What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Shiva Grows

goingrey

extractor fan? i'm amazed my fan is still working and not hot . it has not been switched off since i bought it lol. maybe for 10 minutes off here and there .
Nah one of those oscillating household fans. The extractor fan is a decent one but I think some extra air movement won't hurt with this high humidity latter half of flowering.

shiva82

Nah one of those oscillating household fans. The extractor fan is a decent one but I think some extra air movement won't hurt with this high humidity latter half of flowering.
it is annoying. i go through so many fans that i just use mini inlines now . the best oscilating fan i had was a honeywell. still going now i'm sure. my cousin did not return it to me

a big sturdy basic manual oscillating fan . next time i buy one i will invest in a solid one again

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Dang, seems like my old recirculating fan has died on me in storage. Or maybe it was already broken before that, can't remember. Anyway, set up a small monkey fan kind of thing I got with my tent. Never used it because it seems like a cheap unreliable thing, but I guess the old big one has proved itself to be a cheap unreliable thing. :D I think it's a good idea because the RH is over 60% with the dehuey on and when it goes off the RH goes over 90%. :eek:
Make sure the blade is not stuck or something. Sometimes you can get them to work by switching it on and moving the blade until it gets freed from being stuck or set in motion.

Thats great, Shiva! Glad you are getting the swamp going again! I was about to ask! Should be a good yield out there.

About to finish lunch and finish planting veggies.

goingrey

it is annoying. i go through so many fans that i just use mini inlines now . the best oscilating fan i had was a honeywell. still going now i'm sure. my cousin did not return it to me

a big sturdy basic manual oscillating fan . next time i buy one i will invest in a solid one again
Mini inlines isn't a bad idea actually I think I saw the hydro store even selling some wired up for not much at all.

shiva82

or you can loop your own ducting round the plant , and put a few holes at the top where u want air flow and cap the end of the pipe

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Can you dry the harvested flower in a tent to reduce smell? Would I need a dehumidifier as well as a fan i guess?

shiva82

Can you dry the harvested flower in a tent to reduce smell? Would I need a dehumidifier as well as a fan i guess?
it is ideal . fan filter a tent , space to hang dry , and space for racks too and trimming zone . keep it zipped up and filtered of smells and dirt etc

a drying tent would be a good investment . some what climate controlled drying . more so than drying outside

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thought about getting an indoor grow going for over the winter anyway. Would be fun.

Drying outside is risky and some of the flowers don't dry fast enough and still finding a bit of mold here or there. I think its due to too long of drying period.

Thought about just using the shed in the back yard to dry. I guess that would smell even at a distance for a couple days.

Cloneman

Veteran
do you still smoke cloneman? or vape only ? and if you do smoke , how long have you smoked for?baki or ganja
I’m a vape person, with the occasional neat spliff if I’m out somewhere. I’ve been smoking. since 67 started on hash and worked my way up. The black then was so good, people said it knocked you out. But if it was good, it was Buzzy.

shiva82

I’m a vape person, with the occasional neat spliff if I’m out somewhere. I’ve been smoking. since 67 started on hash and worked my way up. The black then was so good, people said it knocked you out. But if it was good, it was Buzzy.
good going . there is hope for combustion

goingrey

I would have never believed I'd become a vaper.. But that was when I had a crappy Extreme Q vaporizer. And smoked bong hits for breakfast, literally.. But now I genuinely find it the premier way. Maybe because I have a good enough vape to milk up a bong so I can still do bong hits for breakfast.