What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Shiva Grows

strain_hunter

i'm preparing the swamp again tomorrow , last year i did not prepare enough and the whole area got flooded to a point it rotted the plants . this year , we will use the same spot but mound up higher and add more drainage .

the only ones of my own seeds i have at the farm are 2 x peach oz x leb f2 testers that i have had zero luck with so far , the other seeds are serious 6 , sweet purple, and a couple of random clones as substitutes . i will grow maybe one or two plants in the polytunnel and the rest at the swamp. i can drop clones in as substitutes too at any point . any males i will bring home to isolate in case any are decent and worthy outdoor contenders .

most likely will be the best serious 6 male [ if stable ] vs the females that finished with least issues .
Good luck with that. Whish you good results.
Was in the garden today and collected 18 snails near the plants while it was raining.

shiva82

hi @Cactus Squatter . @DaEarl73 maybe a better person to ask regarding fresh frozen .

i have done it before using bubble bags , and frozen fresh trim . the only down time would be drying the product before rosin pressing . a freeze dryer would be advantageous

the dry ice method of collection is also an option .

the rosin i make more regular is just uncured keif hand pressed with heated clamps through 25micron bags .

the simple small batch way on a budget would be using bubble bags to get a clean fresh frozen product to begin with . then dry the hash out , before rosin pressing that product.

yield could be maximised with a freeze dryer and dry ice additions i would estimate

shiva82

maybe look into freeze drying direct then harvesting the frozen resin heads, and then pressing those fresh frozen heads is the way i would maybe go if i was intending to make a batch of fresh frozen

DaEarl73

hi @Cactus Squatter . @DaEarl73 maybe a better person to ask regarding fresh frozen .

i have done it before using bubble bags , and frozen fresh trim . the only down time would be drying the product before rosin pressing . a freeze dryer would be advantageous

the dry ice method of collection is also an option .

the rosin i make more regular is just uncured keif hand pressed with heated clamps through 25micron bags .

the simple small batch way on a budget would be using bubble bags to get a clean fresh frozen product to begin with . then dry the hash out , before rosin pressing that product.

yield could be maximised with a freeze dryer and dry ice additions i would estimate
I wouldn’t recommend using dry ice, it’s not really a clean product in my experience. But I saw people using static techniques to clean it and make rosin out of it after. If you make clean ice, you can smoke full melt hash in a oil rig without pressing it into rosin. Also I would say full melt is better than rosin. Take it easy, but take it! Have a nice one

goingrey

I wouldn’t recommend using dry ice, it’s not really a clean product in my experience. But I saw people using static techniques to clean it and make rosin out of it after. If you make clean ice, you can smoke full melt hash in a oil rig without pressing it into rosin. Also I would say full melt is better than rosin. Take it easy, but take it! Have a nice one
I used to get a little bit of hash like that when I had the bubble bags that would just vaporize off totally clean when a flame was somewhere in the vicinity but the amounts were like next to nothing. With a more rough extraction and then pressing I guess you can actually get some kind of worthwhile amount... Or is there a way to get decent full melt ice hash returns?

shiva82

static cleanse is worthwhile for sure