (i.e. Catalyst, MicroBlast, Bloom, Grow, then Molasses (Hi-Brix)... bubbling for 2 to 3 days, then adding CannaZyme before watering.
What is the TDS/EC/PPM of your nutrients used? N/A
What is the pH of the "RUN-OFF"? 6.2 to 6.3 consistently
What method of pH test was administered? Using Strips? pH pen? pH pen
How often are you watering? 1x per week
When was your last feeding and how often are you feeding? Last feeding was 5 days ago, feeding 1x per week (every watering)
What size bulb are you using? 1x 1000W HPS on a light rail, 2x 600W HPS stationary.
What is the distance to the canopy? Way too close- out of headroom though. Also, aircooling makes it feel cool to the touch above canopy (alright, distance is like 2 to 4"!)
What is your RH Factor? (Relative Humidity) 60%
What is the canopy temperature? Don't know
What is the Day/Night Temp? (Include fluctuation range) 82/72
What is the current Air Flow? (cfm etc.) 400 cfm sucking air through the lights and that's it (sealed room)
Tell us about your ventilation, intake exhaust and when its running and not running ? 2 oscillating fans 24/7... exhaust fan during lights on.
Is the fan blowing directly at plants? Yes
Is the grow substrate constantly wet or moist? Moist
Is your water HARD or SOFT? Soft
What water are you using? Reverse Osmosis (RO)? Tap? Bottled? Well water? Distilled? Mineral Water? Well water
Are you using water from a water softener? No
Has plant been recently pruned, cloned or pinched? No
Have any pest chemicals been used? If so what and when? No
Are plant's infected with pest's? Fungus gnats, i.e. the cursed ones.

Hello again... so I think I have a few different issues here. This is my first run-through with the Earth Juice line... any input would be great. Thanks!

FK

How much of these nutes are you using?

Also it's not good to feed every water, you want to switch or alternate 2 feedings then 3rd just plain water and a lot of it; it removes left over food the plants don't use and it caues interfearence with other nutrients to become absorbed, especially micronutreints.

The problem your having is your plants are showing calcium/iron problems and earthjuice does not have calcium in them, but the cause of the problem may be build up in the promix, so flush the plants system out first before doing anything else.

Also since I don't know how much you use and it varies I can't tell you if this is caused by over feeding locking out nutes; but either way it seems to be a buildup in the medium.

Earthjuice microblast I have used, are you mixing it and letting that sit out for 24 hours before using it?

Are you using any pH/down or up?
Is your well water purified?

intotheunknown

Veteran
aa, didnt know there was a split for this thread,
very helpful thread Stitch, its come in handy many a times.
thanks for all the hard work put into it.