What's new

Shiva Grows

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
paradise cheese. sadly not enough room for other plants. i switched on the 150 watt hps today . direct and reflected into the plant . lets see how she does . 2nd week of flower
Sweet, looks like it will fill in a little more with stretch, and it should be about right.

Was down at the park and talked to a guy my age who has been practicing hockey as a workout and help his back in one of the big shelter houses. I see him there all the time, I thought he was a skateboarder practicing in there. He told me he played with a friend at a rink he had in his back yard. His friend lives right by the girlfriend of my friend Tyler's dad, and I have seen it before, I told him. Their kids all play hockey.

Told him to maybe talk to the town and they may be interested in putting in an outdoor hockey rink. :smoke:

God with us, preparing the way.

shiva82

my favourite pheno so far of 'muddyhay ' has the peach trichome shape . and with sods law ruling the land, the only pheno i did not get a clone of . i took one of each and that one failed. i can reveg her though. even though i have pruned her underside haha.. i will reveg her , if she remains the best. the other 2 may become favoured. burnt tips already. sensitive plants. delicate

Attachments

• IMG_0657.JPG
    IMG_0657.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 25
  • IMG_0660.JPG
    IMG_0660.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 24
  • IMG_0661.JPG
    IMG_0661.JPG
    4.4 MB · Views: 23

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I guess reveg can throw a pollen sack or whatever, but it doesn't change the plant other than slowing vigor a little. Is that temporary or does vigor return?

Sorry to hear thats the one that is missing, but maybe the others will be better.

Still time to hit it with some pollen!!!! Seeedz rule in war....

shiva82

I guess reveg can throw a pollen sack or whatever, but it doesn't change the plant other than slowing vigor a little. Is that temporary or does vigor return?

Sorry to hear thats the one that is missing, but maybe the others will be better.

reveg is perfectly fine. in the tropics, you can have plants a few seasons old . if you over stress a plant you could maybe cause intersex. the oldtimer is stable as they come. never seen intersex in that line, and the peach was from a reg line, and again i never seen it show intersex once . revegged or not

shiva82

i will pollinate the winner

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
reveg is perfectly fine. in the tropics, you can have plants a few seasons old . if you over stress a plant you could maybe cause intersex. the oldtimer is stable as they come. never seen intersex in that line, and the peach was from a reg line, and again i never seen it show intersex once . revegged or not
Thats what Mean Gene from Freeborne Selections of Mendocino was talking about on the recent Potcast that was a Patreon supporter exclusive.

He says that works really well as a shortcut in breeding, to reveg the winners a couple weeks before they are expected to be harvested. He said he does reveg a little early I guess, once he's able to make determinations on resin quality, I think to allow the plant to have plenty of energy to reveg successfully.

Should work well especially if its a stable line.

Can reveg and clone to your hearts desire then.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
What you need is a good non-dominant stud male that allows the female to show through in the progeny for most of their traits, especially resin quality.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Takes some testing to find a male like that, but once its found it can be very valuable, they say, for breeding work.

shiva82

What you need is a good non-dominant stud male that allows the female to show through in the progeny for most of their traits, especially resin quality.
if i wanted the progeny to shine that way i agree. i just go for healthiest , and make a few options every season

shiva82

the oldtimer i noticed is dominant in most of its hybrids. certain 'kushes' , have shown through in the f1s in larger numbers out of ones i have tested

shiva82

new expressions or unique expressions are favoured over line breeding traits and breeding. i'm just a seed maker and pheno hunter

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yeah it would make me nervous channeling EVERYTHING through one male, not knowing for certain the outcome down the road. And it would really limit the possibility of better females. But I see how it could be good to have some level of control over what the offspring look like.

Breeding takes many generations, so whatever you can do to streamline that to get the plant you want, works out to improve efficiency. Have you ever used STS or anything to self a plant, and produce feminized seed?