What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Shiva Grows

Eltitoguay

looks biblical. a great place for a pinkfloyd concert or similar . i imagine
I think you are referring to the internet photos from Ceuta (?): All the mythologies of the Mediterranean, the biblical one included, are connected; he is not Samson, but Hercules aka Heracles; it is the Monument to the Pillars of Hercules, in the place where Mediterranean mythology located the southern or African column (called Ábila). Opposite the other side of the Strait, in Gibraltar, there is another small monument marking the location of the northern or European one (called Kalpe or Calpe); (internet's pics):
111-memorial-pillars1.jpg

In his tenth labor, Hercules is forced by his king to steal the fabulous red fighting bulls of Geryon (in mythology, a kind of incarnation with 3 heads and 6 legs, of Orion), king of Tartessos ( in the southern half of the Iberian Peninsule (existing in reality and to which my area belonged)
tartessos_mapa.jpg

guarded by his fierce two-headed dog, Orthro.
(Gerión dressed in combat, with his dog Orthro)
800px-Geryon_Cdm_Paris_223.jpg

According to Mediterranean mythology, at that time Europe and Africa were united by a tongue of land of impassable mountains that isolated the Mediterranean from the rest of the Atlantic Ocean. In order to reach the Tartessian capital by sailing and without having to walk by land (located "beyond the Pillars of Hercules), Hercules separated two of these mountains by brute force, uniting both masses of water, and separating both continents (geological fact). which really happened, but 5 million years ago, I think).
Hercules will first kill Orthro, a fabulous and almost invincible two-headed dog, Geryon's pet and guardian of his livestock; depending on the version, beating their heads after having deceived him,
(Hercules deceiving Orthro)
GERIÓN.jpg

or shooting him with arrows.
When the shepherds who witnessed the scene notified King Geryon of the event, he ran to personally avenge the death of his dog;
(Gerión facing Hercules, with his dog Orthro arrowed at his feet)
800px-Orthos_Staatliche_Antikensammlungen_2620.jpg

Hercules will defeat him, and he will be able to take his fabulous cattle.
elganadodegerion.jpg

...They say that he will return here on his twelfth job, forced to steal the apples from the garden of the Hesperides, but that is another story, and it deserves to be told another time (or not...) "Corto ya el rollo"; Greetings with my best wishes of luck, health and peace to all you, today October 12, celebration of Hispanic Heritage Day.

Last edited:

shiva82

I think you are referring to the internet photos from Ceuta (?): All the mythologies of the Mediterranean, the biblical one included, are connected; he is not Samson, but Hercules aka Heracles; it is the Monument to the Pillars of Hercules, in the place where Mediterranean mythology located the southern or African column (called Ábila). Opposite the other side of the Strait, in Gibraltar, there is another small monument marking the location of the northern or European one (called Kalpe or Calpe); (internet's pics):
View attachment 18902982
In his tenth labor, Hercules is forced by his king to steal the fabulous red fighting bulls of Geryon (in mythology, a kind of incarnation with 3 heads and 6 legs, of Orion), king of Tartessos ( in the southern half of the Iberian Peninsule), guarded by his fierce two-headed dog, Orthro.
(Gerión dressed in combat, with his dog Orthro)
View attachment 18903001
According to Mediterranean mythology, at that time Europe and Africa were united by a tongue of land of impassable mountains that isolated the Mediterranean from the rest of the Atlantic Ocean. In order to reach the Tartessian capital by sailing and without having to walk by land (located "beyond the Pillars of Hercules), Hercules separated two of these mountains by brute force, uniting both masses of water, and separating both continents (geological fact). which really happened, but 5 million years ago, I think).
Hercules will first kill Orthro, a fabulous and almost invincible two-headed dog, Geryon's pet and guardian of his livestock; depending on the version, beating their heads after having deceived him,
(Hercules deceiving Orthro)
View attachment 18903004
or shooting him with arrows.
When the shepherds who witnessed the scene notified King Geryon of the event, he ran to personally avenge the death of his dog;
(Gerión facing Hercules, with his dog Orthro arrowed at his feet)
View attachment 18903002
Hercules will defeat him, and he will be able to take his fabulous cattle.
View attachment 18903003
...They say that he will return here on his twelfth job, forced to steal the apples from the garden of the Hesperides, but that is another story, and it deserves to be told another time (or not...) "Corto ya el rollo"; Greetings with my best wishes of luck, health and peace to all you, today October 12, celebration of Hispanic Heritage Day.
i will celebrate hispanic heritage day with a reefer in your honour . salut . interesting historical lesson too. cheers