What's new

Shiva Grows

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Gotta get some house cleaned. Spent all day on the legislature, I just sent in my tax check, can't they do this legislative work themselves... Making me do it for them. Labor of love. I love the people here. I love this land God has given us.... :smoke:

full

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I almost forgot, I used to have a grey long hair cat, Sturgmond, who rode on my shoulder. I would hold on to his tail to help stabilize, and he would chill while I walked around. Used to play basketball in the hosrse barn where he lived. :smoke:

Old Piney

My thoughts on male selection. My all-time favorite strain I've grown was Dp34, it was a early old school Dutch Durban poison offered by sssc. Back in 1986. I grew it for several generations by just selecting good females and a good vigorous male. I took a break growing from 1993 to 2019 and had seeds frozen. Now after growing many plants again several more times and two more generations ,it seems I've lost it, it just not as good as it was. I fault this to poor male selection. Male selection is tough the suttel expressions are hard to notice. Now after learning about landrace preservation using open pollination and doing it, I have a new approach. If you don't know which male to select, don't , use them all and select females you want from that. You can always select again , but if you have inadvertently culled something good out your screwed. In my opinion this new breading using feminized s1s is just gonna fail in the long run with too much restriction on the gean pool

Last edited:

GreenestBasterd

some positive news. my mother is booked in for surgery next month . the brain surgery involved removing most the tumour connected to the main vein , followed with radiotherapy to try and kill off the remaining part they can't surgically remove . she is in good spirits. she is only upset that she will have to leave the puppies for a period and not be well wenough to care for them while she hopefully recovers

i love my mother dearly , like most of us do . fingers crossed everything goes ok . powerless in these situations and i take many positives from it all , and i'm confident she will battle through it fine
Sending love and prayers from down under mate.
I’m sure it’ll be fine but a few extra people sending collective good energy and positive thoughts can never hurt!!
I certainly appreciated it when my eldest was in hospital.

Old Piney

some positive news. my mother is booked in for surgery next month . the brain surgery involved removing most the tumour connected to the main vein , followed with radiotherapy to try and kill off the remaining part they can't surgically remove . she is in good spirits. she is only upset that she will have to leave the puppies for a period and not be well wenough to care for them while she hopefully recovers

i love my mother dearly , like most of us do . fingers crossed everything goes ok . powerless in these situations and i take many positives from it all , and i'm confident she will battle through it fine
Praying all goes well and a fast recovery

shiva82

My thoughts on male selection. My all-time favorite strain I've grown was Dp34, it was a early old school Dutch Durban poison offered by sssc. Back in 1986. I grew it for several generations by just selecting good females and a good vigorous male. I took a break growing from 1993 to 2019 and had seeds frozen. Now after growing many plants again several more times and two more generations ,it seems I've lost it, it just not as good as it was. I fault this to poor male selection. Male selection is tough the suttel expressions are hard to notice. Now after learning about landrace preservation using open pollination and doing it, I have a new approach. If you don't know which male to select, don't , use them all and select females you want from that. You can always select again , but if you have inadvertently culled something good out your screwed. In my opinion this new breading using feminized s1s is just gonna fail in the long run with too much restriction on the gean pool
back in 86 i was 4 man . old piney is a veteran

shiva82

testing the males progeny is the only way in my opinion of knowing if the male is of use. sometimes the best lookers , or favoured males , don't give the best offspring. test , test , test , and then determine if the male is worth keeping around

shiva82

so the new set up i have decided on . using the lighst and bulbs i have . the 2 x cdms and 1 x 150 watt hps will go in a 160 x 80 cm walled frame.. i have just bought an extra clip on fan for the neglected mini tent and mars hydro 150 watt led unit , and i also bought 4 x reptile heat matts with thermostats for each plant for next round. tune up of the mini tent . make use of all that overkill of light and make use of the cdms better in a tighter space . i hope these heat matts work , and don't spike too hot . the horticultural versions are three times the price without a thermostat

they are my updates. filter change is next update . for now the filter is ok

4 flowering plants is more than enough for my own consumption

shiva82

fans don't seem to last these days. the best fan i had was a 1980s honeywell .. lasted 40 years

i got a secret jardin tent post fan. hopefully it lasts more than 6 months

shiva82

if the biblical heaven is real , only 144000 souls are allocated to that level. i will probably end up in hell or in between like the majority .