What's new

Shiva Grows

shiva82

big ass project going on that i split into multiple phases.
everytime i complete a stage i feel like taking a rest.
i have a big job next week. where the client wants me to match a colour with a mural i'm hanging for him of him playing gold at st andrews or a similar course. ffs . can he not do that himself in his own fucking time. haha

zaprjaques

da boveda kid
loves his old school mercedes and 90s hip hop. has a mini disk player still in his car
my uncle had one of these, all white though, with tan leather interior. maaaan....
1280px-1976-1979_Mercedes-Benz_280_E_(W123)_sedan_(2011-07-17)_02.jpg

shiva82

this is a nice motor https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/12626925...9JS15S&hash=item1d663bddf7:g:j1gAAOSwCdRlHpzK

1971Mercedes 220 Manual Saloon. Blue (903) with Saddle Tex upholstery. The Paul Bracq-penned W114/W115 series of three-box Mercedes saloons and coupes was launched in 1968 and remained in production until it was replaced by the W123. The cars were offered with a choice of no less than 11 different engines ranging in size from a four-cylinder 2.0-litre petrol unit to 3.0-litre five-cylinder diesel one. A total of 1,919,056 examples of the mark were built over the nine years, 1,852,008 of which were saloons. Found to be robust and reliable, the model soon found favour with taxi drivers the world over and, displayed within its Stuttgart museum, Mercedes has a 1976 240D saloon that was formerly the property of a Greek tax driver who clocked up a total of 2.9million miles with the car. An iconic classic shape this lovely 220 has a desirable four-speed manual [Website URL removed] is an early pre-facelift model with the taller grill, Bakerlite steering wheel and smaller tail lights. This lovely Mercedes originates from South Africa and was supplied by Ronnie Motors in December 1970 and was bought to the U.K in 2016. The sunny climate definitely favoured the car and the chassis and body very solid and totally without rust due to this. The paintwork presents beautifully and the upholstery still retaining a strong colour. Brand new carpets have just been fitted and most recently new shock absorbers all around along with front and rear inertia seat belts. Mechanically the car is very strong, driving as you would expect and we know if looked after correctly these engines are pretty bombproof. Displaying just 88,000 Kms (55,000 miles) from new this is believed to be correct. A large history file accompanies the car which includes the original dealer wallet containing all manuals and handbooks as well as the all important service book with stamps as well as a hand written log which lists the mileage through the years, also included are bills and invoices showing lots of expenditure and old mot certificates as well as a verity rare original showroom brochure. Although now tax and mot exempt a fresh mot will be applied upon sale for your own peace of mind. Overall, the Mercedes W115 holds a special place in automotive history as a symbol of quality and timeless design. Its classic charm and reputation for reliability continue to attract collectors and enthusiasts to this day. Absolutely any inspection welcome. All major debit and credit cards accepted. Part exchange considered. Finance arranged. Free U.K mainland delivery. Please contact us for any further information. Lots more pictures and a video on our website and Facebook pages.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran

Going to look into Enoch. Enoch was a grandfather of Jesus and his book isn't included in the cannon, that surprises me.​

The Scribes and Scriptures I read last night had some good info which leads me to want to explore these other Old Testament prophets outside the traditional Hebrew cannon. Will let you know what it says in a few.

Luke 3 NKJV

John the Baptist Prepares the Way​

3 Now in the fifteenth year of the reign of Tiberius Caesar, Pontius Pilate being governor of Judea, Herod being tetrarch of Galilee, his brother Philip tetrarch of Iturea and the region of Trachonitis, and Lysanias tetrarch of Abilene, 2 [a]while Annas and Caiaphas were high priests, the word of God came to John the son of Zacharias in the wilderness. 3 And he went into all the region around the Jordan, preaching a baptism of repentance for the remission of sins, 4 as it is written in the book of the words of Isaiah the prophet, saying:

