What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Slownickel Organic Grow 2017

Space Case

Veteran
...but we may have your 'cads down at the local grocer right now, so...heady days...

Not here, the avocados we have been getting are small, dry, with a large pit, and they go brown before they are even done ripening. Low nutrient density and low shelf life...pretty sure they say Mexico on them...

slownickel

ICMag Donor
Veteran
My avocado has not made it to the US yet. Sent a couple of pallets by air only to Europe.

And no Cater, that is not my label. Chances are you won't see my product on the west coast.... I am aiming at the NY area. Mexico has the same freight to NY as do I.... kind of levels the playing field.

Last edited:

Space Case

Veteran
My avocado has not made it to the US yet. Sent a couple of pallets by air only.

And no Cater, that is not my label. Chances are you won't see my product on the west coast.... I am aiming at the NY area. Mexico has the same freight to NY as do I.... kind of levels the playing field.

You bringing us a gift basket of avocados and limes when you come visit? We can make slow-guaca-mole!

Any farmer I ever met worth a damn always brings their produce because the rooofs in the pudding.

Easiest way for me to get a foot hold in colorado was to show em how much better my stuff was

slownickel

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Flying into the state of California with citrus and avocado? I would never get out the door! That USDA beagle would grab me in 2 seconds and then you get put on the "black list".

Space Case

Veteran
Flying into the state of California with citrus and avocado? I would never get out the door! That USDA beagle would grab me in 2 seconds and then you get put on the "black list".

Nah, they'll just take that avocado and put it in the incinerate pile, unless you can sell em a good bullshit story as to why you have it. I fly with a little weed everywhere I go, fuck em. Europe, New Zealand, Mexico, California, New York, Washington DC, Caribbean...if we always act like its illegal, it will always be illegal...but I guess you aren't gonna boof an avocado if shit gets sketch...even I'm not that kind of a pro...

How much to mail a case of em to my non-avocado growing state?

silver hawaiian

Veteran

No joke - I have a buddy who works international arrivals for CBP. They do not fuss around with ag stuff.

LostTribe

Premium user
Not here, the avocados we have been getting are small, dry, with a large pit, and they go brown before they are even done ripening. Low nutrient density and low shelf life...pretty sure they say Mexico on them...

In Peru they favor the larger more florescent green avocados but they do taste different than say a haas. I actually have grown to prefer the larger variety softer a bit citrusy....great on a hot freshly baked french roll from the corner panaderia!

BrainSellz

Veteran
All this talk about avocado has me thinking about the Bacon variety. The best I've ever had. Grow many of those Slow?

slownickel

ICMag Donor
Veteran
All this talk about avocado has me thinking about the Bacon variety. The best I've ever had. Grow many of those Slow?

No Brain don't have any Bacon.

I am hoping to try some Bacon in the future, there are a couple of others that I would like to try as well.

Need more land.....