What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Shiva Grows

shiva82

I had some of these last year as well. It was interesting enough but not very efficient use of space food production wise for me and not super amazing tasting either. Gonna pass on it this year.
i will let them grow wild outside then . lol. plant them out in june. sound like a possible space waster. i have two types of beans , french beans of some kind and ones for the polytunnel, heirloom italian stringless foot long beans . peas i have' petit pois 'and a victorian and now heirloom giant type of pea . i'm terrible at remembering names

GreenestBasterd

6 dahlias i placed into soil , they will be grown out the normal way in dirt , and the best saved . i will clone from those too , if i can . and one dahlia i will propagate indoors in 'pon' contained and take cuttings . i need a bigger propagator really , but this is just experimenting and reminding myself of what to do . if , or as i see growth i will place the tuber into a larger pon bed . the pon may be too strong for the tuber too. vermiculite on its own is usually used as substrate for this method . heat mat on its lowest setting and max humidity i'm opting for.... rotten tubers all round lol, hopefully growth shoots
Remnants of the great dahlia wipeout a few years back.
IMG_8013.jpeg
IMG_7924.jpeg
IMG_7925.jpeg
IMG_8012.jpeg

shiva82

the master plants i will allow to grow big into bushes. the competition flowers will be from clone. single flowers

goingrey

'growing edible dahlias' suggests to me there is dahlias that are not edible . maybe it is how i write
Yea it's confusing but he does explain himself "The only difference between edible dahlias and common garden dahlias is perception, but I use the term edible dahlias a lot, simply to aid people in finding the right information."