“The voice of one crying in the wilderness:
‘Prepare the way of the Lord;
Make His paths straight.
5 Every valley shall be filled
And every mountain and hill brought low;
The crooked places shall be made straight
And the rough ways smooth;
6 And all flesh shall see the salvation of God.’ ”

John Preaches to the People​

7 Then he said to the multitudes that came out to be baptized by him, “Brood[b] of vipers! Who warned you to flee from the wrath to come? 8 Therefore bear fruits worthy of repentance, and do not begin to say to yourselves, ‘We have Abraham as our father.’ For I say to you that God is able to raise up children to Abraham from these stones. 9 And even now the ax is laid to the root of the trees. Therefore every tree which does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire.”

10 So the people asked him, saying, “What shall we do then?”

11 He answered and said to them, “He who has two tunics, let him give to him who has none; and he who has food, let him do likewise.”

12 Then tax collectors also came to be baptized, and said to him, “Teacher, what shall we do?”

13 And he said to them, “Collect no more than what is appointed for you.”

14 Likewise the soldiers asked him, saying, “And what shall we do?”

So he said to them, “Do not [c]intimidate anyone or accuse falsely, and be content with your wages.”

15 Now as the people were in expectation, and all reasoned in their hearts about John, whether he was the Christ or not, 16 John answered, saying to all, “I indeed baptize you with water; but One mightier than I is coming, whose sandal strap I am not worthy to loose. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire. 17 His winnowing fan is in His hand, and He will thoroughly clean out His threshing floor, and gather the wheat into His barn; but the chaff He will burn with unquenchable fire.”

18 And with many other exhortations he preached to the people. 19 But Herod the tetrarch, being rebuked by him concerning Herodias, his [d]brother Philip’s wife, and for all the evils which Herod had done, 20 also added this, above all, that he shut John up in prison.

John Baptizes Jesus

21 When all the people were baptized, it came to pass that Jesus also was baptized; and while He prayed, the heaven was opened. 22 And the Holy Spirit descended in bodily form like a dove upon Him, and a voice came from heaven which said, “You are My beloved Son; in You I am well pleased.”

The Genealogy of Jesus Christ​

23 Now Jesus Himself began His ministry at about thirty years of age, being (as was supposed) the son of Joseph, the son of Heli, 24 the son of Matthat, the son of Levi, the son of Melchi, the son of Janna, the son of Joseph, 25 the son of Mattathiah, the son of Amos, the son of Nahum, the son of Esli, the son of Naggai, 26 the son of Maath, the son of Mattathiah, the son of Semei, the son of Joseph, the son of Judah, 27 the son of Joannas, the son of Rhesa, the son of Zerubbabel, the son of Shealtiel, the son of Neri, 28 the son of Melchi, the son of Addi, the son of Cosam, the son of Elmodam, the son of Er, 29 the son of Jose, the son of Eliezer, the son of Jorim, the son of Matthat, the son of Levi, 30 the son of Simeon, the son of Judah, the son of Joseph, the son of Jonan, the son of Eliakim, 31 the son of Melea, the son of Menan, the son of Mattathah, the son of Nathan, the son of David, 32 the son of Jesse, the son of Obed, the son of Boaz, the son of Salmon, the son of Nahshon, 33 the son of Amminadab, the son of Ram, the son of Hezron, the son of Perez, the son of Judah, 34 the son of Jacob, the son of Isaac, the son of Abraham, the son of Terah, the son of Nahor, 35 the son of Serug, the son of Reu, the son of Peleg, the son of Eber, the son of Shelah, 36 the son of Cainan, the son of Arphaxad, the son of Shem, the son of Noah, the son of Lamech, 37 the son of Methuselah, the son of Enoch, the son of Jared, the son of Mahalalel, the son of Cainan, 38 the son of Enosh, the son of Seth, the son of Adam, the son of God.

