kro-magnon

Veteran
Here is the 3rd Sowah same day
SOWAH#3BUD.JPG
SOWAH#3.JPG

Chills

Hey Kro-Magnon,

Nice report, beautyfull plants.
Whats the difference to your first run with the seedplants? The yellow leafs with the red leafvains in the first run remember me of problems with high LED intensity and low temperatures i had in the past. The plants in your second run look very good in comparison. Maybe because of high summertemps?
I run 3 Sour Diesel bx2 at the moment. Yesterday i turned the lights to 100% but after reading your thread and the dropping temps here, i'm get a little paranoid now 🤣
Im back to ordinary salts after organic alchemist stuff. I feed full dose, half dose, no dose atm. Works good atm but normaly the problems start at week 5 12/12...

Thx for your Report

kro-magnon

Veteran
Hey Kro-Magnon,

Nice report, beautyfull plants.
Whats the difference to your first run with the seedplants? The yellow leafs with the red leafvains in the first run remember me of problems with high LED intensity and low temperatures i had in the past. The plants in your second run look very good in comparison. Maybe because of high summertemps?
I run 3 Sour Diesel bx2 at the moment. Yesterday i turned the lights to 100% but after reading your thread and the dropping temps here, i'm get a little paranoid now 🤣
Im back to ordinary salts after organic alchemist stuff. I feed full dose, half dose, no dose atm. Works good atm but normaly the problems start at week 5 12/12...

Thx for your Report
My first run had several problems one of them was too much light on the tops of the tallest Sowahh but also I added cam/mag to my waterings when it is not needed in my situation because I use tap water who has already some cal+mag so I was overdosing my plants by adding some.
On the 2nd run the temps were higher but it wasn't very cold on the previous one, the flowering went from half march to end of may/beginning of june. Not the coldest or hottest period of the year where I live. But high summer temps are working great with LED that's true and I didn't give cal/mag this run so no more problem because of that either.
I think you should still try to use your light at 100% it's quite effective for yield and if your plants are healthy no reason they don't react. positively to more light.
I have not yet harvesting the Sowahh so I can't tell more about the differences with the first run this will come soon. I think the #1 will be my keeper after those two runs, she has the high, smell and taste you can expect from Sour D and she responds well to my environment.

kro-magnon

Veteran
The weather is once agin awful since last night, RH is around 90% outside my home and in the grow room around 60/70% I can't get it lower with my current set-up. The biggest flower of the Sowahh#2 had a bit of mold this morning just before the light turned off so I cut and cleaned it, I didn't lose a lot but it means I won't be able to go much further than day 71(today). I'll take some pics later when I'll harvest the #1 and maybe her sisters.
I thought the Sowah#1 would be the first of the Sowah touched by mold because of her density but the #2 is apparently more fragile, it is her lest run anyway I don' t have any clones left alive of this female.
For the next flower session I have 2 huge Sowahh, one #1 and one #3, plus 10 different seedlings, 1 Black Cherry Punch, 1 PlatinumZ, 1 Skunk coming a freebee who is very vigorous and many different stuff for fun.

Last edited:

kro-magnon

Veteran
A few pictures of the Sowahh clones at day 71 of 11/13, the #1 is harvestable today but the #2 and #3 would need a few more days, I really don't know what to do about those 2 plants, i can harvest them today and lose some weight and a bit of resin maturity or let them continue and lose some pieces of flowers here and there because of mold.
I will cut the 2 #1 clones and will decide what to do after that
S#2.JPG
S #2.JPG
S#1 and #2.JPG
S#1A.JPG
S#1B close up.JPG

superx

Veteran
At least you didn't take a big hit on the mold, have you got a dehumidifier in operation?
I have one operating in the lung room (outside of the tent) and have noticed significant changes since using it. Living in a cold/damp region it was badly needed.

Strange how the cuttings were not genetically identical to the mother, thinking (A) sexual, I can't think of a reason why they wouldn't be.

I have a packet of Karmas hb and karmas og for many moons, I look forward to the day when they are finally unleashed.

That's a nice harvest and pretty flowers..

