What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Shiva Grows

exoticrobotic

@exoticrobotic what is the quickest method to cap an unused chimney ? use a curved ridged tile, so it is still vented? i'm looking around at other peoples. i have a job with a chimney breast that gets damp and leaks efflorescence that i can't be arsed fucking around with , or waiting for eternity for somebody to come fix it . i'm going up myself , it is only a bungalow height

i am no expert, just a diyer who likes being on roofs.

Damp could be from chimney top or flaunching or cracked tiles or boiler condensate leaking up there.

Could also be no lead around the base of chimney where it meets roof tiles.

GL... bungalow is pieace of piss :tiphat:

shiva82

it will be when i retire , over 20 years away . if i'm still alive . i will keep my options open. serbia, montenegro, afghanistan anywhere really that i'm free to live and help people. the world is my lobster

shiva82

i am no expert, just a diyer who likes being on roofs.

Damp could be from chimney top or flaunching or cracked tiles or boiler condensate leaking up there.

Could also be no lead around the base of chimney where it meets roof tiles.

GL... bungalow is pieace of piss :tiphat:

i will give it full inspection and slap dash re-point anywhere and check lead flashing , and stick a flue vent cap on . i won't know until i'm up there .

shiva82

i just like to randomly whip the ladders out and sit on strangers roofs all day long . great hobby . i thought i was the only one

exoticrobotic

what is the quickest method to cap an unused chimney ? use a curved ridged tile

(y)

Had the chimneys swept yesterday.

What a caper! £80 per chimney for shoving a brush and hoover up and shaking it about.

I knew there was something funny about the chimney sweep bloke as soon as he walked through the door.

He'd been doing it for 6 years, previous 30 years a copper and he still walked like one...

You could hear my sphincter tighten as i breathed out slowly.

Good job i chatted to him 5 mins before he came in the room as i had time to shuffle the 80 peat pots aside.

:biggrin::rasta:

shiva82

(y)

Had the chimneys swept yesterday.

What a caper! £80 per chimney for shoving a brush and hoover up and shaking it about.

I knew there was something funny about the chimney sweep bloke as soon as he walked through the door.

He'd been doing it for 6 years, previous 30 years a copper and he still walked like one...

You could hear my sphincter tighten as i breathed out slowly.

Good job i chatted to him 5 mins before he came in the room as i had time to shuffle the 80 peat pots aside.

:biggrin::rasta:
why is he not a copper anymore? usually they are the wronguns . full state pay while suspended ,taking cash in hand types . probably a stalker or similar

shiva82

a few ex coppers train at my old gym. all dodgy , all on the juice, all look like the same tattooed spunk bubbles. same types

shiva82

back in the day , children used to be lowered into the chimney stacks. and if they were too slow, the master would light the fire

GreenestBasterd

@exoticrobotic what is the quickest method to cap an unused chimney ? use a curved ridged tile, so it is still vented? i'm looking around at other peoples. i have a job with a chimney breast that gets damp and leaks efflorescence that i can't be arsed fucking around with , or waiting for eternity for somebody to come fix it . i'm going up myself , it is only a bungalow height
Just harness your inner Fred Dibner and you got nothing to worry about.

“Did ya like that”

What a man!!!

Latest posts

Latest posts