Last edited:

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Excerpt from 'Scribes and Scriptures' by Peter Gurry and John Meade

In addition to the hebrew cannon criterion, some early Christians adopted another: What books did the churches read from and from which did they receive edification> Around AD 200, Tertullian expressed the criterion as follows:

" But Since Enoch in the same Scripture also proclaimed about the Lord, indeed we must reject nothing at all that pertains to us; and we read that "every Scripture fit for edification is divinely inspired." (On the Apparel of Women 1.3)"

Earlier, Tertullian noted taht some Christians did not receive Enoch because it was not admitted into the Hebrew canon. But he explicitly rejected this line of reasoning in favor of a rather imprecise criterion consisting of what was edifying for the churches based on a loose paraphrase of 2 Timothy 3:16.

When Africanus whrote to Origen with a question about which holy books the churches accepted, he expected Origen to agree with him that the churches accepted only the books received from the Jews. But when Origen responded to Africanus (AD 250), he affirmed a different criterion: the sacred books circulating in the churches have been given by Providence (Letter to Africanus 8). A little later in the letter, Origen employeed this criterion to distinguish between the Christian and Hebrew cannons when he affirmed that the Jews did not use Tobit, but the churches did (Letter to Africanus 19). In this context, Origen meant that Tobit was a sacred, providentially given book received by the churches. (5 citation)

Finally, although Augustine counseled that no one should receive the books publicly read in the church's literagy, he also affirmed a principle focusing on the acceptance of a book:

"The most expert investigator of the divine Scriptures.... will apply this principle to the canonical Scriptures: to prefer those accepted by all catholic churches to those which some do not accept. As for those not universally accepted, he should prefer those accepted by a majority of the churches, and by the more authoritative ones, to those supported by fewer churches, or by churches of lesser authority. (On Christian Teaching 2.12)"

The church-reception criterion led some to draft cannon lists that included the books of the hebrew cannon plus other books, putting those lists at odds with the ones above. (Table4.4)

The only Greek list in this table, the Apostolic Cannons, appears in different manuscripts with more or fewer books, ranging from the Hebrew canon alone to a list including Judith, 1-4 Maccabees, Wisdom of Solomon, and Sirach. Codex Claromontanus contains the Hebrew cannon (lacking Chronicles, probably due to copyist error) plus the six apocryphal book and 4 Maccabees. The MommsenCatalogue contains the Hebrew cannon (lacking Ezra) plus 1-2 Maccabees, Tobit, Judith, and probably Wisdom of Solomon and Sirach. The Synod of Hippo (whence the 'Breviarum Hipponense' in Table 4.4), Augusting, and the Innocent integrate the six deutrocanonical books with the books of the Hebrew canon.

These Christians believed the boundaries of the Old Testament were wider than the Hebrew canon, as they accepted books that the curches had been reading for some time. But some early Christians read books outside the Hebrew canon, even in the church, that they did not consciously recognize as canonical. How do we explain this?

goingrey

imo. only the 'of this world' christians think they will be going to heaven and forgiven of all sin . the hardcore tend to accept they are not perfect , and only people of jesus calibre get to heaven
The latter is a pretty bleak view as it would mean that no one is going to heaven.

But maybe it is so. I don't know.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thats not true. Is it NOT Crystal Clear........... God loves us. Here we are. The evidence.

Jesus was sent to teach us this. We are loved by the Father guys.

Had a vision last night as I was preparing for bed. I had not smoked most of the day and took a couple tokes of DC x BB before bed then was medicating with half a dropper of CBD, closing my eyes breathing, mediating on the earth, and God, and outer space, and Me. I came to a visual epiphony, a representation, I saw the face of God. And you know what he told me? He said, "You are my beloved Son, in you I am well pleased."

John Baptizes Jesus

21 When all the people were baptized, it came to pass that Jesus also was baptized; and while He prayed, the heaven was opened. 22 And the Holy Spirit descended in bodily form like a dove upon Him, and a voice came from heaven which said, “You are My beloved Son; in You I am well pleased.”

full