What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Something wicked this way comes

delta9nxs

No Jive Productions
Veteran
I remember...

Is that a co2 tank in the room? It doesn't get smelly being in the room, making for an awkward swap out?

co2 is an odorless gas in this iteration. all plant areas have co2 supplementation because they are sealed.

Earlmarne

I think I'm going to rig me up some ppks in veg here soon as I clean my flower room out.
I've tossed around the idea enough.
My hempy buckets are great but without multiple feeds a day I feel like I am letting my girls down.
These ppks seem like I could grow some trees faster and stay within my numbers

Earlmarne

My cinex seems best at 50 days. It gets some great colors taking it longer but I definitely feel I lose potency.
Started taking mine today at 55, let some go 70 last round

delta9nxs

No Jive Productions
Veteran
My cinex seems best at 50 days. It gets some great colors taking it longer but I definitely feel I lose potency.
Started taking mine today at 55, let some go 70 last round

the problem with the ppk is controlling growth! welcome aboard!

all these years i have grown to produce the best quality flower i could so i would let plants go a long time before taking them.

but producing for extraction is a whole new deal. i'm having to scope trichs now instead of just eyeballing for ripeness. it's greatly to my advantage to take them at the earliest opportunity now and that is when i see about 25-30% opaque trich heads.

as you let the plant senesce and the trichs start going amber you are witnessing oxidative degradation of thc. i think this is what turns wax dark.

trim stored long periods makes dark wax because of continuous oxidation. although some of it hits really well it doesn't present well and is less desirable.

delta9nxs

No Jive Productions
Veteran
I am having some difficult finding a part for a 2" tailpiece. Can anyone assist?

Here we have the two inch snap-in-drain for the bottom - https://www.homedepot.com/p/Sioux-Chief-2-in-Snap-in-Drain-845-2PPK/202313208

What are people using for the flanged, top end of a 2" diameter tailpiece? I see the rector-seal on amazon for $12.00 each, that seems excessive?

if you can't find the rector-seals for a reasonable price, which should be under 4 bucks, you can cut out the grating on the sioux chief fittings and use them for the top.

zeke99

if you can't find the rector-seals for a reasonable price, which should be under 4 bucks, you can cut out the grating on the sioux chief fittings and use them for the top.

With the tom-kaps, does the plug simply slide out of the middle, leaving an empty hole?

I found a site that has both the 2" tom-kap and the snap-in-drain, might be able to get free shipping. ferguson . com

The $11 product on Amazon seems to include a larger white object in a package with the tom-kap.

delta9nxs

No Jive Productions
Veteran
With the tom-kaps, does the plug simply slide out of the middle, leaving an empty hole?

I found a site that has both the 2" tom-kap and the snap-in-drain, might be able to get free shipping. ferguson . com

The $11 product on Amazon seems to include a larger white object in a package with the tom-kap.

https://www.ferguson.com/product/re...kap-adapter-plug-rec9748/_/A-ProdFamily-88090

6 bucks is not too bad. yep, you throw the center away. it threads in and out. i've never been able to find a use for them. maybe if you had a couple of million of them you could glue up a house or something.

Desert Hydro

Veteran
im thinking this cut in a PPK would be a commercial croppers wet dream. this plant is 4x4 but not all the way full on the canopy and in less than 2 gal of media(loose rockwool) i may devote a large portion of the building just for her. she is Harambe from ethos collective out of CO. limited release seeds.

ive got my 12 top sites already made up. gonna order my buckets, pumps and tubing/fittings as soon as these ladies come down and dry up. lots to do. been building my ghetto drying racks. 1" hardware cloth with bamboo supports and a fuck ton of wooden laundry clips to individually hang branches one by one. i would love to whole plant hang but i dont have the room and fear the mold.

soon i will be back among the PPK crew!

......oh and i forgot to mention thats under only 600w of COB LED

Attachments

• IMG_2371.jpg
    IMG_2371.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 24
FIRST-TIME GROWER HERE. Just finished my first grow/harvest and if D9 doesn't mind, I would now like to show his guests the power of PPK:

Here's my Harvest Photoshoot Album

Here's a "drone view" of my single plant canopy (Goji OG btw)

Here's the same plant chopped up and on the drying rack (anyone wanna guess yield? :biggrin:)

This plant was vegged for 2 months. LST'd, Topped twice and Flowered for about 85 days. I am one happy camper. Did i mention this is my first time growing a friggin' plant?

