What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Shiva Grows

goingrey

Loud Seeds is the guy from the Breeder's Syndicate podcast I think. I think it's a pretty good show.
I was wrong. The Breeder's Syndicate guy was Riot Seeds. Loud Seeds guy has a podcast too, haven't listened to it though. But is still different guy than the "lord of loud".

shiva82

'muddy hay' pollinated selected plant . grape pheno. suffered freezing conditions multiple days and low levels of light .

Attachments

• IMG_1036.JPG
    IMG_1036.JPG
    3.7 MB · Views: 30
  • IMG_1037.JPG
    IMG_1037.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 29
  • IMG_1038.JPG
    IMG_1038.JPG
    4.6 MB · Views: 29
  • IMG_1039.JPG
    IMG_1039.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 24

goingrey

Man that's gonna be a next level hybrid. Like SSH vibes but with totally different genetics including some legendarily tasty stuff.

shiva82

Man that's gonna be a next level hybrid. Like SSH vibes but with totally different genetics including some legendarily tasty stuff.
if the pollination is successful, the progeny will be called 'timetravel' . as it has a blend of the decades , while being 50 % oldtimer

shiva82

most infection starts near wounds , or near damaged or old decaying leaves near the bottom . even removing thouse. rip them off, and if you have to cut , use sterile blades everytime

shiva82

PM on cucumber leaves was a big issue last year.
get pm resistant variety if you can . female self pollinating type f1. i had same issue, and the massive oversized but bitter cucumbers. i have gone for f1s this year , medium sized , good taste , abundant fruit. i need to check my seed list . air flow, silica feed now and then, safer soap clean the plant etc and get the resistant types. just keep it to a minimum

shiva82

10x Cucumber Passandra F1 All Female Flowered Seeds

A fantastic cucumber cultivar with F1 hybrid strength is the Cucumber Passandra F1. The downy mildew, mosaic virus, and mildew are well-resisted by this cucumber variety, which is exclusively female. With a maximum length of 15 cm, this cucumber type is basically a little cucumber. The Cucumber Passandra F1 has abundant yields of smooth, dark green, crisp, and tasty fruits.

shiva82

or these. i bought one of the two

10x Cucumber Mini Munch F1 Grow Indoors & Outdoors Seeds

Cucumber Mini Munch F1 is a female mini cucumber variety that yields a lot of snack sized fruits, usually with a length of 10–12 cm. The fruits taste very good and have smooth skin. Cucumber Mini Munch F1 works well for both indoor and outdoor growing in the late spring and summer. It's the perfect variety to grow in a container on a patio and has resistant to powdery mildew.

shiva82

i have cucumelons too, but i dont think they can cross pollinate with normal cucumber . i will keep them separate just in case

goingrey

The Gunnar F1 from two years ago was excellent. Last year I tried to pop a couple of the F2 I kept but none came up. Now I have all of the rest in soil, fingers crossed. Though I suppose they won't be as vigorous as the F1 were.

Green Dragon from last year were really good tasting cucumbers but yeah not good with the PM, planted a couple of the seeds again though.

Then I planted a bunch of Parka F1 that I found but the pack must be really old, don't have high hopes for them still being viable.

Will see what comes up before getting any more...

Latest posts

Latest posts