What's new

Shiva Grows

zaprjaques

da boveda kid
That Overproof track reminded me of this selection.
Takes me back to a time long gone.

A Different Drummer Selection, put together and mixed by Richard Dorfmeister (Kruder & Dorfmeister, Tosca), celebrates the Birmingham label's tenth anniversary. Since the early '90s, Different Drummer has been a rather underground and respected imprint, one that has come to encompass sound systems and club nights. Though none of Different Drummer's producers have pushed boundaries or revolutionized music on a level comparable to the original dub innovators (King Tubby, Lee "Scratch" Perry, Scientist), they've helped keep the spirit alive while injecting it into ambient dub and trip-hop. Dorfmeister's selection work and sequencing do an admirable job of displaying the label's range, from Noiseshaper's roots-influenced "Movin' Together" to Rockers Hi Fi's "Sexy Selector," which blends its riddim with ambient Detroit techno shadings. This will easily appeal to Dorfmeister and Different Drummer heads alike.

Review from allmusic

Last edited:

shiva82

That Overproof track reminded me of this selection.
Takes me back to a time long gone.

A Different Drummer Selection, put together and mixed by Richard Dorfmeister (Kruder & Dorfmeister, Tosca), celebrates the Birmingham label's tenth anniversary. Since the early '90s, Different Drummer has been a rather underground and respected imprint, one that has come to encompass sound systems and club nights. Though none of Different Drummer's producers have pushed boundaries or revolutionized music on a level comparable to the original dub innovators (King Tubby, Lee "Scratch" Perry, Scientist), they've helped keep the spirit alive while injecting it into ambient dub and trip-hop. Dorfmeister's selection work and sequencing do an admirable job of displaying the label's range, from Noiseshaper's roots-influenced "Movin' Together" to Rockers Hi Fi's "Sexy Selector," which blends its riddim with ambient Detroit techno shadings. This will easily appeal to Dorfmeister and Different Drummer heads alike.

Review from allmusic

decent find

shiva82

ladder work always fucks me up too. at first glance, i think' easy, i will be done in no time' , and then once you start moving around with mobile scaffold and ladders all day, it makes progress slow

zaprjaques

da boveda kid
decent find
thanks,
we always used to smoke to that at one friends place.
he had like 3 cds he always played when we had sessions. haha
he was just asking with which one to start, nobody else could bring their cds, always the same 3 haha
i hope hes allright, havent seen him in almost 20 years.

shiva82

Have you guys heard this one

:D

it was all theatre. more people wanted to vote for trump than biden for sure. stacks of evidence that blatantly gets suppressed by the people that commit such schemes and conspiracy . that fbi staged insurrection i find the most disgusting. i watched that live as i well aware of the agent provocateurs to be there. and what they would try , and it was like a tea party for the normies , people invited in for a tour, all very cordial.... then outside you had ray epps and the fbi , with cnn and other camera crews ready to fillm the planned bit of mayhem. staged out its mind . the feds causing trouble and smashing a window etc ... anyway, they have locked up those innocent people and allowed the feds that took part to remain free . literal fascist state . uk is the same don't get me twisted

goingrey

it was all theatre. more people wanted to vote for trump than biden for sure. stacks of evidence that blatantly gets suppressed by the people that commit such schemes and conspiracy . that fbi staged insurrection i find the most disgusting. i watched that live as i well aware of the agent provocateurs to be there. and what they would try , and it was like a tea party for the normies , people invited in for a tour, all very cordial.... then outside you had ray epps and the fbi , with cnn and other camera crews ready to fillm the planned bit of mayhem. staged out its mind . the feds causing trouble and smashing a window etc ... anyway, they have locked up those innocent people and allowed the feds that took part to remain free . literal fascist state . uk is the same don't get me twisted
I dunno, I think it's quite plausible that people just acted like idiots on their own accord.

shiva82

disgusts me . trump and biden are both puppets of the same establishment . those innocent folk should not be in jail .

Latest posts

Latest posts