What's new

Shiva Grows

goingrey

i'm not an expert . i have a nice camera in the attic , and new lenses but a battery that needs replacing. i just use my lens scratched pocket digi camera these days
Yeah I'm using a pocket camera too but am so tired with the lack of dynamic range. Can't get any good images under grow lights. Top of the bud is blown out, bottom shadowed out... In sunlight it's ok.

true macro lenses are quite expensive , so i aborted my camera expedition quite early
Hence the manually adjusted cheap(er) Chinese option. :D

shiva82

Yeah I'm using a pocket camera too but am so tired with the lack of dynamic range. Can't get any good images under grow lights. Top of the bud is blown out, bottom shadowed out... In sunlight it's ok.

Hence the manually adjusted cheap(er) Chinese option. :D
that is technique. get some props , umbrella reflector

shiva82

timbo is a whizz with the settings and lighting set ups etc . there is a way and answer to most your issues i'm sure

goingrey

that is technique. get some props , umbrella reflector
Well the mylar-lined tent is already one big umbrella reflector. :D

What I'd need is more lights from different directions. And hey keep could them on even when not shooting for more yield. :D But I'll try with a better camera first.

shiva82

What I'd need is more lights from different directions. And hey keep could them on even when not shooting for more yield. :D But I'll try with a better camera first.
these camera experts are knowledgeable , and can get the most out of each camera. more so than us mortals

shiva82

these camera experts are knowledgeable , and can get the most out of each camera. more so than us mortals

shiva82

For sure, totally admit that I'm trying to buy compensation for lack of skill.
what shutter speed do you have it set at ? intricate parts like this . make and model is the first question . then they usually tell you the limitations and such

goingrey

d.jpg

Here's the range i can get if editing manually (auto ISO).

Latest posts

Latest posts