What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Slownickel Organic Grow 2017

Bradley_Danks

Veteran
Here is the soil analysis post machaco (washing) of the soil. Note the CEC's. Note the conductivity and the sodium levels.

The lab made a mistake and did the extra analysis of nitrogens.

What showed up was completely unexpected.

Check out the nitrates before we added water....

Wow, sodium and calcium metrics were off the charts pre machaco! You going to lower the pH with sulfur and acidic organic matter? Any of that stuff around? High cec for not much organic matter breaking down. Why do you think that is?

Space Case

Veteran
No one found all those nitrates in the middle of the desert strange?

Same thing here with our desert native clay soil, low OM, but yet trapped nitrates. You just start irrigating and things start turning green right away...wonder what geologic or biologic process left that there.

slownickel

ICMag Donor
Veteran
My partner just brought me 300 "mendo breath" and 300 "gg4 aka guerilla glue #4", to get started. Brought me a bunch of others as well.

They are assembling a CO2 extraction unit. Supposed to be here in 60 days.

Peru is about to pass their version of the recreational law it looks like. Apparently my new partners are politically connected here in Peru and have been at this a while here.

As well, we will have some CBD strains and 50/50 strains.

The idea is to set up an oil manufacturing facility and export to the recreational states.

slownickel

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Wow, sodium and calcium metrics were off the charts pre machaco! You going to lower the pH with sulfur and acidic organic matter? Any of that stuff around? High cec for not much organic matter breaking down. Why do you think that is?

Local manures and composts are all alkaline. Sulfuric acid is not a good idea, been a disaster everywhere they tried it here.

Gypsum will push out the rest of the sodium.

The carbonates will break down over time, two to three years. We will use tiller radish, crotalaria, moringa, various beans and worm castings as well. In the meantime I add a sack of compost per hole/tree, triple super phosphate, corrective gypsum, gypsum spikes and our new micro bricks that are a mix of clay, Korean enzymes, Mn, Zn, Cu and Co. The rest gets applied with the irrigation system.

I am thinking three 210 degree microsprinklers per plant, lowest volume possible.

I am also thinking about using a 80 acre pivot irrigation system. It is much cheaper per hectare and gives me the ability to wash the plants down when I want to by just raising the sprinkler heads and putting on heavier volume heads and downshift to first gear. Still debating on that one....

B

BAKED_BEANZ

i don't mind big growers, its big business than come in a monopolise the cannabis market , with only financial interest in the product .

guess thats reality , its not earn,t when you haven't slaved through the hard times of suppression and risk of freedom to do what you love . its just making money and seeing dollar signs .

cannabis is just going to be like a capsicum one day , just another product if white collar get there way . it will be a sad day , i hope that it never happens . its to special to become that !

@ slow , hope this isn't relevant to what your doing, each to there own though .

Dankwolf

There are many blue collar guys holding genetics / methods that would take many years for big comapanies to figure out and probaly never will cause yield is going to be there goal . they can test till there blue in the face but some things cant be found by testing or duplicated even with the same genetics.

plantingplants

Looks beautiful out there. Looking forward to seeing how it goes down. I plan on riding freight through south america at some point. I'm coming over!

You tested Si but you arent adding any? Happy with where it is or is it not economical?

Why are there nitrates?

Why are you putting lactobacillus and friends into your micro bricks? Is there some synergy there or is it just a way to time release it?

orechron

Looking good. When they get vegging you'll be able to get the numbers you'll need in a month or a little longer. I can't wait to come back. The guy I told you about further south is almost to the point you're at. No more winter breaks for me I guess.

plantingplants

Wait so i just remembered what the photoperiod is like out there. You dont have enough day hours to veg but you didn't seem enthusiastic about supplemental lighting on a large scale so what is your solution to getting a long enough veg on them??

Space Case

Veteran
Wait so i just remembered what the photoperiod is like out there. You dont have enough day hours to veg but you didn't seem enthusiastic about supplemental lighting on a large scale so what is your solution to getting a long enough veg on them??

Set the moon on fire, so we have 2 suns!

Latest posts

Latest posts