HUGE :thank you: TO D9 FOR CREATING SUCH A DAMN-NEAR-FOOL-PROOF, BORING-YET-FUCKING-AWESOME SYSTEM!!!

Earlmarne

So I'm sure I am being lazy... been reading on and off for days.
I think these 7g set ups may be too big for me. I'm open to growing trees. I grow in 5g hempies now and end up with 7 footers. Just a long ass veg.
In my coco I let it go through wet dry cycles in veg to stimulate root growth so I can water heavy in flower. I can get by with 1 feed a day with these trees in flower.
My worry is having a root system that can handle these pulse feedings.
I have 11 ft ceilings, trees would help with plant count. Thinking a system with 5 sites in flower n 5 in veg. Would like to stay perpetual though.
Am I naive in thinking that 7g of media is a lot to fill in a 2 month or less veg? If not would a 5g media system be the ticket, and if so is there any builds I could follow?
Also, I'm running Jack's as of now in tempt buckets. Mixing from pre made stock solution w cal nit, 1mg silica 1mg drip clean a g. My stock of Jack's gets all sorts of crap floating.
Thinking on jumping on with your regimen.
Am I right in understanding you use just Jack's, calnit, and Epsom?
What ratio do I need to mix these at? I'm down to do the reading if I could get a helpful direction as to where I can find the info as I'm sure it has been discussed.
Thank you, and I am sorry if I am asking knuckle head crap.

zeke99

Hi Earl,

I've been using Jack's Hydro 5-12-26 + calcinit + tap water (I'm lucky that it's great for growing). No epsom. The ratio used here is 1:1 for the Hydro & Calcinit. If you have floating crap after mixing your stock tank, you might be mixing it in the wrong order? ALL of the hydro first, stir it up until you can't see the hydro, followed by ALL of the calcinit. I use a spatula to stir up the powders in the water. People that have far larger tanks, use far larger objects for stirring. I always get a kick out of D9 talking about using a canoe paddle. I stir for a few minutes until no powder is visible in the tank and use a flashlight to see said powder on the floor of the tank because the overhead light in the room that houses my tents is nowhere close to the tank.

zeke99

FIRST-TIME GROWER HERE. Just finished my first grow/harvest and if D9 doesn't mind, I would now like to show his guests the power of PPK:

Here's my Harvest Photoshoot Album

Here's a "drone view" of my single plant canopy (Goji OG btw)

Here's the same plant chopped up and on the drying rack (anyone wanna guess yield? :biggrin:)

This plant was vegged for 2 months. LST'd, Topped twice and Flowered for about 85 days. I am one happy camper. Did i mention this is my first time growing a friggin' plant?

HUGE :thank you: TO D9 FOR CREATING SUCH A DAMN-NEAR-FOOL-PROOF, BORING-YET-FUCKING-AWESOME SYSTEM!!!

I enjoyed your trichome vids too!

Thirdtime

Just a quick post to thank Delta and all the other contributors to this system. Your thorough descriptions and answers make it easy to grasp this concept. Having read this thread twice I will now do a third time and make a shopping list. You have convinced me this is the best system and will be switching.

Now that you have ran this system is there any changes you see coming in the near future. Since I am creating a shopping list I want to include any new modifications.

Desert Hydro

Veteran
newguy i love how short you kept that thing! awesome job. what was the final weight and how many watts of COB?

Earlmarne

Hi Earl,

I've been using Jack's Hydro 5-12-26 + calcinit + tap water (I'm lucky that it's great for growing). No epsom. The ratio used here is 1:1 for the Hydro & Calcinit. If you have floating crap after mixing your stock tank, you might be mixing it in the wrong order? ALL of the hydro first, stir it up until you can't see the hydro, followed by ALL of the calcinit. I use a spatula to stir up the powders in the water. People that have far larger tanks, use far larger objects for stirring. I always get a kick out of D9 talking about using a canoe paddle. I stir for a few minutes until no powder is visible in the tank and use a flashlight to see said powder on the floor of the tank because the overhead light in the room that houses my tents is nowhere close to the tank.

I'm making stock concentrate solution. Thinking maybe I should mix directly into my res

zeke99

Well I think we PPK'ers make a stock solution. I might be confusing the terminology. In the "unit grow", which I am running, the course of operations is to fill (and re-fill as needed) a volume tank (with water and fertilizer) which feeds, via tubing to a float valve, the control tank, which houses the wave-pulse pump and also feeds the bottom buckets for each plant. Volume tank = stock solution?