What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Shiva Grows

goingrey

z.jpg

Bought an entire brick of Zang Cha, 500g.

goingrey

are there different ways / temperatures to brew it up like with green teas?
i have a still sealed supposedly spectacular green tea laying around that i always forget about, mostly because it needs a certain temperature and my water cooker is pretty basic.
Nah, you brew it hot, it's black tea..

For green tea I have a non electric kettle with a thermometer. Well for any kind of tea but the greens are more sensitive of course. On an induction plate it is even faster than an electric kettle.

One time at the tea shop the shopkeep was selling some terrible looking green tea to a guy and then said "it's also good for cold brew", wondered if that was his euphemism for "it's crap", but anyway, maybe cold brew does well for good green tea too.

goingrey

So whats the difference between this tea and the blacks and greens? Its been fermented and aged a bit longer?
It's just black tea, fermented the normal time. Closest tea bag type I have had is the Prince of Wales tea from Twinings, also a light Chinese black tea. People do age it but I don't think this brick is very old, probably from last year.

Latest posts

Latest posts