What's new

Shiva Grows

zaprjaques

da boveda kid
Screenshot_20240606-223128.png

poor little street plant...
its been raining all week. just stopped 30 minutes ago, pretty heavy rainfalls too, thunderstorm type...

shiva82

I did find one of the branches I had marked as pollinated but no seeds.. :( Guess the pollination wasn't successful even if the pistils died.
maybe the female was polyploid ? or the male pollen infertile? sme times the pollen size can make a difference too . i noticed one plant i had was unable to accept some types of pollen

goingrey

maybe the female was polyploid ? or the male pollen infertile? sme times the pollen size can make a difference too . i noticed one plant i had was unable to accept some types of pollen
I think it would be pretty rare to find one "in the wild".

But it seems I was wrong! There were 7 seeds in that branch after all. And should be two more branches like that somewhere in there. If they have at least as much I'll have more than doubled what I started off with. :D Actually even now have matched the amount of seeds that germinated.

zaprjaques

da boveda kid
somebody dumped a (probably) ten pack of something in that big ass pot outfront of what might be some dental(?) workshop. a bunch of seedlings popped.
then the dentist/dental technician put that big ass plant in the pot and apparently either 2 seeds popped late or 2 seedlings were hardy enough to penetrate the surface. one is still small or vanished by now. it was too dark to check.

zaprjaques

da boveda kid
looking pretty pale, maybe the rain is to blame. no idea. also not too much light available as the big plant is shading it pretty hard.
one day i'll pass by and its gonna be gone :/

goingrey

looking pretty pale, maybe the rain is to blame. no idea. also not too much light available as the big plant is shading it pretty hard.
one day i'll pass by and its gonna be gone :/
Doesn't look too pale in the photo, I'm sure it will recover (depending on the coming rains).

goingrey

Found some more beans, maybe 40 or so. I think that's ok for a lower branch dusted once with a little bit of pollen.

The Nepal Mist is pretty nice. What would be cool to try some day is actual Kali Mist from Serious Seeds.

Latest posts

Latest posts