What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Sire Lines & "Y" They Matter

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran

Two DNA Molecule
DNA is a very long molecule that consists of different building blocks. The order of the building blocks forms a certain code a cell takes instructions from to produce certain substances and start processes.

Two DNA molecules attach to each other and intertwine like an old-fashioned phone cord. DNA and certain proteins form the chromosomes.
It's this bit that I found a bit misleading. It sounds as if the double helix is formed by the DNA from mom and pop forming a double helix structure between themselves. Which is of course not the case.

acespicoli

in the context of a virus

1726789736202.png

• RNA: consists of a dimer RNA. It has a cap at the 5' end and a poly(A) tail at the 3' end. Genomic RNA (gRNA) is produced as a result of host RNA polymerase II (Pol II) activity and by adding a 5' methyl cap and a 3' poly-A tail is processed as a host mRNA.[10] The RNA genome also has terminal noncoding regions, which are important in replication, and internal regions that encode virion proteins for gene expression. The 5' end includes four regions, which are R, U5, PBS, and L. The R region is a short repeated sequence at each end of the genome used during the reverse transcription to ensure correct end-to-end transfer in the growing chain. U5, on the other hand, is a short unique sequence between R and PBS. PBS (primer binding site) consists of 18 bases complementary to 3' end of tRNA primer. L region is an untranslated leader region that gives the signal for packaging of the genome RNA. The 3' end includes three regions, which are PPT (polypurine tract), U3, and R. The PPT is a primer for plus-strand DNA synthesis during reverse transcription. U3 is a sequence between PPT and R, which serves as a signal that the provirus can use in transcription. R is the terminal repeated sequence at 3' end.

the virus uses its own reverse transcriptase enzyme to produce DNA from its RNA genome, the reverse of the usual pattern, thus retro (backward).

To me I need to study on this, the virus that got cannabis high goes back to basal cannabis
Very primitive sometimes herm lines due to evolution of cannabis reproduction to dioecy
The effects of the old sativas remember a few that were extreme :smokeit:

supposedly this is how cannabis got high

1726791027472.png

Through reverse transcription, retrotransposons amplify themselves quickly to become abundant in eukaryotic genomes such as maize (49–78%)[3] and humans (42%).[4] They are only present in eukaryotes but share features with retroviruses such as HIV, for example, discontinuous reverse transcriptase-mediated extrachromosomal recombination.[5][6]
1726790218345.png

Last edited:

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
I love that you came by and read that and let me know, let me see if I can get it right. Editing .... #28

In botany
. In land plants, by contrast, one generation – the sporophyte generation – consists of individuals that produce haploid spores rather than haploid gametes. Spores do not fuse, but germinate by dividing repeatedly by mitosis to give rise to haploid multicellular individuals, the gametophytes, which produce gametes. A male gamete and a female gamete then fuse to produce a new diploid sporophyte.[8]
This may apply to fungi, I don't know, but it's not cannabis.

acespicoli

1726790926594.png

Only a few pseudo autosomal regions normally remain once sex chromosomes are fully differentiated.
This may apply to fungi, I don't know, but it's not cannabis.
The interesting thing to me is the building blocks of life and phylogenic trees
I was thinking a single grain of pollen and a single ovule
Now break down that single grain of pollen whats in there ?

Fungus breeds very much like plants in my mind anyway...
monokaryotic mycelia dikaryotic 🤷‍♂️ Higher lower plants and photoplankton everything has a beginning?
But im being fuzzy and lacking details maybe off thread topic at this point ?
You remeber my lacking a male and you had suggesting resurrecting my fem line the autosomes would work themselves out ?

1726792174508.png

high-throughput segregation analysis identifies the sex chromosomes of Cannabis sativa​

• July 2019
DOI:10.1101/721324
1726792388476.png

Figure 3. Microsporogenesis and microgametogenesis developed in C. sativa. The different developmental stages are described as follows: (A–E) C. sativa var. Finola (dioecious male) staminate flowers growing in size. (F) C. sativa male flower after anthesis. (A′,A″) Tetrad stage. (B′,B″) Young and mid microspore stage. (C′,C″) Vacuolate microspore stage: arrows highlight apertures. (D′,D″) Young bi-cellular pollen stage. (E′,E″) Mid bi-cellular pollen stage. (F′,F″) Mature tri-cellular pollen stage. (A′–F′) Phase-contrast microscope images. (A″–F″) Fluorescent microscope images after DAPI staining. Scale bars (A–F): 1 mm; Scale bars (A′–F′) and (A″–F″): 10 μm. n, nucleus; v, vacuole; vg, vegetative nucleus; gn, generative nucleus; an, anther; fi, filament; se, sepal; s, spermatids.

The spermatids begin to grow a living thread, develop a thickened mid-piece where the mitochondria become localised, and form an acrosome. Spermatid DNA also undergoes packaging, becoming highly condensed. The DNA is packaged firstly with specific nuclear basic proteins, which are subsequently replaced with protamines during spermatid elongation. The resultant tightly packed chromatin is transcriptionally inactive.

Last edited:

acespicoli

Figure 3.
Homologous recombination repair attempts occur in DNA
before the cell enters mitosis (M phase shown) during the S and G2 phases of the cell cycle.

In addition to repairing DNA, homologous recombination also helps produce genetic diversity when cells divide in meiosis to become specialized gamete cells—sperm or egg cells in animals, pollen or ovules in plants, and spores in fungi. It does so by facilitating chromosomal crossover, in which regions of similar but not identical DNA are exchanged between homologous chromosomes.[22][23] This creates new, possibly beneficial combinations of genes, which can give offspring an evolutionary advantage.[24]

The Secret History Of Sinsemilla

“OK, why don’t you grow a ton of seedless and bring it back to the States? We spent seven months with these two tribes, learning how to recognize and kill the male plants. Why don’t you bring a meaningful amount back to the States and fuck with the main chakra up there? Rattle some kundalini lines, which are dormant anyway.”

It took two years to get it together. First, begging Indians to sell him handfuls of seeds. Then, going down the hill to search for grass traffickers with integrity. Planting a field and trying to explain why he would come back and destroy half the plants. Dealing with a semantic crisis:
Killing the machos was a negative symbol to Mexicans.
You don’t kill the males—who’s gonna fight?

Last edited: