What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Slownickel Organic Grow 2017

You can keep every 1000sq ft in veg with 4x 23w fixtures per 1k. I've planted half a hectare like this and used Romex with water tight connection to do it with regular twist sockets and cfl bulbs. Power came from a Honda gas generator a guy would flip on at midnight for 15 minutes

slownickel

ICMag Donor
Veteran
You can keep every 1000sq ft in veg with 4x 23w fixtures per 1k. I've planted half a hectare like this and used Romex with water tight connection to do it with regular twist sockets and cfl bulbs. Power came from a Honda gas generator a guy would flip on at midnight for 15 minutes

Cater,

Sure seems like an awful little! Just 4 of those 23 w cfls in 1000 sq ft? I was envisioning 2 to 4 per plant! How many plants you calculate in 1000 sq ft? 10? 5? 4?

Thanks.

Dankwolf

A half dollar size light leak can keep a good size flower room from going into flower fully . Had it happen seen it happen . but seems strain dependant to a exstent.

BrainSellz

Veteran
This is where some sort of LED system might work. Wouldn't take much solar to run those for a few minutes every night. Maybe you could wrap them like Christmas trees, man that would be a sight to see. Jk about wrapping them. I'm sure a few over the top would work.

redlaser

Veteran
As far as supplemental lighting goes, I used 10 watts of LED over 300 sq ft with four bulbs this year and it probably could have lit at least another 100 sq ft.

Two bulbs were two watt and two were three watt. It has a 30 watt panel charging with a battery as well, about 160$

Sounds like a nice project Slow, should be interesting to watch

LostTribe

Premium user
As far as supplemental lighting goes, I used 10 watts of LED over 300 sq ft with four bulbs this year and it probably could have lit at least another 100 sq ft.

Two bulbs were two watt and two were three watt. It has a 30 watt panel charging with a battery as well, about 160$

Sounds like a nice project Slow, should be interesting to watch

I find that quite interesting so is anyone else here also familiar with simple interruption of darkness to continue veg with only supplemental lighting?

Dawn Patrol

Well this is some bullshit right here.....
Veteran
Welllll

Welllll

I've used low voltage landscape lighting fixtures outside for years to keep plants in veg all winter so I can flower them on a schedule and not have to harvest a ton of material all at the same time....staggered harvests if you will.

Transformer, 10 fixtures with 10W bulbs and 18-24' PVC pipe to elevate them close to the tops of the taller plants. One transformer runs all night dusk to dawn, the other runs six hours after dark (not my design, just what they do).

Hard to find these days as most of the big box stores and the discounters all have solar lights which I've found to be less than dependable for any length of time. With the wired setups I just check them every two weeks or so to make sure none of the bulbs have burnt out.

If you have any kind of electrical acumen, you could probably engineer and produce the same setup that would come on at an appointed time (1-2AM?) for 15-20 minutes and produce the same results.

I just figured that burning 200W/hr wasn't enough to make me figure that part out.

GreenHands13

100 ft string light has a socket every 10 ft. I use the 23 watt compact flouros. I do one of these for every 120ft x 15ft row. I turn them on for a half hour. From 9 to 9 30 pm. Never have pre flower issues. I'm sure you could use a lower wattage bulb and still get by just fine.

Slipnot

I do not know most farmers in the marijuana business are trying to get there product faster then there competitors so its light dep and bringing in more harvests per year .

If i was growing on a large scale out door i would invest in a green house where a person can use power start earlier and produce bigger plants prior to planting out door in the open

This is how i would do it coming into big tree farming

Buy land , grade a green house section erect a full sized green house and get it powered up with something like this

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2006-Airman...7225346&pid=100005&rk=4&rkt=6&sd=272396513523

or even a bigger gen set that like oil field drllling rig light plant

get a hold of a gas hauler they will be more then happy dropping off a 1 - 5000 gallon tank or just buy one or make one

prepare your fields or beds with soil and grow on

slownickel

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I do not know most farmers in the marijuana business are trying to get there product faster then there competitors so its light dep and bringing in more harvests per year .

If i was growing on a large scale out door i would invest in a green house where a person can use power start earlier and produce bigger plants prior to planting out door in the open

This is how i would do it coming into big tree farming

Buy land , grade a green house section erect a full sized green house and get it powered up with something like this

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2006-Airman...7225346&pid=100005&rk=4&rkt=6&sd=272396513523

or even a bigger gen set that like oil field drllling rig light plant

get a hold of a gas hauler they will be more then happy dropping off a 1 - 5000 gallon tank or just buy one or make one

prepare your fields or beds with soil and grow on

We have gas ones running the wells... no electric lines even close by. Soon though.

slownickel

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Submissive strains?

Submissive strains?

A half dollar size light leak can keep a good size flower room from going into flower fully . Had it happen seen it happen . but seems strain dependant to a exstent.

Danky and all...

Which strains seem the easiest to control? Which ones are toughest to control?

Dankwolf

Danky and all...

Which strains seem the easiest to control? Which ones are toughest to control?

Sativa leaning hybrids . especially if sativa leaning in veg.are the toughest to control as far as photoperiod and to much n effecting flowering negatively.

If i were you i would go with a 66% sativa 33% indy (3 way cross / f2 or f1 if you want to do the search for the keeper and make your own f2 catered to you wants /needs) that leans to indy side in veg (lets say 70% indy 30% sat )and sative side in flower (65%sat and 35% indy) with a stretch of 75% to 125% .

Had freinds run a light on a rope down middle of green house on a pully/electric motor to pull light down midle of green house at night to prevent flower . timer and a relay to send light back cheap and effective.

Have to share one of my non cannabis babies. Meyer lemon breed .5 miles from the ocean and aclimitized to the oregon coast for many years . one of my favorites .stays out side un covered all year and does produce good size lemons . thought you might appreciate

Last edited:

Bradley_Danks

Veteran
Its crazy looking when just a few branches go into flower on the whole plant

Attachments

• Half flower half veg.jpg
    Half flower half veg.jpg
    131.5 KB · Views: 24

Space Case

Veteran

I do these with 6W led bulbs, much easier than all that wiring.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01E44OIJ6/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pd_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=13SL0IV881TG8&coliid=I36IBEYBD3B2D1

Space Case

Veteran
My neighbor has a 200W solar rig with a bank of 2 car batteries, a controller CPU, and a digital inverter. It is enough power to run his poly inflation fan over night, charge all his USB devices, and power tool batteries. Would run LED lights for an hour or so at night, super easy.

Cater,

Sure seems like an awful little! Just 4 of those 23 w cfls in 1000 sq ft? I was envisioning 2 to 4 per plant! How many plants you calculate in 1000 sq ft? 10? 5? 4?

Thanks.

That's unnecessary. If you are wanting to interrupt the light it doesn't take much. We had 15' row spacing then.

Works in the green house too. 4x 24w single T5 keeps it from flowering

Latest posts

Latest posts