What's new

Shiva Grows

shiva82

99 cents for a cheeseburger from macdonalds in russia . whats the price of a macdonalds cheeseburger in its home country in cents?

Old Piney

Outcrossing to other lines, to improve the line, is that what you mean?

F1 hybrids have the most vigor because of the diverse (heterozygous) genetics from recent combination of unrelated plants. Vigor means happy plants, which means optimized potency and terpene content.
Yes I love f1s they have vigor and combine dominant from both parents I have done many. They are surprisingly uniform because of this .It seemed trying to create an inbred line was out of reach with my resources but the f1 was not .I always tried to maintain the pure inbred lines just so I could make the hybrids .So in this case the thing to do is maintain that pure oldtimer haze so you can keep making hybrids

shiva82

who's the daddy ? you are big meech

Attachments

• IMG_0683.JPG
    IMG_0683.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 25

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yes I love f1s they have vigor and combine dominant from both parents I have done many. They are surprisingly uniform because of this .It seemed trying to create an inbred line was out of reach with my resources but the f1 was not .I always tried to maintain the pure inbred lines just so I could make the hybrids .So in this case the thing to do is maintain that pure oldtimer haze so you can keep making hybrids
Thats a great idea. Preserve the IBLS as breeding stock for the future. Its an important to have people preserving these lines so they aren't lost. Its the crop we will pass down.

Old ones are great but yeah the F1's can be even better than the parents they say. Also may be easier to find the desirable great pheno of the original parent line than growing the IBL. The best individuals are usually chosen to create F1 hybrids.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
when inbreeding a line , sometimes you can bx to the f1s of said project , to regain some vigour in a stage
And then make selections to bring the line back into breeding true, but still benefit from the vigor. Yeah thats what has been said about inbreeding can use a backcross, but didn't know you could bring in an f1. Would want something recessive, so it didn't dominate the traits in the population, and you can get rid of fewer outliers.

shiva82

Could you train Meech not to jump on you and claw you. He may protest.
its a girl with a boys name . her original name is mia . i thought she was a boy when she left home and became a stray for 8 months and lived in my greenhouse and yard. she refused to go home , mainly due to her original owner getting a pet dog . meech would be meowing at my door everyday , and i also saved her life twice in that period. so we bonded. big meech is a female. a girl .

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Damn, I miss Sturgmond the shoulder mount cat, He got eaten by the farm dogs, when I brought him one day up to the house from the horse barn. I put him in the old puppy pin for a sec and went inside for something. Even though the dogs were about a year old and had been used to hanging with the cat, one of them thrashed Sturgmond. Sucked. Buried him and prayed for a few.

shiva82

she is a wise cat. she knew living in a house with three people, a dog , and a goldfish would be more competitive than getting food on tap at my gaff and treated like a queen

shiva82

Damn, I miss Sturgmond the shoulder mount cat, He got eaten by the farm dogs, when I brought him one day up to the house from the horse barn. I put him in the old puppy pin for a sec and went inside for something. Even though the dogs were about a year old and had been used to hanging with the cat, one of them thrashed Sturgmond. Sucked. Buried him and prayed for a few.
i can't bare the thought of losing my pet cat . i know obviously i will one day . they are like family members

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
its a girl with a boys name . her original name is mia . i thought she was a boy when she left home and became a stray for 8 months and lived in my greenhouse and yard. she refused to go home , mainly due to her original owner getting a pet dog . meech would be meowing at my door everyday , and i also saved her life twice in that period. so we bonded. big meech is a female. a girl .
It can be tough to tell some times. Aweosme free cat! I had a black cat, twilight who ran away. He was quite a bit older than a kitten when we got him I think .