Enjoy.

kro-magnon

Veteran
No I don't have a dehumidifier, it would be useful but it would take almost the same energy than my light and I try to reduce my energy bill. Maybe I'll have to get one soon if the climate keep being this humid in summer. The rest of the year I can use heaters or a HPS to dry the grow room. It's only for a small part of the year I have to deal with insane humidity level.
How many watts your dehu needs to function and what cubic meter it can dry?

superx

Veteran
The one I'm using is electriQ, 180watt, the volume of the tank is just under 3 litres, (140 euro) its more than ample for the size of the room which is 5 meter sq (tent is 3 metre sq) the humidifier sits outside the tent, they tend to give of a small bit of heat (this might be to your advantage or not) I run my lights at night like your self, so the humidifier would only come on every 3 hrs for 30minutes, this for me keeps humidity levels with in an acceptable range of 50/60, the tank gets emptied every 3 days.
If you decide on purchasing one, make sure it has the HEPA filter with it, this will give you cleaner air in your room by removing allergens.

kro-magnon

Veteran
I'll see what dehumidifier could work with 100/200w max, it might be something I can't function without if the climate keeps being this crazy where I live. In my previous place I had to use some humidifier but small ones directly in the tents were enough now I feel like I moved over a swamp with the crazy RH % I get very often/

kro-magnon

Veteran
I let the Sowah #2 and #3 keep going for now, they'll be cut at the next mold alert but every day they can get to keep maturing is very welcome, the #3 is very close to the finish line, only the #2 would need to go to day 78/82 to be really perfectly done but she won't go further than 75 days at best. I'm surprised about the #2 needing more time than her sisters when they were on11/13 since day 1, I think the weird climate oscilating between extreme heat and extreme humidity has slow her flowering.
I have to decide if I flower the 2 Sowahh clones I have or if I keep one as a mother, the Sowahh #3 clone is so big it could be enough to produce over 100g of Sour D flowers and I have 10 different females to flower next to her so I could keep the Sowahh#1 as a mother and still have enough plants to fill all the space in the flowering room. I have to repot all the new females and see what space they take as they are now.

kro-magnon

Veteran
I have harvested the Sowahh #2 and #3 at day 75. I don’t have new pics of those before cut but will have some of the dry flowers soon. I will also give the yield of each plant, so far only the AOxAK, BCP and Cookie/Kush are dry, they made 45, 45 and just under 50g, so around 140g harvested for now. I can’t say how much willl yield the 4 clones of Sowahh but their flowers are smaller than the previous run. I hope their better health on his run will make them a better smoke

kro-magnon

Veteran
The flowers of the 2 Sowahh#1 have shrunk more than I like, it was a bit too early to harvest them the 71st day of 11/13. The first female I’ve grown from this Sowahh pack was done just under 10 weeks but it’s a rare phenotype I think and the 3 females in this thread need at least 75/80 days. I’ll try to let the Sowahh #3 clone go for 12 weeks on he new run who start tomorrow.
The Sowahh #3 is a clone taken on the seedling 6/7 months ago. It has a huge trunk and was trimmed several times

Attachments

• BD113300-4C98-4815-964F-0B7D0F8E9A01.jpeg
    BD113300-4C98-4815-964F-0B7D0F8E9A01.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 25

Mohadib

Veteran
Hey Kro-Magnon,
thanks for the effort you put into your grow-log - I enjoyed it🙂
Too bad the SD expression tends to be genetically connected to a certain degree of sensitivity (but at least you managed to get your hands on some of Karmas Sour seeds - within Europe anything 'sour' from Karma seems to be permanently out of stock these days🫠).

Anyway, as for Botrytis (or any kind of fungus for that matter), the major problem isn't a high RH, but a lack of air movement. And since battling high temps and a high RH can be a real struggle, getting another fan into your tent seems to be much less of a problem, so maybe you want to consider this.
I'm aware I might be playing Cpt. Obvious here, but this is something many people overlook when it comes to fungal problems🥴

kro-magnon

Veteran
Hey Kro-Magnon,
thanks for the effort you put into your grow-log - I enjoyed it🙂
Too bad the SD expression tends to be genetically connected to a certain degree of sensitivity (but at least you managed to get your hands on some of Karmas Sour seeds - within Europe anything 'sour' from Karma seems to be permanently out of stock these days🫠).

Anyway, as for Botrytis (or any kind of fungus for that matter), the major problem isn't a high RH, but a lack of air movement. And since battling high temps and a high RH can be a real struggle, getting another fan into your tent seems to be much less of a problem, so maybe you want to consider this.
I'm aware I might be playing Cpt. Obvious here, but this is something many people overlook when it comes to fungal problems🥴
I already have 3 fans in my flowering room for summer time so I’ll try but not sure one more will make a big difference , it was normally the last summer I’ll spend in this place as the building will be destroyed soon.
On this run I lost 2/3g of flowers to botytris and none of the Sowahh were touched

kro-magnon

Veteran
I have the yield from the 2 Sowahh #1, they made 135g together, the A made just under 75g and B just over 60g, a difference of 10g of production for those 2 identical clones, I think it' coming form their shape the #1 A had 6 main branches and the #1 B had 10 branches. With the same veg time and container, it was too much branches for the clone #1 B to produce the same weight, that's just a speculation because it was the only difference between the 2 clones.
The Sowahh #2 should make around 90/100g and the Sowahh#3 +/- 60g but I will update to tell how much they weight exactly. This run yielded around 420/440G more details soon but I'm happy with the result who are better than expected.

kro-magnon

Veteran
Today is day 7 of 12/12 for the Sowahh#3 clone, the growth rate is better with this light schedule compared to 11/13. I will show a few pics of this plant along its flowering cycle, I'll try to make a full year of Sowahh grows.This clone is the 3rd runs I do with this genetic, it's only 1 plant of the run but the biggest one by far who should be able to produce 80/100g if I'm able to keep her happy.
A small scale grower like me can get a lot of buds from a single pack of seeds when the clone gods allow you to keep them going. I might have to make a small sacrifice to keep them happy, the clone gods are quite facetious.👺
Despite having a Sowahh#1 mother in veg I couldn't resist cloning the #3 and it shows some roots today, it took just 6/7 day this time. I have some clones of the Skunk I'm growing on this run as well, I'm sure this plant will make great buds and I'd like to cross the Skunk with one of the Sowahh male who will come from the small repro I've done on the first run, around 40 seeds.

Last edited:

kro-magnon

Veteran
Final results of the clones run/summer 24
-Cookie/Kush 45g
-AOxAK 45g
-Black cherry punch 40g
-Sowahh#1 A+B 65+70g=135g
-Sowahh#2 120g
-Sowahh#3 65g
total. 450g
The final yield is better than expected on this run, the buds are very dense and hard once dry even if they look to have smaller calyxes compared to previous run. The smells are a bit different as well because I used some different nutrients, I had not changed of formula in years. I have to test smoke a bit more to know for sure if I consider this new feeding an improvement or not. This run is proof higher temperatures are very useful with LED because I couldn't have done this yield with a HPS in summertime. The Sowahh is a beast when it comes to yield, I really wanted to keep the #2 as a mother but I have not been able to clone her again but I still have the #1 and #3 alive in veg. This thread is not over yet, I will update the result I have with the clone of Sowahh#3 at day 8 of 12/12 today, it's looking really good and I hope this time I'll be able to make this one yield over 100g.
Will do some smoke report on the 3 different Sowahh with dry buds pictures soon;

kro-magnon

Veteran
A little update on the Sowahh#3 clone at day 11 of 12/12, a quite impressive growth in 12 days since last picture and it was pruned from many shots; she is the biggest Sowahh#3 I've grown so far.
I swear I hide no cadaver in my house the fly must have attracted by the Skunk growing next to the Sowahh:LOL:
IMG_0707.JPG
IMG_0712.JPG

kro-magnon

Veteran
I have been able to root a clone of Sowahh#1 in straight water, this shows how easy it can be to propagate cannabis but it makes me wonder why I've not been able to root again the Sowahh#2. From the first round of cloning she was more difficult to propagate, having less success with her compared to her sisters. In my last attempt to clone the #2 I had zero success but I'm able to clone her sisters pretty easily, that's really weird. I think the temps were a bit too high and humidity as well was too high, making the stems rot on 2 clones of the #2.
It's not too much of a problem as I was planning to keep the Sowahh#1 as mother but it's some of those weird little things who happen when growing.Making roots in a glass of water is certainly not the most effective method to clone your favorite plant but I like to try sometimes to test the ability of the selected female.
The Sowahh are still going strong in my garden and I hope to keep this genetic going for a while. In veg I have 1 old #1 who will go in flower soon, 1 small #1 clone and 2 #3 clones who were put in soil 10 days ago. In flower the #3 is exploding in bloom, the pistils are multiplying quickly and the stretch is powerful right now, she will be by far the biggest yielder of the run. I'll update with pictures in a few days.

Latest posts

Latest posts